HO
Years ago

Anyone know which seat Sitiveni was standing in?

Have put a spoiler on this one hoping someone will know - with the counting underway really keen to follow Sitiveni's progress tonight.

Anyone know which seat Sitiveni is contesting? If he gets up AND the LNP win (which is looking likely) then the sport is saved. Can't wait.

Topic #32575 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

This is the funniest post on Hoops...ever!

Reply #435152 | Report this post

fstos  
Years ago

I always assumed he was Clive Palmer.

Reply #435153 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Probably as a member of the Sex Party. Wanker.

Reply #435154 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

Looking at the results this morning I think we are doomed, at least for another three years. Very few Queensland seats changed hands.

Reply #435166 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sitiveni is David Lin i think. He lost slightly in a logan seat.

Reply #435171 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes David Lin makes sense, I have heard that name around sport in Qld, didn't he start the Sushi train franchises. Does anyone know if he was a journo as well. Oh well looks like he will be annoying us here with his right wing agenda

Reply #435196 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It defies belief that someone who is running for Parliament would carry on in such a childish, immature manner on a forum.

Is it really David Lin? That's incredible.

Reply #435199 | Report this post

The Sitiation  
Years ago

Pretty ordinary to reveal details of a forum user, no matter how much of a dickhead you think he is.

Reply #435200 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Serves the guy right though. Seats are for sitting in, not standing.

Reply #435203 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Situation - no one has revealed anything. It's not as if Isaac is on here confirming that it is Lin.

It's all guess work. I could guess that you are Michael Jordan but that doesn't make it true.

Reply #435206 | Report this post

The Sitiation  
Years ago

You're right, we should all be allowed to guess who each other is so Isaac can say whether we're right or not. That will make posting under a pseudonym work so much better. Right, anonymous?

Reply #435208 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"the Sitiation" (yes I noticed your typo, even if you didn't)

What sort of response is that? What are you, twelve years old?

Who said Isaac should be confirming anything? If he was then your argument might be valid, but at the moment you're just carrying on arguing with nobody.

Bedtime for you champ, school tomorrow.

Reply #435209 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Read the last paragraph of the Forum Guidelines.

Then learn what sarcasm is.

And thanks for pointing out the typo.

Reply #435210 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sarcasm is obviously not your strong point, and you're welcome.

Reply #435211 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I don't know who Sitiveni is, but whoever it is has given a number of clues and suggested it was a solvable problem for anyone who cared enough to investigate. I don't take that to mean they're precious about concealing their identity.

Reply #435212 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Children children, cant we all just get along.

Reply #435216 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

David Lin, soon to be 'David L1n' on hoops?

Reply #435218 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

At least he is a businessman/professional/politician. The problem with the NBL is too many of the supporter base are useless, i.e. wage earners eeking out a living unable to pump money into the game.

Basically way too many leeches who want an awesome league magically paid for and moan online constantly that the product needs to get better yet will abuse someone who wants to contribute to getting Brisbane back up and running.

You lot make the backers sick.

Reply #435311 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As a businessman/professional/politician he is someone who on here presents a pompous arrogant self opiniated lunatic.

Reply #435313 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

Anon 311 is David Lin

Reply #435322 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Which makes it all the more humorous that he refers to himself as "professional".

Please David, stop before you embarrass yourself any further.

Reply #435328 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"The Liberal National Party candidate for the Labor-held Queensland seat of Rankin mishandled more than $15,000 in client's money while he was a suburban solicitor in Brisbane.

Lawyer and businessman David Lin was found guilty of professional misconduct by Queensland's Legal Services Commission in 2007 after an investigation found he had failed to deposit three client's trust money into designated trust accounts in 2005 and 2006."

Reply #435331 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

I think sitiveni is actually winning when a thread like this gets created.

Does anyone have any proof that he is anything remotely close to who he says he is? My guess is he's actually just a random bloke with nothing better to do than big note himself on the internet.

Reply #435332 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Statsheet Stuffer, I disagree, as most probably would.

If he is who people say he is, then he makes himself look like an A grade dickhead by posting here.

If he is not, then he makes himself look like an A grade dickhead for pretending he is.

Either way, he doesn't win.

Reply #435336 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

I really don't care anon, but the game is sitiveni trying to grab as much attnetion as he can. And he's simply getting attention with a thread like this.

Reply #435339 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

Statsheet Stuffer, i started this post, not to out the bloke, but because I never believed for a minute he was running for a seat at the Federal election - like you I reckon he is just a random like the rest of us.

I just have a long memory and a sense of timing....

Reply #435343 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Didn't he claim to be running for Clive Palmer's party?

Reply #435344 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I suspect he has had a legitimate interest in sponsoring basketball at some level before getting involved in some forum chest-beating and then devolving to trash-talking that didn't reflect him well at all (window to personality stuff).

I always assumed that it took little more than interest to run for Palmer's party.

Reply #435349 | Report this post

sitiveni  
Years ago

Oh wow, you all made a forum about me. oh I feel so underwhelmed. I guess you all know I didn't win my seat in Qld, we still won government so that's the main thing, back to making some money which is what im good at. Looks like some people did some digging and research. that's old news about the trust accounts.

Reply #435982 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There's no way sitiveni is really David Lin. the post above is so unprofessional and badly written that it's impossible to believe it was written by a legitimate and successful businessman.

Well done though sitiveni, you had lots of us actually believing you were a wannabe politician.

Reply #436043 | Report this post

sitiveni  
Years ago

Hey Anonymous, seriously I have asked people not to joke about my name Sitiveni which was my late father's name. you can say whatever you want about me but don't go there with the name.

Or you can tell me who you are and where you are and ill fly down and see you in person to express my displeasure in my way and trust me you don't want my way.

Reply #436314 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:18 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754