Isaac
Years ago

Davidson to face tribunal for tripping

Epidemic! Then again, many would wonder if Larry isn't always tripping.

Wollongong Hawks big man Larry Davidson will face the National Basketball League Tribunal this week after match officials charged him with tripping following an incident late in the second quarter of Wollongong's 81-74 home win over the Sydney Kings at WN Entertainment Centre on Friday night.

The match referees filed the tripping charge against Davidson arising out of an alleged incident in the in the dying minutes of the second quarter involving Sydney’s Ben Madgen.

The report alleges that Davidson grabbed Madgen with both hands while on his back after diving for a loose ball, causing Madgen to fall to the ground.

Under NBL Rules, all reports by match officials are automatically referred to the NBL Tribunal.

The hearing will take place via phone with the date to be confirmed.

Topic #31171 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Poor Crazy-Larry. He should've just thrown a chair at Madge.

Reply #409854 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

I didnt watch this game but I could almost guarentee without even seeing it that Madgen exaggerated the contact

Reply #409875 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Larry is bringing in Jacob Holmes as a character reference.

Reply #409877 | Report this post

Triton 95  
Years ago

did anyone see it?

Reply #409889 | Report this post

flatshot  
Years ago

if it was on NBLTV who could tell! But I don't recall anything from 1/10 coverage that was an issue but if it was off camera who knows.

Reply #409893 | Report this post

bankedshot  
Years ago

I watched it all and didn't pick up on it. But as you said NBL.tv maybe it wasn't noticed or visible. I don't remember the commentators mentioning it either. Can anybody find a clip?

Reply #409949 | Report this post

CR  
Years ago

Yep, I saw it on the One/Ten coverage on Friday night - it was right on the edge of the picture at the defensive end as the camera followed the ball down the court.

Davidson had hit the floor in the rebounding contest (nothing to do with Madgen) and Magden was trying to follow the ball back down the court.

@alexkrad seems to have an opinion without even seeing it - that's not what the footage looked like.

The commentators did not notice it at all - but it will certainly be on video.

Reply #409958 | Report this post

1HARD2  
Years ago

Very similar situation as Holmes last week except Davidson was already on the ground before Megdan ran over him.

Reply #409965 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:45 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754