CABL prelim refs

Men's game is Wieland & Durant
Ladies is Dyson & Devlin

Great appointments & well deserved
All the best for prelim final

Topic #32444 | Report this topic

anon  
Years ago

Mate, Benn McDonald must have really pissed of the "Powers that be". However he is a better referee than court announcer. Last Saturday night was pretty bad.

Why would you not want an NBL referee on finals??

Filmer doing SEABL????

Reply #433297 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes Filmer is on SEABL

Reply #433298 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Nikki Ireland on standby?

Reply #433310 | Report this post

?  
Years ago

sandby for who?

Reply #433311 | Report this post

C.I  
Years ago

regardless of what we might think of the individual surely this is the most ridiculous thing thing umpire bosses have done.

Previously they excluded Phil Haines & Andy Filmer from doing ABA finals for about four years because they had done over 50 NBL games, now they are excluding using Benn Mc because he is a youth league girls coach for woodville

why not just have him on the non woodville mens games or have him on girls games since woodville are not finals anyway

All refs in the ABA top panel have had association with clubs either now or before so I don't see the big deal.

Also I think that the number of good & improving umpires on ABA in SA has gone backwards by a long way in the last three years, outside the top six it's quite poor
I think that when BASA had Nathan Wieland working for them he had good refs coming through like Daniel White & Dan Troy and those and others have now dropped off with current management

What would the KPI be for the two full time staff which BASA employ to improve umpires at all levels?

Just my opinion

Thoughts?

Reply #433312 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

KPI is how many weeks we can get supporters suspended for

Reply #433315 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Standby just in case one of the four gets sick

Reply #433320 | Report this post

?  
Years ago

gee they must totally rate this chick

Reply #433322 | Report this post

Nike  
Years ago

John Clover is on standby / reserve for both games.

Reply #433326 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

KPI's at BSA? he is joking right? they can't even produce an update for their outdated Key documents. I sense that people with initiative are hung out to dry and discarded to avoid the threat of change of command.

http://www.basketballsa.com.au/index.php?id=93

Reply #433340 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:17 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754