Anonymous
Years ago

andrew bogut on tv

Andrew Bogut on the AFL footy show tonight.

Topic #31865 | Report this topic

Spinner  
Years ago

Interviews quite well - took the piss out of Billy, but that's not hard!!

Reply #421996 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

No mention of his academy and just a quick spurt about the NBL, but let's face it the Footy Show isn't what it used to be...

Reply #422000 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

That was interesting Bear - they gave him plenty of opportunity to pump up the NBL, but he didn't really go on with it. Shame really because we need people like him giving it as much air as possible.

Reply #422005 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The footy show was fixated on the NBA Andrew brought up about the NBL. i have seen more on basketball in the last 2 weeks through Andrew than i have in a year of NBL WNBL etc etc

Reply #422038 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

His acadamy is crap, run by a guy who cant coach and spends his days putting everyone and every club down and then moans about why people seem to hate him.
If Boguut knew exactly what this guy is doing to him name he would fire him on the spot.
And BTW, helping kids get into comunity colleges in Canada is nothing to be proud about.

Reply #422044 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^ couldn't agree more. Academy serves one purpose IMO and that is to keep Academy coaches employed, nothing more. Not doing Bogut's brand justice from what I have seen and heard. Reading their Facebook posts there are some fairly unprofessional comments made about associations which is short sighted.

Reply #422052 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

I wanted to see him , but who can watch it all .
A little bitta Patty Mills on NiTV of course .

Reply #422054 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Agree, Bogut is big news here and if he so chooses to promote the NBL it would be heard wide and far.

He is a confident young man with a good head on his shoulders, if his Academy is lacking integrity as some people perceive I am sure he will be onto it...

What I like is the fact that he is having a crack at helping out juniors, he is in the US, long way from here so management will need to be trustworthy!

Reply #422118 | Report this post

traread  
Years ago

#believethehype NBA Podcast caught up with Andrew Bogut this week too... More basketball based questions than what The Footy Show, 3AW & everyone else would have asked:

http://believethehypenba.com/2013/06/05/episode-92-chewing-the-fat-with-andrew-bogut/

Reply #422121 | Report this post

Luke  
Years ago

Hi guys,

The Academy is going pretty well so far.
Our kids are improving across all programs, Juniors, Mt. Erin Secondary College, and our Post Grad.

Our Post Grad has players signed at various levels, NCAA D1, with another, Marley Biyendolo, visiting Pepperdine next week, Junior College, D2/NAIA, CIS, which is Canadian Unversity League, and yes, a couple of our guys are aiming for Tech Schools in Canada, as they can get trade qualified (do their apprenticeships) instead of study for a degree. Out of our group of 14, 10 have committed to schools so far.
Another member is a NZ citizen and heading to the Breakers in September to trial with their Development Squad.

We are proud of the guys for the effort they are putting in to get to their respective levels. We train five mornings per week starting at 6:30am.

Two of our players from last year made the initial Emu's squad. One travelled to Germany for the Albert Schweitzer Tournament. The other was a DP at the Blaze previously.

This weekend we have two of our Junior players participating in the National Classic in the Under 14 age group.

Just this morning we had an individual workout with another Emu's squad member.

I'm never going to keep everybody happy with regards to my coaching. But my players improve, teams improve and perform, go on to play at higher levels, and stay in the game. Am also more than happy to say I have a great relationship with my players after they have played for/trained with me.

We have an open door policy with workouts, our first session is free. Am more than happy to have people down for a workout. Anyone that wants to put the time in to get better is welcome.

[email protected]

Reply #422122 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Thanks for the post Luke, you're right, can't make everyone happy, sounds like quite a few are doing well though...

Reply #422125 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Seven did a nice interview with Bogey at half time during bombers & blues game tonight but no mention of NBL this time

Reply #422185 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ask Casey Basketball how good a coach he is

Reply #422203 | Report this post

Matt pollard  
Years ago

Love a critical statement with no name to it. Why are people in this world so keen to be critical of others, yet either aren't putting their hand up to their comments and aren't attempting to do it better. Luke is providing an opportunity for junior athletes to chase their dreams yet there are people sitting back and criticizing that? Don't like it, start your own academy and do it better!

From an outsiders perspective I commend Luke for the job he's doing and continue to wish him and his athletes the best.

Reply #422434 | Report this post

Mark Holman  
Years ago

As a coach at Casey, Luke did a great job in his time within our Association. Many of our players still use the Bogut Academy to improve their game, under Lukes tutelage. He has a great rapport with many players still at Casey. His team was very successful last year, missing out on a Grand Final berth by a narrow OT loss, and had a great record for the year.
"Anonymous", I'm assuming you have additional information as to why Casey Basketball was not happy with the job Lukes done.

Reply #422440 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"And BTW, helping kids get into comunity colleges in Canada is nothing to be proud about."

LOL

Reply #422474 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Take the facility away and remove him from Boguts brand and he would be nothing. Just another coach trying to make a living out of a sport which cant really support it.

Reply #422541 | Report this post

Mark Holman  
Years ago

Nothing wrong with helping kids get over there. No matter where they go.
As for Luke, he did win the COTY award for his division after narrowly missing the GF and finishing with the best record. Bogut has chosen him over others to run his program and also uses him to train him when he's in Oz in the NBA off season. He must be doing something right.

Reply #422819 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Excuse me !!! Bogut doesnt use him to train him when he is here. He has a full time trainer in the US and uses L to rebound for him.
Bogut has little to do with this so called Post Grad program excpet to say his name is on the facility.

Reply #422889 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Not sure of your hidden agenda or purpose here anon, I know of a kid who did some training at this academy and he is kicking big goals as a college prospect, never was asked to pay big dollars for training at the time and recieved some valuable contacts.

My observations about the program are that any player who wants to put into it will get something out of it, maybe you have a personal gripe you should seek some assistance with... :)

Reply #422916 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:23 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754