toes schmidt
Years ago

Getting a taipans tattoo

Big cairns fan and im looking to get a large tattoo of the taipans either on my neck or upper arm.

Any ideas what I should get?

Club logo? Team name? Other? I just want to be certain once i get the tattoo as I have it for life haha.

If I get neck I will go with club logo, upper arm maybe something more fancy, perhaps grabau tribute also?

Topic #32180 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Club logo

Reply #428115 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Club Logo & 'Darnell Mee' underneath.

Reply #428119 | Report this post

TheMan  
Years ago

A chastity belt?

Since you won't be getting much anymore after you get it.

Reply #428120 | Report this post

toes  
Years ago

Whats a chastity belt?

I love the team and want to rep them! I think side of neck is best place to get it.

Im thinking a large size club logo and add another one when we win a championship one day.

My parents dont want me to get it but my mates think its a wise move...

Reply #428125 | Report this post

toes  
Years ago

@thechamp33. If i get darnell mee, i should get other club legends also, not just 1 player.

Maybe just get surnames like mee, jawai, wilson, grabau, brebner, loughton. forget the past players right now...

Reply #428128 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

I thought school holidays were over? Seriously toes, take a decade to think it over. By then you should know who your mates really are, because right now they sound as immature and misguided as you do...

Reply #428129 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Getting such a tattoo, especially a big, highly conspicuous one on your neck is a fantastic move. Seriously. Call it an investment because we are bringing it home this time baby! Make sure you do it before round one, before preseason preferably. To legitimise it all.

Reply #428130 | Report this post

BALLER#3  
Years ago

Do a list on your back of every player to play, add each new player every year.

Reply #428131 | Report this post

Rock  
Years ago

If you don't know what a chastity belt is, you are too young or too naive to consider the bigger implications of a tattoo....

Reply #428132 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tattooes on the neck are always awesome and increase job oppourtunities! Gotta love school holidays

Reply #428133 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

I wouldn't get it on my neck if I were you......

Reply #428135 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think a large snake running down the inside of your thigh would be the way to go!!

Reply #428136 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Lol tattoos

Reply #428139 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

big mistake. once you get one you cant change it. on your neck? kiss away any job opportunities you ever want in the future and dont complain if you get wierd looks

Reply #428141 | Report this post

Rashad  
Years ago

chassidy belt hahahaha

Reply #428144 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

Get the logo on your neck and shave your eye brows and get Cairns on one side and Taipans on the other - that would be gangsta brova

Reply #428157 | Report this post

veteran  
Years ago

dat be gangstahs

Reply #428166 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'd suggest at the same time a matching colour capital "L" on your forehead would complement it nicely

Reply #428200 | Report this post

toes  
Years ago

why all the negativity? I am 20yo and old enough to do what i want. Tattoos make no difference to job opportunities amd could even help given my passion for a community organisation.

I got quoted $840 for a club logo tattoo around 20cm square. is that a good price?

Reply #428201 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Get steindls name and number across your entire back. Like a jersey. When he retires he will be the best Taipan of them all - assuming he doesn't bolt for the NBA after a season or two.

Reply #428202 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ahh Thomas - How would the Snakes colours go with your Navy whites?

Reply #428204 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Your boyfriend in jail will love it...

Reply #428208 | Report this post

Andy  
Years ago

Don't do it, when they fold in a few years you will regret it.

Reply #428218 | Report this post

bg04  
Years ago

Don't worry about it toe. You're dealing with a bunch of grandpa's on this forum bro. Although getting it on your neck isn't the best idea you won't ruin all future job opportunities, it's 2013 not 1973. I would suggest taking the logo into an artist and getting them to throw some ideas around.

Reply #428219 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

toes - make up your own mind but think it through. The job opportunities point is valid in some areas of work. If you hold hopes of going into professional services where you have to present to clients, ink is better in non visible places. A (young) colleague here at work had to get a skin-coloured elastic sleeve to cover his ink. He's an IT person with no client-facing role but has to manage assets on our client floor. A neck tattoo that couldn't have been concealed would have lost him the job opportunity.

If you're mates are saying go for it, I would assume they already have large, visible tattoos and so know what they're talking about. If not, then think twice about whether their opinions should carry weight in your decision.

I don't have and wouldn't get a tattoo, so I won't give you my opinion on your choice. In a job interview, I would certainly wonder about the judgement of someone with a large tattoo like you're describing and it could be a differentiator if I had two otherwise equal candidates to choose between. In saying this, wearing an earring didn't prevent me getting a well paid job in a professional firm, 20 years ago (but I also wasn't starting on my career path, by a long shot).

Just make sure the Taipans are never going to change their name! After all, a bunch of clubs have previously: Sydney (Supersonics/Kings), Hawks (Wollongong/Illawarra), Townsville (Suns/Crocs), Gold Coast (Rollers/Blaze), etc.

Reply #428227 | Report this post

daneo  
Years ago

Is Ingles13 Toes?

Reply #428228 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

No, toes is Thomas Schmidt.

Reply #428238 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

Just make sure you get your grafetti on your voice box so you have full exposure rather than the left or right side and remember to send us a link once it is done so we can all see how pimp it looks.

Reply #428246 | Report this post

ShaneD  
Years ago

Troll; however:

Yes I am always hiring staff with Neck tattoo's. Its a good easily recognisable sign of their overall good judgement and sense of responsibility.

Do it I say - you'll never regret it.

Reply #428249 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

So what is the story behind this Schmidt bloke? There seems to be a lot of animosity between he and the users on this forum; what has he done in the past?

Reply #428253 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isnt Thomas Schmidt a complete douche bag that threatened to sue over this site....

Get a tatt of an actual used douche bag on ur forehead.

Reply #428255 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

along with a note from strangers on an internet forum you may also require a note from your Mummy to get a tough sticker.

Reply #428257 | Report this post

Do it  
Years ago

Definitely do it. To commemorate the year you got it you could always add a small logo of each team they beat this year underneathe the main tattoo (if you can afford it, might start getting expensive)? Maybe even have the Taipan tattoo with an open mouth and he could be eating the logo's of the teams they beat?

To keep the cost down though I'd suggest looking for a less reputable tattoo artist as they charge a lot less. Even better (and cheaper) would be to get someone who is an aspiring tatooist as they might do it for free?

Make sure you post pics when you get it done. Good luck.

Reply #428258 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

Why not get a bit rebus-y and get two tatts, next to each other: one of a tie, the other of a pan.

Reply #428273 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Don't forgot to add your postcode to the tattoo...

Any good tattoo these days must have your postcode.

Gotta represent!!!

Reply #428275 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

Also, don't forget the "souvern cross" and "Such Is Life" tattoos, they are a must-have if you wanna be original and core. Maybe a Ned Kelly face too.

Reply #428287 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Ah, the wisdome of youth...

Reply #428294 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Southern Cross flag neck tatts are all the rage out Lizbeff way.

Reply #428300 | Report this post

Acie Earl  
Years ago

Neck tatts are awesome brah !

Reply #428337 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

You should get Rob Rose, Grant Kruger, Larry Abney, Dwayne Vale, Ben Knight, Brad Davidson, and Jeff Dowdell's faces tattoo'd around the circumference of your neck like a collar.

Reply #428396 | Report this post

chris  
Years ago

Hey Toes
Why don't you get a picture of Aaron Fearne on your backside?
Lol...seriously Toes WTF are you thinking.

Reply #428568 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thomas would have a totto on his arse already. Saying NAVY.

Reply #428581 | Report this post

ShaneD  
Years ago

I can't decide if this thread is a troll fail or a troll win! :-|

Reply #428584 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Advice...neck yourself dude your a douche

Reply #428598 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:09 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754