Mark
Years ago

Improved NBL TV coverage

With the NBL taking over the production of the TV games from Ten/One this season, it looks as if we have finally seen some changes and improvements. Whilst they are still stuck with the same graphics, it was good to see: historical footage, interviews with players mid game, Trevor Gleeson miked up for the game, additional post game interviews. I also enjoyed hearing Rob Beveridge's insights.

Well done NBL. Also, shows how little Ten cared about the coverage over the past few years.

Topic #33004 | Report this topic

BigAds  
Years ago

I thought it was great that they also spoke with players while on the bench during last night's game.

Reply #442799 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Now they just need to make sure the product can be seen clearly by subscribers which they failed miserably at with the Crocs vs Kings game. The commentators there were awful too.

Reply #442803 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Townsville commentators regularly get player names wrong. Even from their own team.

Also...can we get a shot clock?

Reply #442807 | Report this post

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

One's coverage last night was the best I've seen for a long time. Pity about the blow out nature of the game, but you can't control that! Loved the new bit's they've added - the in-game interviews, footage of past games between the Hawks and Cats (shows they've done some research leading into the game), Gleeson being miked up, and the commentary from Lachie Reid and Bevo was pretty good.

The membership banner for both clubs was a nice touch too. Great to see some dedication to the coverage being shown by NBL Media and just shows how lousy Channel 10 really are when they produced it.

Keep this up please and build on it!

Reply #442838 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Add the best highlights from games around the league and replay more good plays instead of fouls and I think it'll be a really good product. A good first step last night.

Reply #442854 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NBL.TV was beyond pathetic last night for Crocs vs Kings. Not good enough.

Reply #442876 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think this thread is about TV coverage, not NBL.TV, there's a lot of threads about that already.

Reply #442895 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

yep loved the touch of the membership drive and would like to see that at the start of all and every game, even the ones shown on Sky sports in NZ.

As for the commentary last night, I wouldn't mind a 3 man booth from time to time with Bear joining Lachie and Bevo.

People in the crowd were giving it to Demos when he was doing his interview during the game... imagine if it was a hostile environment lol

Reply #442905 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe 10 kept to a budget, and didn't include all the stuff everyone likes because down the track the budget will blow out.?? Bells and whistles are nice but cost.
The new NBL have a lot to learn yet. How about a 2013 / 2014 Media Guide for starters instead of having last season's still on their site.

Reply #442909 | Report this post

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

I dont think the extra bits added would have blown the budget out. I doubt it would cost anything to interview players, show good replays of exciting moments etc...

Maybey digging up footage of old games, but even that wouldnt cost anything other than a bit of time to dedicate towards it.

Reply #442916 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So the extra time if nothing else is free? The extra interviewer is free? I doubt that,

Reply #442923 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The interviewer was the commentator, baseline cameraman used. They're both on a budget, it's how you use it and in Ten's case not well.

Reply #442924 | Report this post

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

Im pretty sure interviewing players during a broadcast is part of the commentators job, and yes its how the broadcast is presented, within the budget allowed.

Reply #442925 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

No give it back to Fox and get live games and decent vision.

Reply #442964 | Report this post

MANAGER  
Years ago

They added some old video to the coverage which is good.

Reply #443072 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:08 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754