the veteran
Years ago

chances of stadiums with water ?

been involved for many years - IMO will be some water on courts tomorrow a.m. hopefully it will have eased by game time - otherwise 23rd of feb.....

Topic #33693 | Report this topic

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

100% chance of rain, 25-60mm tomorrow, and isolated showers on Saturday until after midday according to the BOM.

2.5 a reasonable over/under of the number of water-leaked stadiums by Sat?

Reply #456970 | Report this post

green45  
Years ago

My guess is that Southern, Souths, Norths and West home games will be underwater. 2.03m tide at Port Adelaide will seal the deal. In any case take gum boots, snorkels and 4WD recovery gear to Marion for the next week.

Reply #456971 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

At least you can count on the Forestville roof not to leak

Reply #456972 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

no but the ground will

Reply #456975 | Report this post

the veteran  
Years ago

court 2 at the port always leaks under the western skylight / light fitting, court 1 will have drops.

which court leaks at wayville ? 2 ?

morphett vale gets a bit of water as well - ? what court ?

Reply #456981 | Report this post

the veteran  
Years ago

dont go through port / woodville rds or port rd / w.l. boulevard if heavy rain - that floods and traffic stops

Reply #456983 | Report this post

davomac85  
Years ago

Was coaching at Morphett Vale last night,
no water on court 2 at all.

Reply #457002 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

morphett vale only leaks when the wind blows the water in sideways under the central roof capping, so if its not windy it should be fine

Reply #457007 | Report this post

Hanging Round  
Years ago

I just heard that the City of Adelaide floated past the Port stadium

Reply #457076 | Report this post

Much lika Creek  
Years ago

Pusadena wont be a problem ONCE you have paddled through the car park holes full of water.
My tip is dont park under the gum trees either there close to dropping a limb after the heatwave

Reply #457110 | Report this post

green45  
Years ago

More puddles inside the stadia from overheated spectators, players, and refs. When humidity >40%, no wind and no doors opened not sure what was the greatest OHS risk - heat stress, slipping on teen sweat or tripping through an open door. BSA get some airconditioning. We are not paying for dome now so surely some of those weekly takings can go towards some infrastructure.

Reply #457212 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reading the title I thought someone was really thirsty.

Reply #457510 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:03 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754