3rd time is a charm hey?

Reply #442106 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Doesnt mind shooting the ball....

Reply #442111 | Report this post

AJ  
Years ago

The Bandits seem obsessed with finding another Jazz Ferguson.

Looks pretty good from the highlights but all players look good on their highlight reels.

His 2.5 assist per game average from last year doesn't fill me with a lot of confidence but he seems like he can definitely score. Hopefully this one will work out better than the Eric Vann experiment.

Expect them to bring back Momo Ntumba as their second import.

Reply #442117 | Report this post

SEABL Watcher  
Years ago

Yes, the lack of assists from Vann is what hurt the Bandits last year & even Jenkins was mixed in his play making. They really missed Ferguson's on-court leadership as well as his scoring.

Momo returning will be a huge plus.

I'm hearing they'll be making some changes in local content as well.

Reply #442119 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

'I'm hearing they'll be making some changes in local content as well'

gather that is no coincidence given Wodonga entering team into Big V d2

Reply #442123 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A few staying there and a few going. Maybe time for the coach to finally accept some responsibility eh.

Reply #442138 | Report this post

D4444  
Years ago

Hollis definitely not playing for the Bandits in 2014.

Reply #442141 | Report this post

SEABL Watcher  
Years ago

"no coincidence given Wodonga entering team into Big V d2"

Yes, a few bench players who would rather play than wave towels are likely to make the switch & I gather they are encouraging others to join them.

Reply #442142 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bandits have lost 4 players but 3 of them didn't play much last season.
They have added a few young guys plus an American kid that has a Aussie passport. From what iv been told he is pretty handy as well

Reply #442143 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wodonga is looking to work with the bandits so there will be no poaching of players.

Reply #442144 | Report this post

SEABL Watcher  
Years ago

No poaching is a nice sentiment but if Bandits players who got little court time actually want to play rep ball & ask to play in BigV then I can't see Wodonga beating them off with a stick.

Reply #442147 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Of course Wodonga won't tell them to go away but they won't be telling guys to leave bandits to play wolves

Reply #442150 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Cant see why both teams cant work in harmony.

Reply #442158 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Undoubtedly they could, however it seems that those that saw little or no court time and were used at training bait have had enough.

Reply #442164 | Report this post

SEABL Watcher  
Years ago

True. I think younger guys are prepared to sacrifice court time for a year or 2 in return for the opportunity to be part of a stronger league & develop their game training with experienced players of a higher standard but when you've had several seasons of towel waving there comes a time when you want more than a token cameo on court in return for the time & effort you put into training. I recall the SEABL report card for the 2012 championship winning team mentioning how little the Bandits used their bench beyond #6 & #7.

It's good to see guys like that get the opportunity to play & at the same time, less experienced players will benefit from having a pathway into the Bandits team.

Reply #442165 | Report this post

AJ  
Years ago

Albury have also entered a team in the Victorian CBL this year. From what I can understand the idea is to use this team as a development side for the Bandits bench players and young up and coming players.

Good idea if it's done right as the season runs in the SEABL off season. This should be seen as a really good pathway for kids wanting to play SEABL down the track.

Reply #442176 | Report this post

SEABL Watcher  
Years ago

Wodonga Wolves play CBL don't they?

Now that could see some competition for players.

Reply #442186 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cbl has been around for years but playing year round can be hard for the local boys and that's why you see many young guys burn out. With the bandits startingg training in November it makes it very hard for Cbl players to do both because it would mean they are training 4 to 5 nights a week plus going to the gym and playing on weekends. Wolves big v will be the best thing for albury Wodonga basketball.

Reply #442194 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

If this guy changes his name to Jamar Bruce Disco, he's in the NBA, guaranteed. :)

Reply #442196 | Report this post

D4444  
Years ago

"Wolves big v will be the best thing for albury Wodonga basketball."

I agree. It's a great stepping stone for younger players aspiring to play for the Bandits and older ones who don't want to put in the time and effort the SEABL program demands. Everybody should win as long as they have enough quality players to fill both teams.

Reply #442223 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Nice work D444.Hit the nail on the head.Offers a pathway for local players to move through the senior ranks.

Reply #442226 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is the American passport holder Mark Dearborn's son?

Reply #442246 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes it is.

Reply #442262 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Put in the time and no recognition which makes them walk away.

Reply #442384 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:27 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754