wyatt earp
Years ago

when is summer draw out?

Any idea? Or team nominations?

Topic #32758 | Report this topic

anon  
Years ago

I'm thinking tuesday before the first games on thursday and friday - plenty of time to organise family meals and transport.

Reply #438355 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Haven't even got grading out yet. Two days late already.

Reply #438358 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You can't be serious wanting to play dinner time and transport NOW for several weeks into the future.

I don't even know what I am having for lunch today and that is 25 minutes away.

Reply #438359 | Report this post

Years ago

"play dinner time" ???

el derp

Reply #438360 | Report this post

Years ago

i would suggest food is a good start

Reply #438361 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

One car, four children, two parents full time work, interstate travel, grandparents to feed, pets to lock up and feed, other players to pick up on way to Starplex, Morphett Vale or Mt Barker during friday peak hour. I'll leave it to you and your 'play dinner'. Tool

Reply #438363 | Report this post

Years ago

trololo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z4m4lnjxkY

Reply #438364 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

plan not play

Reply #438430 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pull your heads out your rear ends and have a look on BSA website you will see Monday and Tuesday draws up already!!

Reply #438431 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

Those waiting for thursday, friday and saturday don't hold your breathe. The long weekend gets in the way.

Reply #438435 | Report this post

Annon  
Years ago

Some want to know if they play Fri night or Sat too !!!!!!

Reply #438439 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Whinge whinge whinge, still 3 Fridays before your first game

Pinheads

Reply #438447 | Report this post

Years ago

not a whinge just a Q

Reply #438452 | Report this post

Annon  
Years ago

Mmmmm. Why is it unreasonable for parents with multiple children, family to support like elderly shopping, drs etc, kids to get to school, support homework look after their family home, shop, wash, cook, clean, mow the lawns, take kids to other sports in Term 4 (when they find out what day they have free). Oh fill up and clean the car,,,, etc, etc ...... Arrange to swap a shift at work, find someone else to help with kids. pay all your bills etc..... And maybe just have a little time for themselves...... To say stay fit themselves, look after themselves emotionally and take a breath so they can get up everyday to do it all again with no complaints but just wanting to know some details so they can just get on witb things.... If BSA can't see it is plain old repectful to look at their customers needs (lpity their is no alternate competitior running another state comp) maybe this time of year they need more staff working parallel on getting fixtures out....... And please remember we adults were all kids once and our parents probably thought they deserved the same respect too........ Their is for most more to life than just BB. Don't assume we are whingers or that the people on the ground doing the work at BSA would not like those in the ivory towers giving them more support. We all as employees want support from our own bosses and yes I have worked both sides of a fence so know both perspectives. Spend a year in a parents shoes before you judge and it is 1 day shy of 2 weeks before games start....... And schools back in 1 week plus 4 days..... If we don't bring forward concerns then nothing changes. And yes many of us have complained to BSA.... This was sent when I got up at 4 when I needed to look after a sick child and give them their puffers and comfort them. Now Ii'm having trouble getting back to sleep.....remember these basketball robots some people think of our children as, need to be raised off court too and maybe they will be the ones looking after you in your old age so pray all us whinging parents do a great job..... You are not here doing the hard yards...... Love to all those amazing selfless parents and also to those who post here with such a warped perspective. Sad you feel the way you do to hate us so much for loving our families and many of us with our own sad story but getting on with life despite that.......

Reply #438461 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

My prediction (for Div 1)

Forestville @ home vs Woodville
South v Sturt
Norwood v Centrals
North v Mavs
Southern v West

(or a combination of the above)

Reply #438463 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Annon,

Maybe BSA does have to look at this but to behonest we all need to look within our clubs. BSA sets deadlines to allow for timely scheduling but then clubs do not even put their team nominations in on time. It only takes one club to be late to halt the whole process.

The other point you raise was trying to work out if you were playing Friday or Saturday etc. Only in exceptional circumstances would this not be known i.e. a team has nominated for two Div 2 spots which are now generally limited to U16 and U18. THe bigger issue of not knowing when you are playing is probably a club thing where they are yet to finalise who is in a Div 2 team or lower.

I certainly am not a pro BSA person but to think this is just their problem is fallacious.

The next problem is where is all the extra court space required coming from!!

Reply #438526 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

you sooks - expect a game on the Friday. If you aren't good enough to organise on short notice, don't play.

Reply #438534 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Mon-Thurs comps are up on Sportingpulse.

Reply #438616 | Report this post

Annon  
Years ago

14 and 12's both affected by Div variations as well. 'You Sooks'. -- thank god someone with your mentality is stuck on here posting rubbish and you are not out in the it wide world with your attitude. Keep posting so we know where you are.....

Reply #438625 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

#562 I can't see any clubs being allowed to nominate two teams in div 2 for the u16. Looking at Div 3 Group A there are only teams 3 and teams 4 for sturt and norwood (so it means there are only two teams above in D1 and D2).

Tigers, Souths and Rockets have 8 teams each in the u16. Did they get rejects from Sturt and Eagles? Norwood seem to be stacking the kids in to the higher phases.

Reply #438638 | Report this post

Annon  
Years ago

Get overit !!!!!!! BSA doesn't care about you, your concerns and wishes, they are an internally run organisation with numerous success stories like " stadium scoring"

Reply #438644 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Annon in the "the whole world revolves around me" camp! Real shame that they are just whingers and not doers!

Reply #438695 | Report this post

dko  
Years ago

All D1 and D2 fixtures are up

Reply #438762 | Report this post

Hanging Round  
Years ago

Well done BSA
A big task to get program out, never mind keeping the whingers happy!

Reply #438770 | Report this post

Number 23#  
Years ago

Well Done to everyone involved in having next seasons fixtures up with the exception of Saturday mornings games great effort.

Reply #438780 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Wouldn't exactly call it a "big task", but having the fixtures for all minor rounds (Sat possibly exempted) up on Sportingpulse two weeks before the first scheduled game is reasonable.

Reply #438784 | Report this post

Hanging Round  
Years ago

Wait for teams to start pulling out over next 4 weeks and new program required

Reply #438785 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Outside those in div 1, I'm sure most are. Your point?

Reply #438787 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

All comps released.

Reply #439248 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:49 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754