kason jidd
Years ago

Delly gets a big write up on NBA.com

Delly is the headline in the NBA 'rookie ladder' on the NBA.com homepage. Good read if anyone's interested:

http://www.nba.com/rookie-ladder/?ls=iref:nbahpt6d

Topic #33234 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Some season highlights http://watch.nba.com/nba/video/channels/nba_tv/2013/11/27/20131127-rookie-ladder-matthew-dellavedova.nba

Reply #447424 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Great write up with Dellavedova getting a lot of deserved praise.
Nice to see Adams ranked at 8.

Reply #447425 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Good on him. At this point he needs to improve his ability to finish at the rim at the NBA level, and he needs to improve it a lot ... but other than that deficiency, the rest of his game is pretty damn solid.

Reply #447453 | Report this post

bankedshot  
Years ago

Some good highlights. I think his shot really looks ugly, but its a good one. Another reason he probably doesn't get much of a look by scouts. He always needs to prove what he can do. Awesome his getting minutes, It has made me a Cavaliers fan. I just hope Coach Brown uses him as point guard instead always as shooting guard. Barely had minutes today against the Heat.

Reply #447470 | Report this post

GuesswhosBACK  
Years ago

He probably does need to improve finnishing, but I saw a drive/lay up on his 14 point game where he changed up his speed and got the shot off the window against 2 defenders... was very nice and shows he can do it. I think the guy will turn into the 'Brad Robbins' of the NBL... tough, nuggety, with a few surprising offensive tools.. not athletic... not a star, but someone ya like to have on ya team.

Reply #447473 | Report this post

El Diablo  
Years ago

He really needs a good 2 years of NBA strength & quickness condition programs, sorta like when AFL rookies have 2 preseasons of gut busting running and then become proper afl players

I think he can barely dunk the ball which while not terrible, at 6'4" means that if you cant consistently get near the ring will mean you will get blocked a lot.

Andrew gaze didn't dunk the ball much, but he laid the ball in where his hand was usually above the rim.

Playing against Kyrie everyday and a strong work ethic can only be good things for his future development

Reply #447479 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Go Della

Reply #447484 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:42 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754