Isaac
Years ago

Pre-Season: Kings vs Crocs, Sep 16

SYDNEY KINGS 74 (Carmouche 27pts, 4rebs, 4asts; Hill 20pts, 10rebs, 2asts; Ogilvy 9pts, 10 rebs) def
TOWNSVILLE CROCODILES 72 (Pace 20pts, 5rebs, 5asts; Conklin 12pts, 2rebs; Djeric 11pts)
Sydney were without regular back-court stars Ben Madgen and James Harvey, while also missing Shaun Gleeson and Cody Ellis, while Townsville was down Olympic guard Peter Crawford.
Full article

Topic #32640 | Report this topic

Spinner  
Years ago

Is that the "Pace" Sixers were looking at a few years ago? I thought it was strange that nobody had picked him up sooner, particularly given the number of failed imports

Reply #436445 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Yeah, that's Josh Pace from the NZ NBL who a few of us on here had spoken of over the last few years.

Reply #436446 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I was one fan who wanted to see Pace given a go in the NBL, and would have been happy to see him as a 36ers at some point.

So am glad he has started the pre-season with a good game and hope he keeps it up during the season.

I predict he will be a solid import, not a mvp candidate, but have a few big games, be fun to watch and put up decent numbers around 13 pts, 3 assists, 3 rebounds, im predicting around Corin Henry level, not the same style of player, but a decent, cheap import.

Good luck to Josh, i hope he actually exceeds my prediction and have a great season, i look forward to seeing him play!

Reply #436447 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Hard to read anything into a preseason game especially when I didnt see it, but I love the positive home cooked journalism: "as a point if difference from last season, the crocs were only narrowly out rebounded..."

Out rebounded by the softest frontourt in recent nbl memory. Going to be a long season for crocs fans of the backcourt doing everything they can and being let down by the guys down low IMO. Still it's their first preseason game so who knows...

Reply #436450 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Was this the Blitz game or is that tonight?

Reply #436460 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Read the article and answered my own question! Blitz game is tonight. Nice to see the Crocs win the offensive rebound count, not often that has happened in recent times.

Reply #436462 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bad signs for Conklin with only 2 rebounds

I still think the crocs should have made a play for Hudson in the front court

See how he goes tonight

Reply #436464 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Yeah I like Hudson too, would have been a good fit and I dont think he has signed elsewhere. Still, like you say, give Conklin some time, he had a good record at a decent school.

Reply #436465 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

very impressive numbers from hill (20 and 10) given he played in a seabl championship game the day before!

Reply #436467 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

I know it's only pre-season (and the Crocs first game), but it's great to finally be on the other side of the winning result all the same...

Great effort from the guys to pull back from a very ordinary first half where nothing was working offensively and they just looked(sounded) lost...

Out rebounded by the softest frontourt in recent nbl memory.

I wish the stats hadn't disappeared as I could have sworn that the Crocs outrebounded the Kings by a large margin in the first half 30'ish to 20'ish? A lot of the O boards would have come in the first half when the Kings weren't getting in decent transition and the Crocs were running them hard and making the most of bad transition D and getting some tips from misses...

Carmouche had a great game throughout and great to see Hill step it up in the 2nd after a quiet first half... He's been awesome for us all pre-season so the commentators observation that when he's quiet, so are the Kings, was spot on... Fingers crossed that he can continue this form in the regular season...

Still some troubling signs from the Kings with Sanders still not getting comfortable, commentators mentioning that Carmouche was replacing him at the 1 at some point in the half, and constantly being sat down for Weeks... I missed listening to the 2nd half, so not sure if he picked up his game, but still, really need a solid player running the show, and we're as light on with ball handlers as we are with bigs...

Fingers crossed for more of the 2nd half tonight with the Blitz points counting...

Reply #436485 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Is there anywhere to watch the blitz game tonight online?

Reply #436500 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

The game report from last night says tonight's game is on Sydney Kings radio and there is often a video stream to go with the commentary. Links can be found here (page is out of date but links should work):

http://www.sydneykings.com/kings-radio

Reply #436504 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Boxscore from last night here: http://www.fibalivestats.com/matches/16825/04/22/76/39XgODuIUviGQ/

Clip of winning shot here: https://www.facebook.com/SydneyKings/posts/684438841568719

Reply #436505 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

What do people think of that foul call? Moving his feet, hands up, Hill initiates the contact, Blanchfield a little unlucky?

Reply #436506 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Forget that live stats link, it's got nothing in the boxscore!!

Reply #436507 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Thanks paul

Reply #436509 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

not a foul - had his body in front and hands up. Obviously didn't effect the shooter much as he made the shot...

I hope this isnt part of the new refereeing style. Defenders can't just disappear

Reply #436513 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Yeah it will be a shame to see contact like that being a part of the new nbl style's illegalities. Want to see contact on the perimeter reduced, not necessarily contact at the cup

Reply #436518 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:04 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754