Jack Toft
Years ago

R18 ABL Action - last minor round

Norwood-Eagles
Women: MASSIVE danger game for the Lady Flames. Like a game of snooker they have cleaned up around the table. They are now lining up for a shot on the black ball in the side pocket and a clean sweep of the table. Eagles could tumble to fourth if the Flames sink it. The Flames are on their home table and know how it rolls. They line up for the shot, commence their backlift and aim for the white ball...……… the black ball is heading for the side pocket, but will the white ball follow on?……Lady Flames deserve their clean sweep and I hope they Gatorade their coach in a few weeks.
Men: Game over for Norwood, Eagles have locked in 3rd place so have the luxury of playing it safe as they head into finals. These dead rubbers can cause upsets and The Eagles bench should get a lot of court time tonight, with their stars getting a rest unless Norwood look like getting up.

Mavs-North
Women: Mavs look fragile without Tess and might have trouble beating the combined benches of South and Centrals without her, but she is back this week. North are still fighting for second spot and should do enough to control the game and bag the win, even with the League's MVP playing against them.
Men: E n o r m o u s danger game for Pero’s boys. Mavs will finish bottom, but any team who beats Sturt at home can’t be written off. North need to win to ensure 5th spot. If they lose and Sturt pip West, they will tumble down the hill. Don’t expect a rest Peach, another 40 min game for you against Team Breheny. North will fall over the line by a fingertip. Expect a pressure cooker inside, freezing carpark outside.

West-Sturt
Women: Sturt on the rampage! A win here will see them secure 2nd spot and twist the knife into the Bearcats. Hide the steak knives as the Sabres lock in a home final.
Men: MOTR. Sturt will sneak into the five if North lose and they win. They are more desperate than a sub-mariner in port after a six month stint at sea. West have got top spot locked away and while West have won without DJ, he continues to drop big scores on oppositions. He will be grabbed, pushed, prodded and poked in places he didn’t know he had. Better get eye tests for the refs, one bad call and Port Adelaide could erupt. West in OT.

Woodville-Tigers
Women: Woodville have been the big improvers recently and could justify 6th position with a win. Tigers are not without class and so while a great game of ball should be had. On the home court, the Xenas to pip the Tigeresses.
Men: Al has locked in 2nd spot, so why would you risk your big names on a dead rubber when you can safely go in full strength, injury free and beat Eagles next week. Tigers are out for the season and will understand completely if some of the stars get "caught in traffic", or have a 24 hr virus. After all, I think Ricey has his kit in the boot, so an unexpected callup for players on the night is possible . . . Ah, can only dream. Woodville.

Lions-Panthers
Women: Bottom line, who-ever loses this game gets the wooden spoon. This will be a hard fought game and one which will be entertaining. Lions won last time and no reason why they should finish off the season with a home win.
Men: Scotty Whitmore is more excited than a 13 yo girl at a One Direction concert. Centrals are in finals for the first time for a long, long time, and a home final to boot, even with a loss tonight. To put into perspective how excited those Lions fans are, last time they got a flag Matt Atkins was crawling in nappies, now he's on court with a walking frame. South with nothing but pride to play for and so I am expecting a fair game of basketball and it doesn’t really matter who wins.

Topic #32292 | Report this topic

NotJack  
Years ago

Thanks Jack.... quality write up as always! I don't know how you find the time!

Reply #430450 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mavs women will also have Alex Wilson playing,she is back from U19 worlds and AIS.

Reply #430454 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

NotJack, as you know it's hard! But, last night I thought I could go to the The Earl of Leicester quiz night, or look at the form.

Reply #430457 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Has Wilson qualified??

Reply #430461 | Report this post

Rules  
Years ago

Yes she qualifies with all the Aussie games she has played.

Reply #430464 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How many games do you have to actually play to qualify?

Reply #430467 | Report this post

Wam Soosnam  
Years ago

None, if you play for a higher level each of those games count, she actually played 3 I think.

She would easily have missed 5 more through worlds and china and France tours.
Relax, at least we are going to have some decent basketball to watch.

Reply #430470 | Report this post

By Laws  
Years ago

Need to play 4 games before you can be considered to qualify..Has she played 4 games..

Reply #430471 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I just had a look at her games. It looks like she has played 3 and if she plays on the weekend that makes 4. Looks a little suspect though, as 1 game she only played 1 minute.

Reply #430473 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^^Suspect or not, it does'nt matter^^^

She'll qualify by playing this weekend against Nth Adelaide & Mavs Women will have a very good 1 & 2 punch with Madgen & Wilson.

Reply #430481 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Still reckon the Flame girls will take the honours.

Reply #430486 | Report this post

Annon  
Years ago

The Eagles men to use their bench has as much chance of making a two way highway down south ( first time round that is)

Normal five to get the bulk of minutes

Reply #430489 | Report this post

I'm sure it was Wilson I saw "doing a Borrego" in the grocery section.

Too cold, but should be a cracker of a game!

Reply #430497 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Have just read this on the CABL web site in the Beyond Regulation IV article. Is this true, I was guessing that Gibson and Petrie would have qualified for finals?

"Under the by-law that states players must be active for at least 40 per cent of their CABL club's games, Forestville’s Adam Gibson and North Adelaide’s Anthony Petrie will not be eligible for the postseason"

Reply #430574 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ha ha ha well what a waste of time that is for those two clubs

Reply #430583 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

I don't think Gibbo was ever going to play finals, unless he cloned himself and counted each game twice. Hang on, Adam Gibson WAS cloned in "The 6th Day", so "get to da choppa!"

Reply #430586 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Both will play finals

Reply #430588 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe it's not true. Just noticed that they have taken down the Beyond Regulation article from the website

Reply #430591 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

May as well take down the interview with Jess Foley too, seeing it went on the site, after, she was on the radio.!!

Reply #430598 | Report this post

Rock  
Years ago

Good write-up Jack. Thanks, from Europe.

Reply #430662 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

By the way, who's the guy who does the write up on central abl site?

Has no clue

Reply #430665 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Better than boti

He tipped Souths women to finish 6th

Reply #430668 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Did it just for you Rock!

Reply #430669 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I wonder why it was taken down to be re-written, any get a good read? be interesting to see what the comparison article produces...... Conspiracy.....

Reply #430690 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Can those in the know please post results from tonight

Reply #430725 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

MENS
rockets 95 Mavs 89
flames 66 eagles 96
west 87 sturt 63
Woodville 85 tiger 82 in over time
centrals 94 south 72

Reply #430733 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

No surprises & the top 5 all take a win in to the play offs

Reply #430736 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Woodville v forrestville will be an interesting final. Could go either way. Should be a great battle. Will forrestville have Gibson? Did he qualify? Because I don't think he played enough games, even with the higher level games etc or are the 36ers away?

Reply #430741 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

way I read it then is

Men
west to have week off

Woodville to host Forestville - double chance.
Centrals to host North - elimination final

Women

Norwood to have week off
North (better percentage ?) to host Sturt
Forestville to host Eastern - elimination final

Reply #430762 | Report this post

Wam Soosnam  
Years ago

Sturt have the split on Noth in the women. % is not used.

Sturt to host North

Reply #430763 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well done south girls to have a wi n last night despite injuries

Reply #430779 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who was injured at south ?

Reply #430783 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They have had a number of injuries all season haven't they? Was actually a good game to watch.

Reply #430816 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well coached in the end by South. I'm sure both teams were glad for the season to be over.

Reply #430818 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Was Tess injured last night? Noticed not her usual minutes

Reply #430819 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So u saying the 6ers assistant coach was outcoached by the south coach??? Looks like this is this going to be another "development" year for the 6ers just like the 3 we've just suffered!

Reply #430821 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No thats not what I'm necessarily saying. But It looked like some decisions were made off court that made a difference to the outcome.

Reply #430822 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tess did her ankle just before half time. I would think a race against time to be ready for the first final. If unavailable it will be a walk in the park for F/ville

Reply #430850 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Unfortunate for her,pretty sure she has an Opals camp starting Wednesday.

Reply #430853 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sorry but I fail to see how a coach that has only won 4 games over the past 2 ABL season and only after the college kids came back could out coach anyone. Especially KB.

I find it funny the south coach needs to come on here and beef up her 2nd win for the season while Norwood has had the perfect season. Yet you dont see them getting on here posting how good they did in ONE game.

But its ok though she always has next season. That's if any of the girls stay.

Reply #430868 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

south people

enough said

Reply #430869 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Haters gonna hate

Should be hoops.com's slogan.

Reply #430870 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How good are us Flamettes? Why don't the rest of you just forfeit now so we can bring forward Mad Monday!!

Reply #430873 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You people clearly have no idea. The college girls didn't play more than 2 games. One because of injury and the other because of college. They have had one play in the second part of season and that's Tayla. And I think most coaches would have better things to do then hop on this site and read this rubbish. The same old stuff from pathetic posters. Good luck to all teams in the bottom 5 for next season. If things continue the way they are the same results will continue.

Reply #430883 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lightning flames to take it out again. I wonder why?? The league needs to change some rules for there to be a more competitive comp.

Reply #430885 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who's going to win the men's?? The women's is a no brainer!

Reply #430886 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What rules would you like to change 430885?

Reply #430887 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Go Central's men!!

Reply #430889 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I see Central's causing a few surprises. They easily take care of North and then they come up against the real competition. Wouldn't surprise me to see them go deep into the finals

Reply #430890 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jess M to woodville next season......

Reply #431083 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

For 5 minutes

Reply #431092 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:54 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754