Anonymous
Years ago

year 9/10 school ball results

what are this weeks results

Topic #3124 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

blackfriars went down to cabra by 3 in the year 9s both teams missing key players

Reply #35815 | Report this post

what the  
Years ago

no year 9 this week only year 10 and open - if you are talking basa basketball festival

Reply #35824 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

no just the regular games

Reply #35833 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Their were Year 9 games today, I saw one in progress

Cabra defeated BlackFriars in Year 10, Cabra had 12 players becuase a mis-hap caused the B Team to also show up, so they got a game as well with the A's

Reply #35842 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

any stand outs in that game?

Reply #35853 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeh... not you!

you just want your name said don't ya?

Reply #35858 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

no, i meant any stand outs in the basa festival from the the post before. it seemed alot of schools didnt enter. And thats stand out teams, not players

Reply #35905 | Report this post

undersized pf  
Years ago

did anyone see the year 9 Blackfriars vs Cabra game? apparnetly there was a 00 for Blacks who carried them. Blacks went down but apparently this kid got 32 points and a ton of boards. Carried the ball and posted up.

Reply #35957 | Report this post

$talks  
Years ago

At one stage Blacks led 24-15 then Cabra started double teaming 00 and went on 15 zip (or so) run.

Also managed to get 00 in some foul trouble and were able to spread the offence and drive at 00 who could not afford to get to aggressive.

Both teams deserve credit as it was a game played in good spirit that went down to the wire. In the end Cabra had just a couple more options.

With return of top names for BASA carnival this week Cabra should be very competitive again.

Reply #36019 | Report this post

undersized pf  
Years ago

Blacks year 9's played pedare this morning and that same 00 got 36 points and played in similar fashion to what he played like against cabra (rebounding, defense, assits, played pg and center)

does anyone know who this kid is. He shows maturity beyond his years and hes got a well developed basketball brain.(e.g carries the ball then posts up) he understands what the team needs

Reply #36797 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

you kids have so much to learn!!!

AI mature player would involve the other players and get them playing roles, not taking on Point, then going inside.

If you saw blacks last week and this week, your clearly a blacks fan/family/collegue, ask someone at your school, instead of trying to get your mates mentioned on here.

Reply #36801 | Report this post

undersized pf  
Years ago

relax tard! yeh ofcourse i saw the game and thats why i was asking the question. How can you pass comments when u didnt even see the game. Who says u cant involve players from the inside. If your a big man and your also the best ball handler, what stopes you from bringing the ball up safetly then providing an option in the paint.

your just one the those people who sit back in the stands and bags the competitors whilst sipping on your bev.

Reply #36885 | Report this post

Faker  
Years ago

How did unley go?

Reply #37132 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

l heard some guy from unley has been carving up lately? in year 10 ball.

Reply #37133 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

unley opens will win the grand!

Reply #37148 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what school you guys in?

Reply #37150 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

undersized pf

that might work for scrubber school ball, but against a good team, you'll get exposed!

If you have to carry the ball against good full court man, then go inside against a quality big man, you wont last a half.

But if you can bring the ball up, and get other involved off screens etc, you'll be able to play for longer.

but your right, saturday morn, i do sit in the stands, i play my game friday night.

Reply #37166 | Report this post

This post IS not by me..........
"re: year 9/10 school ball results (#37132)
How did unley go?
Jarryd Fildes, 07/06/05 "

This is the real Jarryd Fildes. whoever posted as me i dont know y i would be asking about unley seeing as i go there and play in the team. and use ur own name if u have any guts.

Reply #37225 | Report this post

undersized pf  
Years ago

RE:(#37166)

as i said before i dunno how you can pass comments about players u havent seen.

In the games that are in question it wasnt exactly scrubber ball. There were state competitors playing. and i think that people will tell you that cabra are a quality outfit(as was the opposition the first game)

who says this isnt what happened (e.g screens, pick n rolls, passing out of the post getting people open)as a matter of fact these skills were displayed, but i suppose whenever someone does well for themselves scoring, there will always be people whom bag because they cant see past there own head.

enjoy playing your one game of the week, as you must be such a fantastic baller as only the very elite play on a friday night lol

Reply #37238 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

you still haven't said which school you go to...

dont twist what i've said, your right, i can't pass specific judgement on players i haven't seen, all i have said is

"If you have to carry the ball against good full court man, then go inside against a quality big man, you wont last a half.

But if you can bring the ball up, and get other involved off screens etc, you'll be able to play for longer."

which i stand by as a valid claim!

Reply #37244 | Report this post

undersized pf  
Years ago

By the way i dont go to school ive finished school and i am posting in this thread because i have seen potential in a young baller.

When i saying carrying the ball i dont necesarily mean going coast to coast without passing the ball. I mean controlling the ball (e.g setting up and controlling the press breaker) Thus once the this has been achieved i find it very intelligent (espically for a kid of this age) to then enter the post and provide an option, and yes create for there team mates (e.g screens, passing out of the post)

All i orignally said is that i feel that the thinking involed in this and maturity shown is quite unique in a player of this age.

Reply #37283 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:53 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754