rabs44
Years ago

Kristina Keneally should get off twitter

Kristina Keneally's tweet:

@PeterFitzy @Tuxy81 Ever stop to think the coaching staff may have other priorities than pleasing the media? Perhaps, focus on training?

I wonder if she ever stops to think that basketball in Australia needs all the media they can get... Lemanis might coach them to victory but who's going to write and report about it? Media sources... Not her that's for sure, she'd be to busy down at the Rugby tweeting about how wonderful they're playing

Topic #32234 | Report this topic

ANon  
Years ago

Very Very unprofessional! Go back to politics!

Reply #429395 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Leave her alone. She's cute :)

Reply #429399 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

She has done NOTHING for basketball in this country.

Get rid of her

Reply #429400 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I have found that she speaks very well, what she has achieved however, I have no idea unfortunately

Reply #429406 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A bit unfair to say she has achieved nothing, she has successfully facilitated the demise of the AIS basketball program. Anyone have any ideas on where that money is going?

Reply #429408 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Sadly, some of the comments/RTs who were a little incredulous at her response came from sports writers in various locations - Canberra, Illawarra, etc. Basketball does not always have a good reputation with general media.

Reply #429409 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just ask what she did for the state of NSW and there's your answer.

Reply #429410 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just ask her about her great job of getting the Oceania series telecast on TV

Reply #429412 | Report this post

nun7  
Years ago

"Interesting. Fairfax journos complaining Boomers camp closed to media. Didn't complain re closed Opals camp 2 wks ago. Didn't they notice?"

She digs the hole deeper... why would you even tweet that...

Reply #429413 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

She looks alright on a good day.

Lol. I think thats about all she has done.

And yeah.... the series should be on TV. Simple as that. And does anyone know for sure if its on NBL.TV?

I suggest emailing them and telling them the game has to be SOMEWHERE for the fans

[email protected]

Reply #429416 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

And as I say that, I got a response from BA by email.. apparently broadcasting is all being negotiated they should have news for it soon. So looks like it will be on somewhere...

Reply #429418 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lucky you. I got no reply.

I bet it will only be on NBL.tv

Reply #429421 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Basketball has a TERRIBLE reputation with mainstream media, which is something that really needs to be addressed if this sport has any chance of growing.

I think the full gamut of basketball administrators in this country from team CEOs all the way up the shit tree in the NBL and BA as well need some media training urgently. The amount of NBL articles you read that end with something along the lines with "CEO X refused to comment on this matter" is staggering. Play ball with the media and they will play ball with you, and are more likely to write a fluff piece when you need one.

And it's so dumb questioning why the Boomers draw more interest from media than the Opals. So dumb. It has nothing to do with sexism, it has to do with the fact that male basketball is more popular. It's always going to be that way. Quit playing the sexism card KK, you just make yourself look dumber and dumber each time you do it.

Reply #429423 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why would anyone pay for nbltv again. I won't be renewing thats for sure.

Reply #429429 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just wait for the announcement re the AIS program.... soon to go the way of the Tasmanian Tiger

Reply #429433 | Report this post

lul  
Years ago

She's actually embarrassing. Highlighting the fact that the opals didn't get coverage just makes it worse, as peoples first argument was the fact that media doesn't have access to the training camp... (Is she f*cking 12)

But wait she got all NBL games on nbl.tv.... It was a great production… everyone tuned in (tried to tune in) oh my KK has taken our sport to another level… all hail KK…

Reply #429449 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

She is a flop in this role but then she was much the same in her last so is anybody really surprised. At least she does have a genuine interest in basketball but as an administrator she is useless & as an ambassador she is an embarrassment.

She better watch herself & hold onto this job since a lot of her Labor buddies will soon be needing new gigs.

Reply #429451 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

KK should quit...she managed to send NSW to the wall...can't wait till she finishes up at BA!

Reply #429457 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And to think that when she first became CEO of BA, people actually thought she was going to do a good job....LOL!

Reply #429459 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

You're spot on nun7, that latest one is beyond belief.

"Interesting. Fairfax journos complaining Boomers camp closed to media. Didn't complain re closed Opals camp 2 wks ago. Didn't they notice?"

By that stage she's already pissed off a bunch of people and is the centre of attention, instead of using this to try and promote the sport she goes on the attack and basically says to the media "Oh, so you want to cover the Boomers training and give my sport free publicity? - Well, not only am I going to make this extremely difficult for you, I'm also going to have a crack at you for being sexist by not wanting to cover the Opals camp."

This inability to grasp a pretty easy concept (ie free publicly is good for the sport) is really really disturbing, she's got to go after this, surely?

Reply #429461 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

BasketCASE Australia. KK was a direct failing at installation, the issue is underlying.
Q. Why does basketball in Australia keep putting the wrong people in the wrong jobs?

The average basketball enthusiast can see the problem why can't the bigwigs?

A. No valid way of being able to performance manage growth, seems the Associations are able to go un accountable, other sports seem to be able to axe and grind as required but here the people that need to go somehow hold the power to stop accountability and head rolling from occurring?

Reply #429462 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who is BA accountable to? There is your answer.

Reply #429463 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Whe should all email Basketball Australia telling them, enough is enough and we want her gone. She is further damaging this sport we love

Reply #429467 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

Ah Kristina Keneally.. being a Twit on Twitter.

Ignoring and being insulted by a golden opportunity too blinded by her own feminism to see what is good for the sport as a whole.

HOW DARE you try to promote my ailing sport? I preside over this rotton corpse! dont you DARE try resuscitate it!

Reply #429473 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

In all honesty, what has KK accomplished in her tenure to date that she can hang her hat on? I really can't think of anything.

And this idiocy with the media can now be sheeted to her directly, as well as a number of issues currently facing the NBL.

Reply #429475 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

THis is going to sound sexist, it probably is.. I don't care.. but the sheer cattiness shown with complete disregard for its effect on the business she runs is a trademark of female managers. I have seen it at many workplaces I have been to (Ie, when they give there friends more hours despite how crap at the job they are and sack people who were better workers but not the managers pet)... Hmmm some jobs and positions in life are better suited to men then women, perhaps this is one?

Reply #429476 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

YouknowME opening a can of worms... y u do dis?

Reply #429488 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

Hahaha. Oh I know. I know. I over generalised. BUT, It was CATTY was it not?

Reply #429490 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

She is hot as F, but sucks at everything basketball!! I want the boys from ATF running the nbl

Reply #429494 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

I think she also gave the NBA a root-around, I think they wanted to do a once off thing here and she wanted it to be continual so they backed off.... She needs to learn there is a difference between being a Shrewd businesswoman and a complete moron.

Reply #429497 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

this thread is useless without her nudes/end thread

Reply #429498 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

Politics didnt work, Basketball isnt working.... I don't think its too late to make a mark on 'the oldest profession in the world'

Reply #429501 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

The sport keeps changing bits here and bits there.

They need to sack the lot of them. This includes anyone that has ever worked in a basketball office in this country should not be allowed in BA for the next 2 years.

Too many jobs for the boys, keep doing the same old way because the last people were useless but all kept their job mentality needs to go.

Actually lets make things work. Sack the lot. Get Jan Stirling to run BA for 3 years and employ her own team on 6 monthly contracts. That way if they don't perform you know she will discipline them.

Reply #429503 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

Have to agree. the problem is deeper then Kristina... it is all the old useless unimaginative out of touch fossils behind the WHOLE THING that need to be held accountable.. I think the reason why it doesnt happen is because 'its the devil you know'.. and it seems a risk to change it.

Reply #429505 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My opinion of her has now gone down even further.

She is now again raving on about "We are one of the highest ranked teams in the world. Our senior team has done this, our junior team has done that".

You are missing the point entirely KK.

The fact is the majority of the Australian population DON'T GIVE A FUCK.

That's why we need the media to help push this along.

Reply #429510 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

Yeah, she talks with such pride.. it is all mental masturbation and does nothing to help the state of the game on a grass roots level. Want people to care about Basketball Kristina? Or do you want to spend the rest of your tenure congratulating yourself for achievements that arent even directly related to you?

Want people to care about the Boomers? well they have to KNOW about them... and how might they KNOW ABOUT THEM?... come on kristina... You can get this one, think hard for a moment!

Reply #429512 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/basketball/basketball-chief-kristina-keneally-backs-media-lockout-for-boomers-training/story-fni2u9cl-1226685168898

just a bit more on it.

She forgets that, journalists dont have to be interested... and they shouldnt have to chase... If the media wants to turn its back on Basketball, it can... and it has in the past... they are showing some interest.. I am sure something could be arranged. Even if its immediately after the camp!

Reply #429514 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^ Exactly. We need all the help we can get and she turns the media away. She is living in a fantasy world

Reply #429518 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

Maybe we should call her KKK cause she is killing basketball in australia #toofar #hadtogothere

Reply #429521 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Maybe KK should apply to be the new CEO at Knox?

Reply #429524 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

wow dont BA learn anything from the AFL or other sports/leagues, one large reason why the AFL and the big clubs like Collingwood are so well known and publicised they let the media into everything, they even have commentators in the rooms straight before the game warming up, give interviews straight before the game, during quater time breaks, etc, NBA does the same, shutting the media out of anything is a BAD move, they should give them a free pass to everything, let them interview players anytime aslong as its not during a training or game, but qtr time breaks are fine, there should be no such thing as a closed training session, pro sports needs the media more than the media needs them, its not just sport its entertainment, these coaches and administrators need to learn that fast!

How can you hope to get a good tv deal when all they will be able to access is the things you let them ie the games, let them watch/film training, hype up the team, show highlights to get fans excited, do a speacial on guys like Ingles, Exum, etc all with great stories but would be hardly known in Australia!

Reply #429532 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

It really is mind boggling, plus the rudeness of her response was appalling

Reply #429550 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Roy Ward right on the money with this.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/basketball/basketball-lacking-clear-vision-at-the-top-20130725-2qmfk.html

Reply #429554 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

Yeah he was. Basketball Australia have slept on so many opportunities to promote the sport. The only thing that happens is Kristinas self congratulating.

It needs a shake up, I really think its the last straw. I cant be told she couldnt have been more polite or couldnt have arrange for them to meet players/cvoaches afterwards. She is a fool and we need to be led by someone with half a brain.

Reply #429556 | Report this post

hoopie  
Years ago

YouKnowME x2

Tyson Chandler and Luol Deng were in the country and nothing made the news media - FFS!!!!

Get off your backsides, BA. I don't care whether their trips were private or organised by someone other than you or what - someone must have known about it.
YOU NEED TO GET BASKETBALL EVERY GOOD BIT OF PUBLICITY YOU CAN !!!

Reply #429574 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

this will make you laugh Isaac, but give it a few more years and i'd put my hand up for the job.

Reply #429811 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Her attitude seems to be Boomers (Opals) level basketball is fine and grass roots participation is going well too but it's the NBL that needs publicity. The owners wanted to pull away from BA and do their own thing so let them promote the game if they want too. She probably has a point too.

Are we pissed at BA simply because the new NBL is doing nothing of its own with regards to promoting itself? It's been weeks and weeks now and all we here us 'launch will be soon'

Sure BA should probably be helping a bit more but the clubs wanted out from under BA's control so really have to stand up on their own and not rely on KK to do it for them

Lack of direct promotion won't hurt the Boomers- but it will hurt the NBL

Reply #429814 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

It's got nothing to do with the NBL. it's the way she dismissed the suggestion of having media attending the camps with "the coaches have got better things to do."

Reply #429818 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

If that was her attitude she failed, because promotion of the NBL was poor under her watch, hence why the owners decided to split.

Reply #429823 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree she failed in promoting the NBL and also that her attitude is crap in the way if was handled - it just seems she has the shits on because the clubs pulled the NBL from her control and now she us being pig headed about it and saying to the new NBL "you didn't want my (BA's) help so go look after it all yourself"

As I said before - Boomers will be fine without publicity - it's the NBL that needs it right now - and KK seems to be thumbing her nose at the new owners out of spite

Well that's the way I'm reading it anyway

Reply #429830 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

That's not what she's saying. It's purely about the Boomers. Boti covered it and that's all you need to read on this, certainly not the trash on here about her appearance.

Reply #429839 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Makes you wonder who leaked the emails to The Age last month, which lead to the article stating the new season was in jeopardy.

Reply #429840 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:45 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754