Anon12
Years ago

Delly Watch: Cavs vs Pelicans

NBA Summer League. Game just finished.
Pelicans 66 - Cavaliers 62.
Dellavedova = 22:35 - 6pts (3/6) - 3RB - 3 AST - 1STL - 1TO.

Topic #32170 | Report this topic

Benno  
Years ago

played well today, dion waiters frustrates me so much!!

Reply #427945 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

And +13 in this match, again, nearly the best on his team, and far superior to any of the starters, including their 'star' Waiters who was -14!

Reply #427948 | Report this post

sircreate  
Years ago

Rivers destroyed Dion today

Delly's best effort by far,.. he'll get better the longer he play's with these guys

Reply #427950 | Report this post

Lance_Uppercut  
Years ago

Waiters is a real ball hog with a license to shoot anything. That guys is certainly not short of confidence. he's got a good quick first step and is an agressive offensive player but thats about it. shot selection terrible, ability to finish-poor and he's certainly not a playmaker.

I saw that too Vart, Delly has been in the + column every game unlike most of his teammates.

how many more games will the Cavs play this summerleague?

would like to see Goulding get a chance to see what he can do rather than 1 minute of action a game.

Reply #427951 | Report this post

daneo  
Years ago

I loved the fact the Goulding jacked up a 3 at first opportunity.

Reply #427953 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

The cavs should have drafted Oladipo and traded walters for a SF.

Reply #427954 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

+13 vs Pelicans (in a four point LOSS)
+6 vs Lakers
+11 vs Grizzlies

Reply #427956 | Report this post

Lance_Uppercut  
Years ago

Yeah agree Jake, Waiters is 13/44 from the field just this summer league. His agent is Rob Pelinka, Kobe's agent.

Reply #427958 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I imagine that a player like Waiters is only playing to get some shots up?

Reply #427959 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Not sure how he finished the season, but at one point at least, Waiters had the worst true shooting percentage in the entire NBA.

Reply #427963 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You know how to improve a bad shooting %?

Shoot a lot of shots!

The more shots you've missed, the more extra shots you need to throw up! Shoot! Shoot! Shoot!

Reply #428007 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Haha that logic is flawless.

Reply #428043 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dion I'm gonna make you shoot, shoot til you can't shoot no more. And if you cry, I'm gonna make you shoot it, shoot it some more ...

Reply #428044 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Love it how people here a making so much out of.... summer league performances!

Reply #428050 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Hahaha^^

Reply #428057 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

This is not 'Delly Watch' per se, perhaps this thread should be changed to 'Aussie Watch';

Aron Baynes had 19 point and 15 rebounds in Spurs win over Atlanta today.

Reply #428065 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Love it how people here a making so much out of.... summer league performances!
That's all we have to go by and the only opportunity he's had so far to prove himself at this level. These aren't street parades and keys to the city, but some interested posts on a forum in a time of year when the NBA and NBL are on break.

Reply #428066 | Report this post

Aussie  
Years ago

i found this article written about delly saying how well he runs the team and how he has a real chance of making the team.

http://www.buckeyestatesports.com/nba-summer-league-cleveland-cavaliers-pg-matthew-dellavedova-making-case-to-stay/

Reply #428260 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

"Many people felt that because of his size he would get pushed around by more physical point guards at the NBA level."

I can't believe this is even an issue? Have they even seen how much size he has put on since his freshman season. His arms, shoulders and chest now more resemble an AFL footballer than a basketballer. The last thing I would be worried about is Delly getting pushed around. He can hold his own. Quickness? Perhaps. Getting pushed around? Not even an issue at all.

Reply #428266 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

Agree with Vart, I wouldnt mind having guns like that

Reply #428267 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

On top of his well-built physique, the fact that he is 6'4" to begin with (absolutely great size for a PG) makes any assertations that he would get pushed around even dumber.

Reply #428269 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

Oh, delly will get pushed around... it just wont move him an inch

Reply #428271 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

can another team pick him up? Say if cavs pass on him going into training camp can another team pick him up? surely they would be able to so would open his options up a little more hopefully

Reply #428288 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Delly has a contract for SL with the Cavs, but I am not sure if it extends to pre-season camp as well...

Reply #428334 | Report this post

daneo  
Years ago

I think Delly has done enough now for a training camp invite. His was a pre garuentee and due to the fact that it looks like he has outplayed quinn for the 3rd guard spot.

Reply #428364 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

In answer to the Delly question, he has signed a partially guaranteed contract, so the Cavs will have to waive him prior to their training camp in October before anyone else can sign him. The next step after summer league was always going to be a September training camp, effectively a 'try-out' for guys trying to get a roster spot on their main October training camp. The way Delly has played so far, he should make it at least to the try-out camp.

In other Aussie Summer League news, Baynes got a B+ grade from Justin Verrier of TrueHoops for his game against the Hawks;

'Baynes held his ground against Dwight Howard in Game 4 of the Spurs' first-round series with the Lakers, so the rail-thin Lucas Nogueira presented little difficulty. The sturdy, Aussie-bred big man set hard picks and muscled his way to pretty much whatever he wanted on the blocks. His movements are a bit stiff, but he should prove useful against NBA teams with supersized frontcourts.'

Reply #428367 | Report this post

cliffclavin  
Years ago

Lads - i have limited Bball knowledge - but would Delly be better playing euroleague rather than sitting on the pine for an NBA team for a couple of seasons - if the long term goal is becoming a regular NBA player?

And if so - would he get good minutes for a Euroleague level team?

Reply #432325 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:36 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754