sandra
Years ago

Where is Graeme Dann??

Returning to the NBL? State league? Retired?

I always rated him as a player despite his critics. What type of salary would he command? Does he have other employment atm?

Topic #32224 | Report this topic

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

he is taking bets....!

Reply #429093 | Report this post

crusty  
Years ago

Does anyone give a Dann?

Reply #429095 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Blame the rating system? Clubs have an incentive to keep dropping their weaker players for new weaker players that are 1 point.

Reply #429105 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Hey Thomas, you forgot to ask if he was playing in Europe.

Reply #429107 | Report this post

shayno  
Years ago

He was playing seabl for hobart but then decided to become a bookie.

Hobart is sponsored by tatts so he couldnt play due to conflict of interest so he retired.

he 100/1 to make a come back

Reply #429110 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

Lol. I doubt any European club would pick him up. Maybe he is playing in The Ugandan B league

Reply #429111 | Report this post

Whitey  
Years ago

He left the hobart chargers to take a job in the book maker profession. The chargers have a sponsorship with the tassie gov's "know your odds".

So he couldn't be employed by a bookie and play for a team with that type of sponsor.

I thought he would of gone back to the kings.

Reply #429112 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

He was never going back to the Kings. Was told that as soon as the season ended. From what I know no NBL team even contacted him.

Reply #429119 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He decided that his basketball career was over which is why he took on a real job.

Reply #429122 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nat yet again you are wrong. You can't keep posting truths that you think are true because some schmuck said it was true. State a fact that you can support not rumour or innuendo.

Reply #429127 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

"some schmuck" - Direct from the team is "some schmuck"? Interesting.

Reply #429129 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

If you are going to call someone out for being ambiguous with a source, it's pretty rich to do it from an anonymous poster name...

Reply #429130 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Nat your on the money!!! Lucky to get a gig in Tassie.

Reply #429132 | Report this post

Curtley  
Years ago

I never saw him do two good things in a row on a basketball court

Reply #429142 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Curtley, he is actually a pretty good handler. In his days at PG, I saw him go through the legs TWICE IN A ROW. So there. Consecutive good things.

Reply #429144 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

not sure why this topic has so many hit ups. He was a pretty crap player, had a bit of length and size and what would look like the physical attributes to make it but had no real 'game'... never really reached where he was expected to. At his best was an ok role player at his worst was a liability... I think Ben Allen is his protege or something. Either way It leaves my heart gladdened when players like this leave the league... they bring it down... No hate on him, sure hes a nice guy and everything... but it would have been hard to support a league that continues to allow someone like him to get a job, at any one point there must have been plenty of guys in SEABL or wherever ready for his minutes. Best case scenario... go to the NZNBL. Either way, good luck with the future...

Reply #429146 | Report this post

chris  
Years ago

Dann played in the NZNBL and was cut after a few games a few years back.

Reply #429155 | Report this post

D4444  
Years ago

Nat was on the money. Dann & a few others were told by the Kings right after the end of last season that their services would not be required for 2013/14. He continued to live in Sydney while playing SEABL for Hobart on a FIFO basis & knowing his NBL career was likely at an end, he took on a job with a bookie. The rest has been documented above.

Reply #429158 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Is he a bookie now or something? Thats what I heard, could be wrong...

Reply #429160 | Report this post

D4444  
Years ago

He works for a bookie... not sure exactly in what capacity. I think his father worked for them too.

Reply #429162 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dann's father was in the trade and G Dann now works for bet365.

Reply #429165 | Report this post

den33  
Years ago

would you rather keep him on your team instead of Ben Allen though?

Or wouldn't generate enough hair product sales in Sydney?

Reply #429166 | Report this post

D4444  
Years ago

I agree I'd have Dann in my team ahead of Allen for sure & a few others as well.

Reply #429167 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:33 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754