Mick
Years ago

Spurs @ Nets

This is amazing to watch. The Spurs have literally no one who can get their own shot, which is really rare to see in the NBA. Every shot is a contested look from mid or long range as a result of the system. It's like watching a college game. And somehow they're up.

Topic #33651 | Report this topic

Mick  
Years ago

(Duncan, Ginobili, Parker, Leonard all out)

Reply #456052 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Is Mills in beast mode? Can I ask in this thread or do I have to start a new one?

Reply #456054 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

What sort of car would you compare Mills' game to today?

Reply #456055 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Mills is getting lost defensively so far. Couple of missed rotations and poor man-to-man defense resulting in Nets buckets. Gave Deron Williams a 4 pt play after losing him outright on a really bad defensive play.

Hopefully he tightens his belt in the second half on focuses on both ends instead of just waiting for the opponent to score so he can get the ball back.

Reply #456056 | Report this post

beau  
Years ago

Matchbox

Reply #456057 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Diaw is out sick as well. Can't remember the last time a team's 5 best players were all out...

Reply #456058 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Probably the last time Popp rested them all.

Reply #456059 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

I don't think I've ever actually seen Tiago Splitter complete a possession without a pass, turnover or a missed shot...

Reply #456060 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

I mean, I've seen his stats, so he must make a shot at some point, but I watch a lot of Spurs games and can't for the life of me remember him doing something other than getting blocked, stripped, airballing a hook shot, or travelling.

Reply #456061 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He shoots 55%, Mick!

Reply #456062 | Report this post

rohant16  
Years ago

Baynes barely gets any time on the court. A bit like Patty of yesteryear. Pop makes you wait for minutes.

Reply #456063 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

I know, anon, which makes it even more amazing that I have never seen him make a shot!

Reply #456066 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Bogut and Lee are out for the next game btw

Reply #456068 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Gonna get on chicago? Boozer and Noah should feast. But then again Steph Curry could score 50. I hate betting on GSW games. But I love it.

Reply #456069 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

anyone else's league pass conk out for the last quarter of this game? I'm getting nada.

Reply #456071 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Yeah league pass on my mobile is buggered.

Haha Mick don't bet on their games! Both teams are bipolar. I had Bogut to get over 11.5 rebounds but he's out so I'm not touching that game. Take Boozer to score over 15.5 points because he only gets up for national tv games and teams he personally hates, like Miami.

Reply #456072 | Report this post

Bobby Tables  
Years ago

Statsheet Stuffer - where did you see Bogut and Lee are out?

Reply #456075 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Twitter

Reply #456076 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Well boozer is out too. What a thriller this will be...

Reply #456080 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So we're bagging Patty today for producing 16pts, 2ast & 0to in 23mins on 6/13 fg (2/7 3p)?

Tough crowd.

Reply #456084 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How was his defence?

Reply #456086 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Anon, I made that post when he was 1/4 from the field and had just had several defensive brainfarts in a row. He was a little more aggressive and assertive, and less dribble-out-the-shot-clock-happy in the 2nd half but his defence remains fucking awful.

The thing with Patty is, it's not effort related like it is with most heat-check NBA players: he's in every play, he's bumping guys with his chest, he's busting his ass running around screens, he is hustling to stay in front of his man...he just has no idea how to play defense at all. It's a whole lot of wasted effort.

He plays ballhandlers waaay to close and gets routinely burned despite being the fastest player in the league according to Sport VU. He goes for the flop first and everything else comes second. He gets posted up by opposing PGs regularly with disastrous results. He misses rotations as a routine.

This stuff doesn't really make too much of a difference in his sparkplug role (i've never seen Jamal Crawford or JR Smith play defense either...), but you notice it more when he gets extended burn and has to play against opposition first units. If he wants playoff minutes he needs to be able to guard his position a lot more effectively and not rely on the help every time down the floor.

Reply #456136 | Report this post

Anonas  
Years ago

listen Patty Mills if you're reading

Reply #456180 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:52 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754