PlaymakerMo
Years ago

D.Howard Chooses Houston

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9453005/dallas-mavericks-dwight-howard-sweepstakes-sources-say

Topic #32085 | Report this topic

celtic green  
Years ago

They will have a pretty damn good team next year. Does this mean they will move Lin?

Reply #426370 | Report this post

m  
Years ago

Most likely some lin and asik package deal

Reply #426379 | Report this post

m  
Years ago

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/9453534/source-dwight-howard-torn-los-angeles-lakers-houston-rockets

Reply #426380 | Report this post

Gordon Liddy  
Years ago

Now he's changed his mind and is back to 50-50 about resigning with the Lakers or signing with Houston. I've never seen anything like this clown.

Reply #426385 | Report this post

Jason  
Years ago

It's official now, Dwight to Houston

Reply #426386 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If the Dwight Howard who used to play for Orlando shows up next season that's great for Houston or LA

Reply #426387 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

the league should just tell him and his ego to piss off and he should mop the floors at the Magic games.

Reply #426388 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Probably a good thing in the long run for the Lakers dare I say it. Yes, he's a great player, but the dude is just a head case and seems to clash no matter where he goes. Yet for some reason or another, the clashes never appear to be his fault or wrong doing. Put Gasol at the 5, find a stretch 4 with the mini mid level and play D'Antoni's pick and roll offense now.

Reply #426389 | Report this post

Amazing  
Years ago

So that's what, 5 HOF centers Kobe has run out of LA?

Vlade Divac
Shaq
Marc Gasol
Andrew Bynum
Dwight Howard

?

Reply #426390 | Report this post

The Cheese  
Years ago

Asik + Lin > Howard

Reply #426391 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Amazing, Marc Gasol was traded for his brother Pau - right decision at the time, they won championships

Reply #426392 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's also official that Kobe will stay with 5 rings and Nash will have none.

Reply #426393 | Report this post

Gordon Liddy  
Years ago

@Amazing, the short answer is 'no.'

Reply #426395 | Report this post

The Cheese  
Years ago

Dwight hasn't got me sold so I don't get the hype behind him. I'd take a centre like Hibbert over Dwight any day. The type that have pure basketball skills and can hit three throw shots. That's the Cheese.

Reply #426396 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

If he does, in fact, choose Houston (I should've known better than to start the thread), I would doubt the package would involve Lin AND Asik. Their "poison pill" contracts are pretty off putting for any luxury tax team, and I can't imagine the Lakers even entertaining the idea of bringing those two on board (despite the fact they're good players).

If the Lakers don't want to lose Dwight for nothing, how they orchestrate a S&T deal will be very interesting. My guess is that it would have to be a 3-team deal, which I can't see happening before July 10.

@Amazing - Andrew Bynum a HoF center... U mad brah?

Reply #426397 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Jesus, did I actually read "Marc Gasol"?!

...Troll

Reply #426398 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Confirmed:

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/9453534/dwight-howard-says-sign-houston-rockets

Reply #426402 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Such a preening asshole. At least Lebron had the on court game to back up his free agency hoopla.

Reply #426405 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Asik is a better finisher than Dwight anyway.

Reply #426406 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

@ amazing 5 HOF centres wtf. Only Shaq is hof,

Reply #426407 | Report this post

Lance_Uppercut  
Years ago

Great call Mystro!

Reply #426410 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Houston DO NOT have the talent to contend for a championship

Reply #426411 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Captain Ahab (Morey) finally got his great Dwight Whale! Will he regret it? Hmmm, I say probably not.

A healthy Dwight should put Houston back in the playoff picture, but the roster needs more work for them to contend.

Reply #426439 | Report this post

Beekayz  
Years ago

As a Rockets fan I'm excited and think we'll see him back to his dominant best next year, but I don't think it makes us championship contenders.

We would probably be able to beat a Westbrook-less OKC to get into the 2nd round though!

Which, may have been part of the reason Howard is a good fit for Houston where fans will be, for the most part, ecstatic to make the Conference Finals next season as opposed to teams where there are always championship expectations.

I'm not saying that Howard is going to take advantage of that situation and goof off, but I think some players just aren't built to be able to handle the pressure of Lakers sized expectations.

Reply #426524 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lakers def won't take on asik and Lin. They want to be cashed up to make a run at lebron or melo.

They'll look to sign one year contracts to get through. Talks of odom, brand and vujacic.

They'll start Nash, Kobe, metta, hill and gasol.

Reply #426527 | Report this post

Beekayz  
Years ago

It will be interesting to see what happens with Asik as he doesn't sound very happy about coming off the bench and would be a starting C on most teams in the NBA.

While trading him for the likes of LMA or Love is a pipe dream,a trade with N.O. for Ryan Anderson is not only realistic, but could be almost as good.

As a stretch-four, Anderson is the closest thing to Rashard Lewis when he played with Dwight and that would compliment Harden's game too.

Reply #426535 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Anderson already spent 3 years in Orlando playing with Dwight as he was a throw in for the the Vince Carter trade in 2009 I believe so they should have some chemistry both on and off court already there

Reply #426541 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:23 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754