Norwood Coaching Director

Any rumours going around as to who will be the new Norwood Coaching Director.
I imagine it would be a sought after job, as Norwood has the talent and resources to push Forestville and Sturt and make it a genuine big 3.

Any predictions and rumours?

Topic #33425 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you believe Norwood currently has the resources and talent to push the top 2 clubs then why hasn't it materialised under the previous coaching director? Does this mean one of the recent appoinemts by BSA is not up to the job. I suspect the issue is that the talent is not as great as you believe

Reply #451099 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hopefully meseche goes there

Reply #451100 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Basketball club with a fractured executive committee...? Ain't no CD that got time for that!

Reply #451107 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Andrew Jantke???

Reply #451108 | Report this post

Bruce  
Years ago

Norwoods junior program is a train wreck to even mention the flames program with sturt and eagles is a joke

Reply #451127 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Where did it go so wrong for norwood. Any theories or inside knowledge????

Reply #451128 | Report this post

Bruce  
Years ago

Poor skill development and coaching at the base level in past years .Too many kids with poor basic understanding and skills
Lack of any structure or direction from he previous jdo.
A quality jdo could turn it around with some of the new and improved coaches in place.

Reply #451129 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why would Mesechke go to Norwood?

Seems to be on a pretty good thing where he is.

Reply #451130 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

To mention Sturt girls in with Forestville and Eastern is just as big a joke, even with all their poaching.

Reply #451131 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What job would be better, Norwoods or southern a coaching director role that's advertised

Reply #451135 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'd say atm with Norwoods committee issue, postponed AGM not much would be occuring. My money on the Tigers job.

Reply #451136 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And you think the Tigers committee is any better

Reply #451140 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well I assume so there's been no hoo-ha about their AGM, Committee etc on here so I'd say they appear to be.

Reply #451141 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Never assume anything

Reply #451142 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are both full time?

Reply #451155 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Girls

Sturt Forestville Eastern

10 1st 3rd 8th

12 2nd 1st 5th

14 7th 2nd 1st

16 3rd 1st 2nd

18 2nd 1st 3rd

State Champs points

Forestville 18
Eastern 10
Sturt 8

Reply #451166 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The job & person specs on the tigers website suggest its a position that would be full time for two people and would have to pay 100k to get anyone interested.

Reply #451173 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The problem with the southern job specs is they are very professionally prepared and go into a lot of detail about their requirements and what they want. However, there is NO mention of benefits or rewards for the successful applicant. Hardly very tempting tbh.

Reply #451175 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And then you answer to the junior president

Reply #451177 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is Southern full time?

Reply #451183 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon 1173 it is a 2 man job as you will have to carry the JDO as well, as his performance in his job so far is concerning, I was unaware you are able to develop players sitting on a score bench laughing and joking with other people

Reply #451187 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

not the question. Is Southern actually employing someone fulltime with fulltime hours and wages?

Reply #451189 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon if you click the link it seems its more of a role description less meat and potatoes detail. it says

Any enquiries or upon applying for this position, please include a cover letter addressing
your suitability for this position, accompanied by your resume via email only to:
Darren Wirth, STBA Secretary
[email protected]
Applications close at 5:00 pm on January 15, 2014.

I'd say if you want answers email this guy. Seems like the role is expansive and covers a lot so I would assume it's a salary role, but who knows

Reply #451237 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:37 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754