RG
Years ago

Problem Recording Basketball from EPG

I have a Topfield PVR and regularly record TV programs by selecting them from the Program Guide (EPG).

Every time I try to record a Basketball game on One or Ten using this method, nothing gets recorded. The Topfield just shows "0:00 recorded of 2 hours", and this will remain until I manually stop it, which could be a day or more later. Following exactly the same process works perfectly for any other TV program on One, Ten or any other channel - I've only seen this problem when trying to record basketball.

If I select the game from the EPG but then manually change the title and start time, it works fine.

Anyone else have this problem or have an explanation or fix?

Thanks very much

Topic #33252 | Report this topic

bk  
Years ago

I have a dvd recorder with 500 GB hard drive and the basketball records every time off the program guide onto the hard drive.

Reply #447825 | Report this post

RG  
Years ago

Problem now understood. It's due to Channel 1/10 using the characters ":" and "/" in the EPG name for the basketball. These characters are illegal in the Topfield's operating system. If these characters are removed form the Scheduled Recording name, the program records ok. This problem may not occur with other brands of PVR.

Reply #449141 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:03 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754