philly
Years ago

Charlotte begins name change process back to Hornets

Looks like the bobcats may soon become the hornets again. I like the move, the hornets name is much better than bobcats and has so much more history behind it.

http://www.wbtv.com/story/22287114/bobcats-charlotte-hornets-name-change-nba-michael-jordan

Topic #31710 | Report this topic

Bear  
Years ago

So the Hornets moved and have become the Pelicans, now the Bobcats want to be the new Hornets...

Sounds like some people have lots of money to waste!

Maybe the Pelicans will change their name to Bobcats and we can complete this insane circle of nonsense??

Reply #419433 | Report this post

Proud  
Years ago

Won't don't the pelicans fuck off and fold and Seattle get their license and I can cheer on my beloved Supersonics once again

Reply #419438 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

I always found it weird that the Hornets name has a proud confederate history behind it ("that veritable hornets' nest...") yet the South was fighting with the fervour of "hornets" to keep black men as slaves.

Now the NBA is predominately comprised of young, black men...

Reply #419440 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"The Minneapolis Lakers moved to LA, where there are no lakes. The New Orleans Jazz moved to Utah, where they don't allow music."

Reply #419442 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

haha

Reply #419453 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

I can pull out my Alonzo Mourning jersey from when I was 8 years old again.. not sure if it still fits...

Reply #419465 | Report this post

kwest  
Years ago

Hear hear Proud..

Reply #419530 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:36 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754