Dandy
Years ago

Rangers have done it again!!

Looks like an exciting line up for season 13-14. Disappointing that captain courageous (Kath MacLeod) won't be there. But a strong international contention with strong domestic players as well. Plenty of opportunity for Clydesdale to prove herself... very excited for her!!

Dare i say it... watch out Bendigo & Townsville... Dandenong is back bigger and stronger then ever!!!

http://www.wnbl.com.au/index.php?id=379&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=4496&tx_ttnews[backPid]=153&cHash=7a1b73071b

Topic #32042 | Report this topic

ANON  
Years ago

mmm lets wait and see the coach was able to lose last year with the best squad.

Reply #425574 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"A champion team will always beat a team of champions"

We saw last season that just because you have the "best" quality players on paper it doesn't mean shit in the overall context if those players & coach don't gel and work together. Looks to be a solid list, but can egos be put aside (coach included) and all parties work towards a combined goal rather than individual brilliance - went deeper than any other team last season but the coach had his favs and didn't give those coming off the bench the opportunities they deserved.

Reply #425590 | Report this post

Mark WRONG  
Years ago

'Rangers have done it again' ??? Is that an end of year headline for Dandenong??? The coach peeing another season down his leg cos he cant coach but has an ego the size of the moon? This roster has Jenna,plus a player who is on the rise but deep down marches to the beat of her own drum, a player who is the biggest headcase the league has had in its history, a player who hasnt played in seasons, a young kid, another young kid who is known for being soft, a player cut from the WNBA under 6 foot and looks like she can shoot the 3, a 6foot 4 WNBA stiff and the same coach who has had the best financial resources in the league for years and has one granny appearance and 1 lucky title to show for it

all other factors, years they shouldve won and didn't, the clear fact from player turnover every year that nobody can stand playing for him, suggest this season will be the same. McLeod not playing??? ask kathleen why her knees are stuffed up and who is mostly at fault. GOOD ONE, Mark WRONG!!!!

Reply #425600 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow - Strong feelings. That has to be good for the WNBL. I certainly will be watching and I will get my Dandenong membership again hoping that you are wrong. Go Jayco Rangers!

Reply #425605 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Rangers have not done it again lol.. It will be the same outcome for them I imagine. There has to be a reason for the turnover of Australian players and if everyone can't see the reason then they are blind. There is only so much money can buy and it can buy players but not a championship team. It's sad that Dandy have lost Steph, Tegan, Sara and Carly and not a good sign for the future of the club. I agree with everything Mark Wrong has said above. They had the best team last season and lost. 2 seasons ago they had the best team also.. with Bishop, Foley, Gahan, Robinson and what happened then. The coach was not up to it and it ended in a disaster season and all those players ran as fast as they could when it was over!

Reply #425656 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It will be a big strong dandy team, different to their smaller running team of the past, cant wait for the new season to start, there are some really good teams this year probably the best team lists I have ever seen in the WNBL.

Reply #425733 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The turnover of players has a lot to do with exorbitant claims for pay rises.

Reply #425749 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^ not correct. The exit of players has everything to do with the coach!

Reply #425754 | Report this post

Tmk  
Years ago

The heart and soul of that team has been completely ripped apart. They have lost their entire depth, and they need a 20+ppg player alongside Jenna to compete for a Grand Final. I don't see it in the roster esp with Macleod out.

Reply #426165 | Report this post

ivar biggen  
Years ago

Bendigo again they have really improved their roster VERY DEEP!!!!

Reply #426174 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:34 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754