Isaac
Years ago

First 36ers pre-season training

A few additions to the squad for pre-season. From Boti's article:

Anthony Petrie, Luke Schenscher, Daniel Johnson, Jason Cadee, Mitch Creek and Brendan Teys were put through their paces by the club's new strength and conditioning coach Ben Brugman.

Also training with Wright's group were 2012 SBL grand final MVP Adam Doyle (Forestville), Pat Thomas (West Adelaide), Joel Spear (West Adelaide), Stefan Wright (Sturt) and Declan Soukup (Bryant College).

Spear, Wright and Soukup, a 191cm guard from Melbourne training with the Sixers, all next month will return to the US colleges they are attending.

Spear is the son of 1986 36ers' Invincibles NBL team member David, who also was captain of the 1987 SEABL-championship winning Adelaide Buffalos.

Wright is the son of multiple-championship-winning junior and senior coach John.
Soukup had been a Blaze development player previously.

Topic #32274 | Report this topic

Grovermi$ter  
Years ago

did anyone go to the session?

what was the vibe like?

i went to a few of the open sessions last year...

curious on comparisons to when marty and the red headed clow were at the helm what it was like...

Reply #430073 | Report this post

Observer  
Years ago

Will go to open session when imports arrive in Adelaide .

Reply #430075 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Well I'm guessing the drills where they show you how to dribble around the perimeter until the shot clock gets down to single figures and then launch a contested long two are no longer being implemented, for one...

Reply #430076 | Report this post

Ballin Fan  
Years ago

Interesting that they have recruited Ben down from Brisbane.

Reply #430077 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Promising start to the season when it gets of the ground. I

Reply #430078 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Joey's pretty good out there, although he's done it before. While some of the drills even involved Schenscher
Many times I've often said ; "Well, this is better than last year." But there's good people out there
the atmosphere is pretty good out there.
No wonder there's AFL interest in Creek

'Cooking with gas' on Ten News, who went to training, also this a.m.

Reply #430080 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Joey : "We gonna have some fun out here for a coupla weeks."

Reply #430081 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Nice to see Adam Doyle (Forestville), Pat Thomas (West Adelaide), Joel Spear (West Adelaide), and Stefan Wright (Sturt) out there having a run. Well done boys.

Any room for Chris Clausen (Centrals) or Sam Daly (Sturt) ?

Clausen: 17.6 ppg @ 42.5% FG, 1.3 apg, 9.0 rpg
Daly: 16.7 ppg @ 42.3% FG, 5.4 apg, 4.6 rpg

Reply #430087 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This should be the breakout season for Mitch Creek! Seeing him flying down the wings in an up tempo style will be fun to watch!

Reply #430095 | Report this post

bowtie  
Years ago

What happened to Creek's Aussie Rules interests?

Reply #430100 | Report this post

Hanging Round  
Years ago

I heard that Creek will play AFL for Collingwood and fly back to Adelaide 3 times to sit on the bench sucking an orange to qualify for the ABL finals.

Reply #430109 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

I thought Mitch put those rumours to bed about a week ago!
Went over to Melbourne to catch up with a mate who plays for Collingwood and they showed him through the training facilities and that was it.
No more to the story than that.
Geez he was out watching the WWE wrestling last night, will the news be today that he's going to become Mitch "Wolf" Creek the Wrestler???

Reply #430113 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

@JackToft

Daly did train with them last year maybe declined because of college?

Reply #430114 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

OK

Reply #430140 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What college did he sign with, Daly?

Reply #430337 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Phoenix-ish I think?

Reply #430340 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Pretty good to see Ervin in a 36ers uniform, this morning. Frye does everything ; passes steals rebounds, did not miss any shots, of course.
(Schenscher is injured)
"Don't stop!" Joey yelled out at Gibson.
"you might be a bit stressed today" He called out to the players "But it's gonna be this pace everyday"
"Organised Chaos" Kevin Brooks called out to them
Fast pace suits me better than that previous style
and better for the players.......freedom!

Reply #433801 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

So, I'm glad Joey yelled at Gibson for standing and dribbling for 7 or 8 seconds.
Frye some good D and very brainy passes, even though he can shoot it from the car park.

Reply #433807 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Thanks for the tidbits Camel. Would you say Frye is more athletic than Creek?

Reply #433853 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Here Creek be the more , let me think for a minute, Beantown, 'agressive'. I was hoping Creek didn't pull the backboard down.
Fryre, a smooth operator. MAYBE Creek just a little more athletic of the two, just a little bit.

Reply #433859 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

When Frye drives and dunks he reminds ya of Creek.
Creek looks like he could play 100 minutes of footy or basketball.
BJ is there but the D is pretty tough out there.
Exum not here yet.

Reply #433905 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Seems like good news regarding Frye thus far. If Ervin is allowed to push the ball (which I expect he will be) I'm liking the image of Creek and Frye on the end of his passes and attacking a retreating defence!

Reply #433950 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:58 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754