40-43 half time USA up

Topic #32144 | Report this topic

YouknowME  
Years ago

AUSTRALIA WINS!!!!! 93-84

Reply #427315 | Report this post

clarky  
Years ago

Apparently Cadee was huge in the 4th quarter of this game...

Reply #427316 | Report this post

Baller#3  
Years ago

Wow we won, why do they not show this on any form of anything anywhere... Anyone got the box?

Reply #427317 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

Shit me off that I couldnt see this. Is this the first time a senior Aussie team (of sorts) has beaten a USA one?

Reply #427318 | Report this post

!  
Years ago

what usa team is it ? normally some sort of "select" team ? not an actual uni / college team.

Reply #427319 | Report this post

clarky  
Years ago

Bairstow with 22 points, 9 rebounds, 5 assists
Broekhoff with 10 points, 12 rebounds, 2 assists
Cadee with 23 points, 2 rebounds, 2 assists (looks like 16 points in the 4th)

Reply #427320 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Meh, the US lost to Russia by about 25 in a warm up game

Reply #427321 | Report this post

Pug32  
Years ago

Go to the kazan world uni games web site for the results and links to TV coverage

Reply #427326 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

USA not their strongest team.

But they were still a hell of a team and its a special acheivement for the Australian team.

The U.S. still had guys like McDermott, Ferrell, Sheehey, Hancock, Haws.

If you knew college basketball, you would know that these guys can really play.

You only have to look at the fact that many of those guys from that USA team started for their college teams -- and they were BIG TIME -- Indiana, MSU, Louisville.

Not to mention they have Bielin and McKillop as coaches -- some of the best in the college game.

Reply #427327 | Report this post

Leo 16  
Years ago

USA basketball have a 114 - 10 record at world uni games according to their web site. Good summary of last nights game also.

Reply #427333 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just curious as to which university Cadee attends and what course is he doing?

Reply #427336 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Great win by the Aussies! Nothing like beating the USA.

For mine, Cam Bairstow continues to go from strength to strength. Every time he has been given an opportunity, whether it was with the Lobos or now with the WUG team, he has grasped it with both hands.

That USA team in my opinion was a stronger overall team than Canada. We now play the United Arab Emirates in our last group phase game - the team the USA beat by 100 odd. USA next play Canada.

Reply #427338 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Cadee is at TAFE South Australia

Reply #427341 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Amazing win, there is a lot of talent in that US team as MACDUB said, good players for powerful colleges.

What about Cadee, 16 points in the final term? Shown how tough it is to be a young PG in the NBL but youd have to think after this international season he will have a good year for Adelaide.

Got to love Bairstow too, if I was Shawn Dennis I would be on the phone to him everyday offering the Crocs' starting centre spot! I think we have another Matt Knight on our hands.

I think this result means the Aussies will likely finish 2nd in the group so (without looking at the standings!) should get a reasonable crossover.

Reply #427345 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Having looked at format now, it's actually two qualifiers from four groups straight into QFs, so will probably be a tough game no matter who we get.

Reply #427351 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Game report is on BA site http://www.basketball.net.au/index.php?id=302&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=2991&tx_ttnews[backPid]=1&cHash=f40ec80ced

Reply #427353 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

anyone know of anywhere you can watch that game online?

Reply #427356 | Report this post

Japorms  
Years ago

thats what happens if there's not much financial backing involved. the result is simply a purer game and purer results.

You put multi-millionaires players and the game became like a movie with villains and heroes.

Reply #427358 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Looking good for lemanis - Cadee starting to show some of the hype from a few years ago before the car crash

Reply #427367 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

Really, really happy with the result, and for the fellas. I don't care what kind of team we're playing, anytime we beat USA in basketball it's a momentous occasion!

Reply #427368 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

90% of Lobo fans were rooting for Australia. Bairstow is a fan favorite due to his workman-like effort. We are upset that our other post player, Alex Kirk did not play at all. What idiot coach lets your team get eaten up inside when you have a Seven-footer who has been guarding Bairstow in practice for years rot on the bench?

The US team was a very strong representative team, several will be drafted in 2014. Congrats on a well-deserved win!

Reply #427369 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

Good point about Kirk Anon!

We Aussies absolutely love Bairstow, for those reasons you mention above. Nothing like a big bloke that gets into the pain, and under the rim, and just outworks everyone. He just hussles and throws his weight around, it's just great to watch.

He's gonna have an awesome senior year for you blokes!

Reply #427373 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

Bairstow is a Boomer for the future thats for sure. He is going to work his way into spots over players who are "more talented" and hes going to earn every second.

Reply #427379 | Report this post

vodka41  
Years ago

where is channel ten when you need them

Reply #427386 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

I liked the typo, Vart - "gets into the pain". It actually made some sense, in a Freudian slip kind of way!

Reply #427409 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

Oops - sorry everyone, I meant 'paint'!

Thanks for the heads up PeterJohn.

Reply #427411 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

No Vart. Dont apologise.

Its actually a more descriptive term...it just sounds more nasty. Reminds me of the 1990s "no easy layups" policy.

Ben Allen: "Im going to get into the paint"

BJ Anthony: "LOL, im going to get into the pain".

Reply #427415 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

St Marys boys had a good showing too. Steidnl's shots were on point but just didn't drop. I was sure Young would struggle against an NBA caliber frontline for the U.S. but he more than held his own. His six points in the final minutes were as big as Cadee's. I reckon a lot of Americans in California and New Mexico are as thrilled as I am with this win.

Reply #427417 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

someone said you can see video of Aus vs USa on the Uni site.. not there?

Reply #427438 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

In a modest display, Australia's World Uni team beats the United Arab Emirates in a tooth and nail contest that went right down to the wire.... Australia only managing to eek out an 88 point win. 131-43

Reply #427442 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

top 2 of each pool of 5 makes it to the quarters. I think if USA beats Canada by more then 10 they overlap us and we miss out somehow?

Reply #427444 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Australia is 1-1 in tie and +/- of 0.
Canada is 1-0 and +9.
USA is 0-1 and -9.

Therefore the only way we could potentially miss out would be whatever comes next (overall percentage?) if USA win by 9! We cant come first though, either Canada or US will be ahead of us after tonight's game.

Reply #427449 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^ that's a big IF for the USA to win. They're currently down to Canada at the half

Canada 46
USA 36

Reply #427452 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Actually, the other way we could miss out would be for USA to win by 9 in a higher scoring game than ours against them and Canada. Hopefully the Canucks just keep doing their thing in the second half.

Reply #427454 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

Canadians up by 12 i7 mins left of the final quarter. I dont wanna ruin it but I think we are heading to the quarters. 'Blame Canada'

Reply #427456 | Report this post

Rick  
Years ago

Lights have gone out at the stadium with 10 secs to play. Canada up. Too late for this game but the video feed is being streamed through First Row Sports. Heads up for next game.

Reply #427460 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

Damn. I wish i knew bout the link. Looks like Australia is through to the quarterfinals...

Reply #427462 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

I dont even know what groups there are, who would we cross over against?

Reply #427464 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You do realise there is an official site to stream the universiade right?

http://www.livefisu.tv

Reply #427465 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Canada officially won and advance in first place with Australia 2nd

Reply #427467 | Report this post

Rick  
Years ago

Thanks Anonymous for the link.

http://www.livefisu.tv

I can see it was mentioned in a previous post that there were links on the games site but it didn't register at the time. I notice that highlights of previous games are there also. We need some sort of link thread that advises of all upcoming games ,that involve Australians, and that are streamed on legitimate sites. If the times and dates are beside them it would make things so much easier. (Calendar Format)

Examples: St Marys vs BYU where Delly hit the buzzer beater was live on the BYU site
A number of Broekhoff's Valparaiso games were streamed on the Horizon League video site and every year there is more on offer. These are known sometimes weeks ahead.

Some of you already know this but many don't and the links can take a lot of time to locate.

Reply #427468 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Looks like we play our good friend Lithuania, yet again

here is the next round brackets

A1
#61 (14 Jul 21:00)
B2

Canada
#63 (14 Jul 18:00)
D2

B1
#62 (14 Jul 18:30)
A2

D1
#64 (14 Jul 20:30)
Australia

current group D
Lithuania 5 5
Finland 5 3
Brazil 4 3
Norway 4 2
China 4 0
Chile

Reply #427469 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

We have Lithuania in the crossover.

Reply #427470 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

It should turn out that Lith/Aus play the winner of Serb/Russia in the semis by the looks of things. I don't mind Australia's medal chances here at all...

Reply #427471 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

All the US games have been streamed because they have been broadcast in the US. I havent been able to find earlier Aussie games on live streams but maybe I was just blind!

Medal rounds are scheduled on Eurosport.

Reply #427472 | Report this post

SoCalLobo  
Years ago

The state of New Mexico is rooting for Cam and the Aussies. The state of California doesn't even know St. Mary's has a basketball team. That's just how it is.

If the US had Lemanis they might still be playing.

Reply #427490 | Report this post

youknowme  
Years ago

9th place usa must b spewing

Reply #427492 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

@ rick: great idea but won't really work on this forum because it doesn't realy work like a normal forum that is generally phpbb-based (threads don't get bumped with new comments, no sticky threads, etc.)

***nudge-nudge / kick-under-the-table to hoops.com.au moderators***

Reply #427507 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We beat lithuania 60-55
Great win! On track for that gold

Reply #427722 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

will they be still showing the game on that link delayed or something? Btw our semis are against Serbia...

Reply #427723 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

why does the stream have rugby instead of the game? what the hell is going on with this shit??

Reply #427724 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

highly aggitated. streamhunter said the game would be on now, and had it scheduled.. but obviously they dont know what the hell they are on about and now i am seeing russian rugby and like I give 2 shits about that!

Reply #427725 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Mick, threads get bumped if you browse by latest action mode instead of the default. You can bookmark that as your default home page if you want.

Reply #427727 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:31 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754