Anonymous
Years ago

SEABL Practice Matches.

Any results so far? I heard Ballarat pulled out of their game against Dandenong, did anyone else play?

Topic #30859 | Report this topic

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

I hear Nuna's men got flogged by Knox on weekend bout 30pts.

Anyone at this game did CJ/Lester play for knox?

Reply #405224 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Geelong got Mt Gambier by six yesterday in Millicent.

Reply #405225 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Frankston beat Ringwood by 3.

Reply #405242 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Very interested in seeing Frankston play this year, will be strange without Bill on the sidelines but McAughtry seems to have made a very good impression on the players.

Reply #405245 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Be fantastic not see unhappy, dour,sour bitchy Bill on the sideliens. Should have happened years ago.

Reply #405247 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Frankston will take time to gell.The worry is the lack of a genuine 5 man.Also saw Cambur Motors pulled the pin on there sponsorship.

Reply #405250 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Frankston is in a shambles with Bill gone. Lost sponsership, no money for new uniforms, etc etc.

President and his mates are running the place into the ground. They have no idea!!

Reply #405264 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

What happened, anon, your kid get cut from Frankston???

Reply #405265 | Report this post

I think he must have

Reply #405267 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just a loyal Frankston Basketball person for the last 20 years, who is disgusted at the way Bill was treated and have been hearing stories over the last few weeks of sponsors pulling out, uniforms not being issued, etc etc.

Glad my kids have finished playing and were lucky enough to have a person like Bill in charge.

Reply #405269 | Report this post

wow that is some emotion who was the person behind the plan to get rid of Bill

Is it also true Ian Wilmont has also walked out on the club in support of Bill

Reply #405270 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yep, two qualilty Frankston people in Bill and Ian gone. Its not good down there.

Reply #405272 | Report this post

I understand Mc Aughtry has been brought in as coach but that does not run the club

Just went to frankstons web site cant find who is President etc etc

Boy o Boy have they gone down hill Has to be the worst web site ever

Also need someone to confirm that person behind getting rid of Bill was upset because his son did not get opportunities at he club

Reply #405275 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

I think the new management and board underestimated the impact Bill had especially with sponsors.

Reply #405280 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

any chance we can just talk about practice match results???

Reply #405281 | Report this post

You can talk about results anonymous but I am happy having my discussion with Happy Days

Happy Days know what you mean a lot of work done by Bill and Ian Wilmont

Does anyone know who is trying to run Frankston at he moment

Any truth Nathan Jolley has left also

Reply #405286 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Ballarat going to run with one or two imports?

Reply #405287 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

I think you need to understand the relationships within organisations before you make wholesale changes. I actually think Bill would be relishing the change of environment as hes closer to home and gets to start with a clean slate. I think the issue that upset people and sponsors was the way it was done.

Reply #405289 | Report this post

Bill had become part of Frankston though I did not always agree with the way he ran the club I respected him

Reply #405290 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Bill would always wander down for a chat. I think the key word is respect.

Reply #405292 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nunawading were without Macca, Cameron, Conn & Vanrenen for the game against Knox. Pretty sure Knox had their whole team playing.

Reply #405299 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just been told Knox were without 4 players as well including 2 starters in Mick Hill and Sean Carroll.

Reply #405302 | Report this post

Have to agree Bill also gave a lot of time back I remember the early mornings My daughter would spend in elite training with Bill while she was getting ready for State tryouts
And Bill knowing full well I was caoching at another club

Reply #405310 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

I guess we take the Knox Vs Nuna game with a grain of salt then if both teams where missing those guys, but i guess knox must have a stronger bench!

Reply #405320 | Report this post

j  
Years ago

Wouldnt read much into the Mt Gambier v Geelong match either. Not sure who if anyone Geelong were missing but Mt Gambier were without Tom Daly, Brad Hill, Ben Allen and Jan Warbou so probably cant take alot from that result or any others they are trial games after all.

Reply #405326 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NO UNIFORMS?! Think of the children! The Horror!

Reply #405339 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Geelong were without Mike Mercer, Nathan Herbert,Keith Harrison

Reply #405486 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Knox lost to Big V Waverley 79-86. Raiders had no Mick Hill or John Phillip in uniform. Falcons missing Goodwin.
At one stage Waverley led 61-38 in the game but 6 triples from Massingale in the 2nd half had them tie it up with about a minute or so to go before Waverley pushed away.

Reply #406158 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:18 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754