Reply #441975 | Report this post

Playmakermo  
Years ago

Wow... Nat wasn't kidding!

Reply #441980 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

WHY????

Why is it that the Sixers seem to get the unlucky break every time? We haven't won in Auckland for ages and out chances on Thursday looked not too bad, but Wilkinson will give them the lift they need!

Why couldn't another team play the Breakers first?

Reply #441984 | Report this post

Ganymede 86  
Years ago

On the plus side for the Sixers Wilkinson can't guard anyone so Johnson and Schenscher will murder him downlow

Reply #441987 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Big in for the breakers....he is all offence but thats the spark they need.

Reply #441999 | Report this post

Cats 4 life  
Years ago

U can't replace boucher and jackson in a hurry and prob never will. Offence not the prob it's the small things that those to players did they need to work on. All it means less shots for every one and still don't fix the real problem they have. Ennis will take him to school next time they play! Mite shut him a little

Reply #442000 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Ganymede, Luke didn't stay on court long enough yesterday to do much murdering. ;)

The friend I watched the game with noted that the one-time starting 36ers front court of Schenscher and Ballinger combined for 7 fouls in a total of 9 minutes on court and went unused otherwise.

Reply #442002 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Cats 4 Life.....Ennis and Wilkinson play different positions and who hasnt Ennis taken to school, would be no shame there.

Reply #442008 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

"On the plus side for the (insert team) Daniel Johnson can't guard anyone so (insert player) and (insert player from the same team as previous player) will murder him downlow"

fixed

Reply #442011 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

If you're the Breakers do you start Wilkinson straight away and if so who goes to the bench Pledger or Vukona?.

Reply #442012 | Report this post

Agreed ^

Reply #442013 | Report this post

Mystro

Reply #442014 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Pledger & Vukona have been fine, Wilkinson will come off the bench

Reply #442016 | Report this post

Cats 4 life  
Years ago

U can't start vukona on the bench! He is the breakers! They should ove just kept him last season if this was the case, pledger will go back as a role player of the bench

Reply #442017 | Report this post

pwned  
Years ago

Shift Vukona to the 3. Wilkinson often steps out for the corner/wing 3. Would work well.

Reply #442020 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Wilkinson off the bench. Can't see Abercrombie, Vukona or Pledger getting benched and nor will Corletto get the snub. Even if Corletto did, Webster would have his hand up for that chance.

Reply #442022 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Regardless of who starts and who comes of the bench Vukona, Pledger and Wilkinson are their 3 bigs! between the 4-5 spots theres 80 mins to split between the 3 which is 26-27 each plus Abercrombie can play the 4 against certain match ups! So playing time wont be an issue with gary arriving. But he will open things up even more with an extra shooter being out there

Reply #442023 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

He's actually an asshole of a person. No one apart from Breakers fans liked him. No denying the talent though.

Reply #442027 | Report this post

chris  
Years ago

Statsheet Stuffer: And you know this because....?

Reply #442028 | Report this post

Cats 4 life  
Years ago

I loved watching him play, alot of fans would love him if he was on there team. Talented player and i love the emotion that he shows! Just hope he has shit gamer against perth but he never did! But he did help us get to game 3 in the gf so a bit ove me likes him. Still not what i think the breakers needed but just wana see teams get the best players! And the breakers have gd luck to him and the team!

Reply #442029 | Report this post

catsfan  
Years ago

maybe its just wildcat fans that dislike him? he's a good player (no denying that) but i think fans didn't like his cockiness when he would play on our home court.. i remember him coming to perth and rubbing every single shot he made into our faces.

i think he's a bit like corey 'homicide' williams in that sense.

Reply #442040 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

He's an excellent player and a character on the court. Very happy to have him back in the NBL.

Reply #442046 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

I really don't need to explain myself to you, chris. Yes he is passionate and enhances a game's atmosphere, but he's an ass. Those in the know can attest.

Also, the reason for the Breakers drop is more than simple recruitment and retention. Have a think about the rule interpretations and how NZ played the game last season--they would hack the crap out of you. Boucher and Jackson especially, but Hudson as well (he was pretty fundamental too, though). On so many possessions, Jackson would body up and put hands in on the ball carrier and disrupt sets from the get-go. Just wouldn't fly this year.

Reply #442049 | Report this post

Proud  
Years ago

I wouldn't worry too much Jack... Have to believe that 36ers will smash 'em (can't believe they beat Cairns up there)

@ Mystro (I know this is off topic) but what do you and the rest of NZ think of Thursdsy night games?

Perth have enough of them too and I can't work out why the best drawing teams play on that night

Reply #442053 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Yeah..... I can't remember the last time the Sixers won in NZ.

Reply #442056 | Report this post

Tyrell  
Years ago

Well I said in another topic that the Lazare signing wasn't working so good to see the club has been proactive. I think G is just what was missing. Boucher was very vocal and that was thoroughly missing, he also brings in some of the confidence and attitude (often misunderstood as arrogance by opposition fans!!) that is needed.

@Proud, regarding Thursday night games, great if you're in the city, but if you're an Aussie based fan it is a little difficult especially with the time delay to even watch the team on an online stream

Reply #442058 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth play friday night games, only got two thurs night games this season

Reply #442060 | Report this post

Proud  
Years ago

I know Perth have 2 Thursday night games but both are against Cairns and sorry bit I think Cairns will be our grand final opponent... My reason for asking is Townsville are struggling for crowd numbers and yet how many Thursday night games do they host?

Also our finals series was played on Thursday last season and that sucked so I wanted to know if we could express our angst over Thursday games

Reply #442094 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Thursday night games are great.
They are not competing with Concerts/other Sports for fans or venues and there isn't much else on tv.
A lot of people head to the beaches for the weekend after work on Fridays etc so Thursday works.

Reply #442103 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Thursday night games for all teams:

New Zealand - 8
Perth - 2

Reply #442109 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Before we got Clarke, Ninnis won in NZ. Tyndale was best. Replaced by Hodge. Didn't think Clarke would win in NZ. Let's see what Frye and Wright can do.

Reply #442126 | Report this post

Proud  
Years ago

Thanks Mystro for answering that mate and I love watching games on NBL.tv on Thursdays from New Zealand (adds to a really tough double if playing on Frisay or Saturday elsewhere too) but I don't see the merit in Thursday games here until footy season starts.

As for the game I'm thinking that they go to DJ early and often and he has 18 to the half and 36ers comfortable 16 point win with with with Joey outcoaching Mr. Vickerman

Reply #442166 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:37 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754