Anonymous
Years ago

Bring the Gold Coast Blaze back

I MISS THE GOLD COAST BLAZE !!! WE NEED A WAY TO BRING THEM BACK

Topic #31600 | Report this topic

NBL Fan  
Years ago

Maybe in ten years but they lost so much money in such a short time. Gold Coast citizens just can't support a basketball team. I know how you fee,I used to support them but if a Brisbane team came back they could play 1 or 2 games at the Gold Coast.

Reply #417622 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They didnt lose much their last season, but up til then they were leaking like the Titanic.

Reply #417623 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hahaha - didn't lose much last season..... That's why the owner had to stump up 200k just so the team could play the final game in Perth - and that's after the team had made a 7 digit number disappear already!

Great intentions but crap execution and will be a looooong time before we see an NBL team up here again

Best bet is to support the Rollers QBL team and hope they put together a good season!

Reply #417631 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

A little jolt of 'em down here in ADL now .

Reply #417633 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm sure the final game cost 200K!

Reply #417635 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

When are the Tomlinson's due to come of age and cash in?

Reply #417653 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Gold Coast don't support their footy codes... what chance does basketball have?

Reply #417681 | Report this post

bowtie  
Years ago

If it cost $200k then a lot of it was for bills that had to be paid before that last game went ahead. Not soley for one NBL game
Tomlinsons paid accounts for a ridiculous number of extras that were family related and unnecessary for the team/club to function.

Reply #417682 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Final game may not have cost 200k but if a certain creditor wasnt satisfied then the game was in serious doubt!

One of the sons had that birthday a coule of weeks ago Isaac - but he is overseas at the moment and seemingly interested in other things - not sure the league would want to deal with him anyway with his history

The youngest son is a while off yet and is happy at the moment cruising around the US with a well know PG!

Reply #417683 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Exactly right Bowtie - and one of the family seemed to cop the brunt of it for the rest if them and way more than his share to save face for his family - but in the end throwing money away every year and seeing promises constantly broken gets too hard.

Reply #417685 | Report this post

bowtie  
Years ago

yep, heard that one family member was more financially involved. What sort of broken promises?
Certain boys must have been living on borrowed or advanced monies whilst waiting for their inheritance. What a life.

Reply #417686 | Report this post

bowtie  
Years ago

The college guys will still be in school?
The Boomers will be more of an NBL Boomers team and I like that better than the All Star game teams.

Reply #417687 | Report this post

bowtie  
Years ago

Sorry for the above post.
Belongs under the "Boomers" topic
Maybe someone can fix it up for me?

Reply #417688 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

I'd rather see the Brisbane Bullets return.

Reply #417756 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Blaze?? Bring back the Gold Coast Rollers

Reply #417759 | Report this post

Flip  
Years ago

Demographic is all wrong for an NBL team up in GC

If you live in the GC, Your either Retired, Surfy , party peron. All don't have an interest in the Blaze

Reply #417765 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Hmmmm which catagory do I fall into - must say I wish I could surf!

With regards to the Rollers coming back, they are back - albeit in the QBL which kicks off this weekend @ TSS. Mick Conlon (ex Blaze assistant) is the coach and always manages to get the most out of his teams so hopefully we will see a successful campaign this season.

Reply #417804 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wright goes where the dodgy money has always been. it will be intersteing to see how the Sixers go in an almost broke club.

Reply #417836 | Report this post

Leon  
Years ago

I live on the Gold Coast and I used to watch all the blaze games, but there was no way in hell I could afford seats at the games, other than nosebleeds or if I hid in the ceiling. Disappointing to see Blaze stop. Any chance/word of any return of blaze? Or even Bullets? I need a basketball team I don't have to travel 5+ hours to watch.
Maybe Clive Palmer could use his cash defribulator on the blaze to bring them back to life!

Cheers, Leon.

Reply #419283 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:11 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754