Richard
Years ago

Kings vs Hawks, Feb 15

I was looking at www.tab.com.au
Was amazing that they offer margin betting.

Can select the Hawks to be +10.5 for $1.37 odds
Would say that it would be a close game.

Do you think this would be a good bet or not.
It really does look tempting as most Kings games are close at home.

Topic #33697 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

In a mulit probs worth a look.

Reply #457101 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Heal is a pathetic human being. Before tipoff NBL.TV interviewed him and there was a spastic kid alongside him in a Kings polo guessing it was some kind of make a wish thing. But all Heal could do during the interview was try to stop laughing while smirking.

Reply #457447 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

anon 447, if he was laughing at a "spastic kid" that is pretty poor form if true. I think you'll find that even Heal would not be stupid enough to do that.

Reply #457450 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Not much value at $1.37 I would do a multi with tomorrows adel v melb game

Reply #457451 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rotnei Clarke with 12pts in the first 5mins, first 12 of Hawks 14. Firing up!

Reply #457452 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

2mins into the second quarter Clarke on 20pts. Smell a big one here.

Reply #457463 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Go Hawks! I can't stand Sydney.

Reply #457465 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kings+Heal combo = pure hatred

Reply #457466 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Qantas Credit Union Arena" ewww vomit

NBL in the 90s had a problem with every venue named Entertainment Centre now all of a sudden most are "Arenas" argh variety please

Reply #457468 | Report this post

fstos  
Years ago

Hawks with their nose in front at the half. Would be great if they can get the W and make the playoff race a little more open. If they can continue to match the Kings on the boards it will help their cause. Hoping the 6ers take out the Tigers tomorrow as well.

Reply #457481 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Rotnei has some moves and then some. Great to watch so far.

Reply #457485 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Loving watching Rotnei.

If Hawks win they are 3-0 in the series from memory.

Reply #457492 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kings getting found out, they had that lucky run in January now Heal being exposed again. Hawks look so much better and the ladder will reflect that soon I feel.

Reply #457494 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

20 point margin now wow Kings really stink and Hawks on fire and the form team of the league.

Reply #457501 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rotnei Clarke with 39points!

Reply #457514 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

better drop some money on RC for MVP

Reply #457525 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Great win for the Hawks still have a chance at playoffs. Clarke on fire

Reply #457526 | Report this post

JW21  
Years ago

I think Heal is not only being found out for the average coach that he is but his overall character as a person is being questioned now.
The article about his financial status is an unfortunate situation but it shows his wrecklessness with other people's hard earned money. Not a good quality to have.
You can't BS a BSer! Sydney is no nonsense town. Time to pack it up and move on.
Oh wait, he already has taken another job, in the NZ NBL. Might aswell head over there now. Don't half arse 2 jobs!!!
I've said it from day one, he's all excuses, when he's not serving up excuses he's reminding everyone how good of a job he is doing at the time.
He doesn't have the basketball mind, class, character or charisma to handle the responsibility of leading the Sydney Kings.
Imagine Gordie McCloud had the Kings roster! We'd be sitting pretty minus all the drama.

Reply #457536 | Report this post

Me  
Years ago

Agreed JW...apparently he wasnt even around for several days this week. How can a team prepare with a coach MIA? Cannot help but think his mind is on Wellington too...

No bankruptcy in NZ eh?

Body language of Young pretty clear tonight. Would love to know what he really thinks...

Culture seems toxic. Who is the bad egg?

Reply #457549 | Report this post

D4444  
Years ago

Heal will be gone next season.

Reply #457579 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No way Heal is back next season. And I'm constantly amazed at the so-called 'experts' on message boards who say he is a great coach. What utter rubbish. Check his record out. The guy is a losing coach. He may know the game, but his man management skills leave a lot to be desired. He's not a guy that people want to play for. And he's made one questionable decision after the other, on and off the court.

Watching that game last night on TV it was glaringly obvious how little energy and fight his team showed, which is completely unacceptable. Blame the players, sure, but a lot of that has to be on the head coach. Some guys looked like they didn't want to be there.

Aside from that, ask Brett Brown and Matt Nielsen what they think of him after what he did to them. That's not the kind of person I'd want leading my team if I was a Kings fan.

Reply #457583 | Report this post

D4444  
Years ago

All valid points but it's probably going to be his very public run-in with Dunn that's going to be the main reason he goes. As the old saying goes, you don't bite the hand that feeds you... even if its owner was drunk and out of line.

Reply #457592 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Heal really is a lowlife. He was always close with Brett Brown but now in the paper I read that he borrowed money from BB for a specific investment which he diverted funds away from for personal expenditure. Going off the coment above he did the same to Matt Nielsen? He has no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

Good point about going to NZ, probably is outside the jurisdiction for bankruptcy earnings. Can't believe how many owners there are that are suckers and hire a coach based on name alone.

Reply #457720 | Report this post

JW21  
Years ago

The paper mentioned Brett Brown, Matt Nielsen too? Hang your head in shame if true. It just made it a lot harder to warm to the guy.
Piss him off!!!
I can't believe that the owners are ok with him taking another job while working for them, thats a slap in the face and is not good for basketball, makes the sport look like a semi professional Mickey mouse league.
If he can lend, borrow, 'invest' big money from his 'friends' I'm sure he would have no worries saying that he is going to the NZ NBL to 'develop' a coach. Spare me.
He is so calculating.
If he wants to develop his coaching skills go visit a NBA team, sit in and learn, coaching in an inferior league will not advance him as a coach.
Taking a job while having a job. It's something you just DON'T do!

Reply #457806 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Disappointing effort game wise and I agree that while things have been patched up on the surface, it's certainly going to be Dunn Drunkgate that will have been the nail in the coffin...

The team just didn't seem with it on Saturday night, some players played hard, Young again, despite padding his stats was more of a distraction and ball hog than anything (despite that awesome windmill!) and AJ just didn't seem with it... I know he's getting manhandled with a lot of treatment on him let go, but I think he's just getting sick of not seeing the ball...

As for Heal's people management, it certainly seems like he's been working hard on Madge's game, and it's paying dividends, but that's the only thing I can think of that's been overwhelmingly in Heals' favour...

Reply #457811 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Remember the Sack Heal thread? It all went quiet when the Kings won five of their next six. Then they lose one to the team who has recently beaten Perth and Adelaide and the keyboard warriors are at it again.

Well, JW21 is at it again, she sounds a little bit like a jilted lover!

Reply #457819 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Some teams just have bogey sides...

Reply #457825 | Report this post

JW21  
Years ago

It's Sydney mate, produce and be humble. Just like Brian Goorjian did. Or move on. Simple.
The Kings didn't even get a mention in the Telegraph today.
The game is dying a slow painful death here in Sydney.
10 and 10 with the most credentialed import to even play in the NBL, arguably the best big man in the comp who doesn't see the ball. Boring team to watch.
Players not looking enthused to play for the guy.
His overall coaching record speaks for itself.

Reply #457875 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

I'd say part of it is playing with "the most credentialed(sic) import to even play in the NBL" as you watch them when he takes on half the opposing team by himself then jacks up a shit shot, head down, run back the other way... Hammer keeps saying a key to success is passing the ball around, finding the open man, looking for better shots... What are his teammates supposed to do when you know as soon as he gets the ball he's going to over dribble it and jack up a crap shot? That would be a key to team morale...

Not saying that Hammer is 100% innocent, but you seem blinded by your hatred for him and overlooking a lot of other problems...

Reply #457884 | Report this post

JW21  
Years ago

Hatred is a very strong word Wookiee. I don't "hate" anyone sorry mate.
I'm simply analysing his timeline at the Kings, his overall body of work as a coach and calling it how I see it. Last time I checked I was entitled to my own opinion.

Reply #457959 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:54 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754