GR
Years ago

36ERS Cheersquad

I am one of the organisers for the cheersquad and also one of the organisers for the Supporters Group which helps out the club on a voluntary basis.

In responses to some of the posts, yes the cheersquad is smaller then previous years and there are many varied reasons for this, but to say we do not make noise and clap is not true, sometimes during the game when the crowd is quiet we are the only one's that are clapping and trying to get other people to join in.

In regards to being in a different spot, I have spoken to the club about this and was trying to get the cheersquad at both ends, but until we can get more people to join, then there is no point.

I would also like to point out that not all cheersquad members are part of the Supporters Group and may not be informed as to what we help the club with. The supporters group sell the NBL magazines for the club and also run the Sixers Club and Junior Jammers. As said by Auslot yes we did help give out the hats at the beginning of last season, but what must also be remembered is that we are just volunteers helping the club and want to watch the game as much as anybody. When someone does come up to us and make a comment to us we do pass this on to the club.

The club do help us out and are grateful for all the help that we give them.

If you want to support the club, then join the Sixers Club or join your children up as a Junior Jammer, you get to have some fun with the players.

We would like people who support the Sixers and love to cheer them on to be a part of the Cheersquad, so that we can make more noise and get the crowd involved, if you are interested in joining the cheersquad or you have any questions, then please email me at [email protected]

Please note we would like people who can make a season long commitment, as we also need to purchase season tickets.

Topic #3206 | Report this topic