Corletto
-------------------
Burston
McMillan

Would anyone take a Hire/Creek package?

Reply #446189 | Report this post

Flinders80  
Years ago

Anyone interested in my waiver position and weigh for a guard trade. Seeing as though I didn't need to use my waiver position its now up for grabs

Reply #446191 | Report this post

Pure Silk  
Years ago

Didnt you use it for Young otherwise I would have but as you had top pick it was a done deal so now I have the #1 pick.

Reply #446197 | Report this post

Moneyballer  
Years ago

I thought you used yours otherwise every other guy here would've used their waiver.

Reply #446198 | Report this post

Moneyballer  
Years ago

Hire and Creek for your Waiver and Stevie?

Reply #446199 | Report this post

Pure Silk  
Years ago

No cheating thanks Flinders. Moneyballer = Snap :)

Reply #446200 | Report this post

Flinders80  
Years ago

Tell me whee I used my waiver. I just selected a free agent. No one else selected him so therefore I have not used my waiver

Reply #446201 | Report this post

Flinders80  
Years ago

Not my fault that no one else challenged the selection because they thought it was a certainty that would use it

Reply #446202 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

You definitely used your waiver. 100%

Reply #446204 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

15:15 18 Nov 13

Reply #445596
re: 2013/14 Hoops FNBL Rnd 6 Scores

Flinders80 selects Sam young and drops Clarke

Check the date, time. That's a bid if I've ever seen one.

Reply #446205 | Report this post

Flinders80  
Years ago

No that is a selection, the waiver only comes into play if I say I want to use the waiver and if some else selects the same player

Reply #446213 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Flinders80 selects Sam Young fresh of the free agents list. Flinders80 is accepting waiver trades but unless this can be completed in the next day or two then this selection still stands and I will then chose who I drop from Clarke or pace.

You signaled your intention to use it last week, then made it official on Monday when a trade hadn't been made.
There's no technicality here. You used your Waiver. End of story.

Reply #446215 | Report this post

Flinders80  
Years ago

Again....the quote you have pulled does not state I will use my waiver. It simply states that I'm looking to trade my waiver. My selection still stands and if anyone had of also selected him then it would have been my choice to use the waiver

Reply #446218 | Report this post

Flinders80  
Years ago

Definitely have not used my waiver, just selected a player of the FA list that no-one else selected

Reply #446219 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

That's called adjusting the rules to suit your argument. Fact is, you claimed a player, that is under his waiver period, and made an official signing. That's a bid. Always has been. You made it clear you were going to sign him, then you did, during the waiver period. You knew he was still under waiver when you signed him.

Skip had people who jumped the gun 5 minutes early and made them use their waiver last season. You were a whole day early.

Reply #446223 | Report this post

Flinders80  
Years ago

Well I respectively disagree, last year you had to nominate to use a waiver or not. You could select other players off the FA without having to use your waiver. This is all I did this time around.

Reply #446230 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Sorry Flinders80, but you're mental... You don't need to nominate to use your waiver position on a player who is restricted and REQUIRED to use the waiver position to select them. That's the rules, you can't go and make up new ones to suit yourself.

You dropped Clarke for Young, using your Waiver position, no argument.

Reply #446301 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Ok, here's one for you...
You signed a Free Agent when they weren't eligible to be picked up. That makes that pick-up void.

So now that he's not been bid on and no one has signed him since he became a free agent.... I officially drop Jamar Wilson and pick up the Free Agent Sam Young.
Now... You have 2 choices, agree that you in fact didn't sign him with your waiver, therefore giving me him. Or you agree that your pick up was a bid.
Your choice.

Reply #446309 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Unfortunately it's not (as I also thought about doing that this morning ;) ) He bid on Sam Young while he was under waivers, so it's a valid waiver bid...

No take backsies ;)

Reply #446323 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

I know, but might as well offer the alternative ;)

Reply #446354 | Report this post

Flinders80  
Years ago

I apologise for the many posts. I have now found that I was clearly in the wrong.

Here were the rules from the first season. This means that I do indeed move to the bottom of the waiver list.

6. WAIVER WIRE

6.1 This is used to sign restricted free agents throughout the season. The order of this to begin with is the reverse of the initial Draft order.

6.2 If multiple owners indicate they would like to sign a new player, the player is assigned to the person highest up the waiver wire. They then move to last place on the Waiver Wire and everyone else moves up a spot.

6.3 If only one person bids on a restricted player, they still move to the bottom of the Waiver Wire.

6.4 When bidding for a player, you must also declare who you wish to delist to make room.

6.5 Bids are to be made in the designated weekly league thread on hoops.com.au

Reply #446377 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:15 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754