Anonymous
Years ago

NBL Blitz : Crocs V Kings, live stream?

Anyone know if there is a live stream of tonights Crocs V Kings game?

Topic #32647 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Live stats will be here

Think there will be a radio feed of some sort and possibly a live video stream too. I'd keep an eye on the Kings, Crocs and NBL Twitter accounts for links later on.

Reply #436590 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks Isaac

Reply #436593 | Report this post

SEABL Watcher  
Years ago

Radio call is available here:
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/sydneykings

Reply #436604 | Report this post

John  
Years ago

ALL IS RIGHT!

Reply #436631 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

If you have a heap of alcohol you need to get rid of, play the Matt McQuade drinking game. Drinking a shot glass every time he says 'so' and skol and full glass whenever he says 'got it'!

Reply #436635 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I can tell you've been playing for a while paul. Well maybe not such a long time but quite a few drinks in.

Reply #436636 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is Kyle Armour injured for kings or has he been let go? Noticed not been featuring at all in recent preseason games. Also noticed Illiadas on scoresheet for kings

Reply #436637 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

& Weeks plays every game but wasn't signed.

I certainly can't figure out the logic.

Reply #436638 | Report this post

Ganymede 86  
Years ago

Ben Allen 2 pts 3 To and 5 fouls in 9:57!

Reply #436643 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Get used to it Sydney fans. Also bear in mind he plays much better in preseason.

Good to see conklin have a stronger game. Im a bit worried about the development of Norton and Blanchfield though. Both had very mediocre offseasons in the Qbl so heres hoping they dont plateau this season.

Reply #436644 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

They were both pretty good for the Emerging Boomers though, so I wouldnt worry too much.

Reply #436645 | Report this post

D4444  
Years ago

If the Kings can get both imports to have a good game on the same night they could do OK. I wonder why Ogilvy only had 12 minutes tonight. He certainly piled on the points in limited time.

Reply #436646 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good to see Pace and Conklin put up solid numbers, i think thats around what they will average this season, Crocs will need more out of Blanchfield and a good season out of Markovic (who didnt play tonight) if they are going to be competitive by the looks of it, but still should be fun to watch with their young team and decent imports.

Great numbers by Sanders for the Kings, as said they will need him and Carmouche to have good games at the same time if they want to contend, Ogilvy rested in 2nd half? put up good scoring numbers for limited court time, needs to get more boards though.

The exciting news announced on the kings radio is they are going to be covering and video streaming all blitz games on the weekend, but unfortunately tomorrows 36ers v wildcats game is only covered by live stats.

Reply #436648 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Yeah thats great news. Nice to see Kevin White knock down some shots tonight, I think he had 11 in the third quarter. If he can do that he becomes a very solid NBL role player with his D.

Reply #436649 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Ganymede, beat me to it. No rebounds!

Lots of fouls called. A few players fouled out and others in foul trouble.

Reply #436653 | Report this post

Ganymede 86  
Years ago

Haha had to Isaac!

Reply #436654 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Only the crocs second preseason game so things should improve .. They might need a bit more help in the front court though - shame they couldn't keep Nevill

Reply #436657 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What's the link for the livestreaming of the blitz games? Any more info?

Reply #436677 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

It's being done by the Kings Radio team, keep your eye on the NBL and Kings websites for links on Friday. No streaming of tonight's game apparently though.

Thinking about last night's radio call, drinking games aside, because they know the game well I think the Kings Radio guys they paint a better picture than your typical radio coverage with a generic sports caller.

Often with those you get a vague idea of what is happening, whereas with McQuade he tells you who made a good cut, who set the screen, who gave the help defence etc. Good commentators definitely make a big difference to the experience.

Reply #436678 | Report this post

Matt McQuade  
Years ago

Thanks Paul - nice to know I've joined John Casey in the drinking games stakes! Really must work on not saying 'so' so much.

Anyway, we'll be broadcasting every Blitz game from Friday to Sunday on the Kings' UStream channel http://www.ustream.tv/channel/sydneykings.

It will be a full video stream including a scoreboard plus audio. (LiveStats will also be available online). Fans can download the free UStream application for iPad, iPhone and Android devices (search for channel sydneykings) and it's also available for users via Samsung and LG Smart TVs.

As Paul mentioned, we'll be promoting the broadcast through the NBL and Kings' websites and social media channels. We go on-air Friday at 5:45pm prior to the 36ers-Crocs game at 6:00pm.

Reply #436685 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

"Really must work on not saying 'so' so much."

Twice in that sentence ;-)

Reply #436693 | Report this post

Matt McQuade  
Years ago

Boom boom - very good ;-)

Reply #436694 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Boti's game write-up - will be of interest to Crocs and Kings fans keen to know how their incoming players might go. Delivers one-line early impressions of guys like Pace, Conklin, Carmouche, Sanders, etc.

Reply #436698 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Ha ha even Boti was amazed at Ben Allen's game.

Ben Allen was only good for two points, zero rebounds, three turnovers and five fouls in 9:57 of bewilderment.

Reply #436702 | Report this post

SEABL Watcher  
Years ago

Oh dear...

Back to Penrith though where the prospect of it being an interesting night was heightened greatly by the large banner at the stadium proclaiming: "Colonial Hotel - Proud Sponsers of Penrith Basketball Association". Clearly, the Colonial doesn't sponsor the annual spelling bee.

Reply #436704 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

@Matt - Great to see the Kings taking the lead on the video streaming, I've loved the efforts so far and agree with Paul that it makes a big difference having someone who actually knows basketball calling the plays to get a better picture of what's going on...

Was great to see White his his shots as defensively he's been really good at the tail end of last season and this pre-season... If he can make them consistently, he's going to be a very valuable back up for us...

I think in Boti's article AJ had some muscle tightness and that's why he sat out the rest of the game, hopefully just a precautionary measure...

Reply #436739 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

DB5, Boti has long been bearish on Ben Allen!

Reply #436745 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

He must have had him in his fantasy team like me then ;)

Reply #436747 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I must admit im so happy the Crocs out bid the 36ers for Allen a few years back, the past few years have been hard enough without having him. Imagine if we got him and paid him a decent starting level salary!

Having said that i do hope he does at some point manage to put it together and be atleast a solid role player, just needs to work harder on rebounding and defense imo. Make or break year for him i think.

Reply #436748 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

He's the darko milicic of the NBL...

Reply #436840 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:06 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754