6th Man- Mitch Creek
DPOY- Damian Martin (AGAIN!!!!!)
MIP- Corey Webster

Post yours below.

Topic #33247 | Report this topic

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

MVP- Chris Goulding
ROY- Tom Jervis (assuming he's a rookie??)
COY- Joey Wright
6th Man- Jamar Wilson (if they count him as a 6th man)
DPOY- Damian Martin
MIP- Nate Tomlinson

Reply #447705 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

MVP Ennis (goulding 2nd)
ROY Jervis (Te Rangi)
Coach Joey Wright
6th man Creek or Wagstaff
DPOY Damian Martin
MIP Nate Tomlinson (C Webster)

Reply #447708 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

MVP- James Ennis
ROTY- Reuban TeRangi
DPOTY- Damian Martin
6th Man- Jesse Wagstaff
MIP- Chris Goulding
COTY- Trevor Gleeson

Reply #447710 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

Well, one thing I'm predicting is Joey Wright getting the Coach of the Month for November. No other team went 5-0 for the month.

Anyone willing to bet on Gary Ervin picking up Player of the Month honours?

Reply #447713 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

MVP - Goulding (Ogilvy runner-up)
ROTY - Te Rangi
COTY - Wright
6th Man - Wilson
DPOTY - Martin
MIP - Goulding

Reply #447715 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

LOL at people picking Webster for most improved. His points per game are only up 0.4 on last year and his field goal percentage has dropped.

Reply #447725 | Report this post

Proud  
Years ago

MVP : Damien Martin/Ogilvy with Goulding 3rd
MIP : Nate Tomlinson with Brad Hill 2nd and Norton 3rd after good end to season
COTY : Trevor Gleeson/Andy Stewart with Shawn Dennis 2nd (his players suck)
ROTY : Tom Jervis with Mitch Young 2nd
6th man : Jesse Wagstaff with Brad Hill 2nd and Rhys Martin 3rd
DPOTY : Damien Martin with Daylight 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th being AJ Ogilvy 6th Steve Markovic

Reply #447736 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Markovic in the DPOY conversation? lol

Reply #447741 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can we not give the MVP to a losing team. Ala Goulding on a currently 4-5 Tigers (I know that probably will change, but still).

Reply #447755 | Report this post

Proud  
Years ago

Sorry anonymous, I did that for comic relief... Kinda proving that you can make anyone and they wouldn't deserve to be in the conversation with Ogilvy (the blocks) and Damo

Reply #447756 | Report this post

Proud  
Years ago

Sorry name not make

Reply #447757 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

yes Goulding could potentially win MVP despite being on a losing team.

However I think Ennis will win it as he immediately made a huge impact on the league, even caused a few imports to be replaced imo. He is a big part of his teams record and every team would love to have him.

Reply #447761 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Ennis will lose a lot of votes to teammates, he has prob only got top votes for his team in four of the first 11 games, whereas Goulding is getting top votes almost every week.

Reply #447765 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Is voting done after each game or at end of season?

Reply #447770 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

each game I believe

Reply #447783 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

If Markovic is in the running for DPOY we may as well throw Ben Allen into the conversation for Most Improved Player...

Reply #447840 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

And Aaron Fearne for coach of the year..

Reply #447842 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

"Ennis will lose a lot of votes to teammates, he has prob only got top votes for his team in four of the first 11 games, whereas Goulding is getting top votes almost every week."

True but the same was said of Cedric Jackson last season.

Reply #447873 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

Disagree with you Mystro, NZ last year were a bunch of role players being led by a superstar player and great coach. And that's the difference this year. The role players haven't stepped up (apart from Vukona this week) so they lack the superstar, which is why they've struggled. Same with Cairns, they just need a superstar to step up (if the coach would let them).

Reply #447887 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Disagree with you there Wilson, but certainly NZ's offence last season was built around Cedric with Wilkinson gone, CJ slowing and Abercrombie coming back from his injury.

The biggest thing with Jackson though was he dominated the game defensively and then turned that into offence. Ennis doesnt control a game like Jackson did, he is a very good finisher.

Reply #447889 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

every SF in the league must think "oh shit, here it comes" every time Ennis touches the ball. I know I do as a fan.

Reply #447915 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Can we not give the MVP to a losing team.
In that case, Clarke has far less competition in Wollongong. Goulding has Worthington and Morrison occasionally putting up good scores. Can't remember the exact judging process, but I have wondered if Clarke might get it like that controversial year Wethers did.

Goulding is my pick and bet too.

Reply #447922 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

The voting is done by oppo coaches after each game, and they have a certain number of votes to award to the other team, that's why players from poor teams can win or get close regularly.

Reply #447923 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Goulding seems to be slowing down at a rate of knots, of course.

Reply #447926 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Maybe. He did have an average shooting weekend, but he still managed to average something like 22p, 4r and 4a. If he makes a couple more of his looks he would have been a player of the week candidate.

The question is has his hot streak ended, or did he just miss a few. Certainly if the refs continue to allow so much physicality everyone's percentages are going to come down pretty quick.

Reply #447929 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

He's getting the points, but on the back of an outrageous volume of shots; he's arguably costing his team more than he's scoring for them by monopolising the attempts.

Reply #447939 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

He is definitely still a MVP candidate but I would be interested to see his scoring avg in wins v losses

Reply #447940 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Or better still shooting percentages.

Reply #447943 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Goulding:

v Per - 18p at 44%
v Adel - 29p at 50%
v Cns - 34p at 57%
v Adl - 23p at 47%
v Woll 29p at 45%
v Cns 31p at 53%
v Tsv - 25p at 50%
v NZ - 23p at 43%
v Syd - 20p at 32%

There's only really one bad shooting night in there, in fact for a perimeter player who gets lots of defensive attention it is quite an exceptional season to date.

Reply #447952 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Cheers for those stats Paul. His fg% is actually quite impressive for a shooting guard

Reply #447954 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Hmm, not the stats I saw Crunchtimeshots post up.

Reply #447957 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:25 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754