kason jidd
Years ago

Patty Mills for 6th man of year award

He's come along way with his game improving exponentially. He is averaging 20pts in 21 mins off the bench in the last 6 games which is mind boggling. He is the 6th best 3 pt% shooter in the entire league. There has been talk about Patty being a potential future All Star too. In other news all haters have disappeared. Anyone see a bid to be in talks for 6th man?

Topic #33756 | Report this topic

KET  
Years ago

Patty Beast Mode Mills, 25 points today to beat the Clips!

Reply #458376 | Report this post

kason jidd  
Years ago

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/nba_tv/2014/02/19/20140218-cisco-patty-mills.nba/index.html?ls=nbahpsplit1

Reply #458377 | Report this post

Bobby Tables  
Years ago

Patty Mills is doing thangs.

The Clippers aren't a great team defensively, but he torched them. Watch him use the screen to get the mismatch against Deandre Jordan; who retreats to the paint giving Mills the open look.

Hope he can keep it up, he gives the Spurs a massive lift in the absence of Parker.

Reply #458378 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

More games like this would put him on the right track still plenty of time left to make a claim

Reply #458380 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

I love how he's added a teardrop to his game as well as the new aggression he has attacking the basket. He's becoming a lot more complete.

I don't love how he holds his jumpshot follow through a tad too long instead of getting back on D...

Reply #458387 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

Patty is capable of this every day of the week... he needs to go to a team that is actually going to give him consistently 25 or more minutes a game..

Reply #458390 | Report this post

Curtley  
Years ago

What about most improved?

Reply #458391 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

League MBP

Reply #458392 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

He's contending with guys like Isiah Thomas, Anthony Davis, Reggie Jackson and Goran Dragic, so it's doubtful.

As yet, he hasn't received any special attention from defenses, so it's hard to say how his statsheet reads by season's end.

Reply #458395 | Report this post

Romerio  
Years ago

His interview on the Fan Night show was classic.

He had a heck of a ball game too - on fire in the 4th and the difference maker. I think he'd be a long shot for 6th man of the year at this stage (Jamal Crawford will have that locked up if he qualifies) but he should get votes in most improved. He should also wind up with a decent contract next season if he keeps it up.

Reply #458401 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm jot sure why its mentioned that defences are dropping off him, if he is burning the opposition then they do that at their peril.

Mills is a champion and looking forward to seeing the attention he gets on this site throughout the rest of his career.

An individual accolade for an Australian would be brilliant!

Reply #458415 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

I watched him live against the Celtics on the 12th and he was def one of San Antonio's more effective guards.

Reply #458417 | Report this post

Whodat  
Years ago

6th man or most improved award?

Reply #458419 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hmmm don't think that he's looking at sixth man award. I'd say team mate Ginobli is more probable.

Others before Mills I'd say are;
Waiters
Young
Evans
Jackson
Stuckey
Gibson
Crawford

Reply #458456 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Watching Spurs v Blazers this arvo has got me thinking: how good would Mills look back in Rip City backing up Damian Lillard instead of Mo Williams?

Reply #458568 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

I like what you're saying Mick the only downside is he would get even less minutes backing up Lillard.

Reply #458571 | Report this post

Bobby Tables  
Years ago

29 points so far today on 50% shooting!

Started off a little cold but looks do be doing well in the 4th.

Reply #458572 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Not really: look at Mo's minutes numbers, he's around 25 MPG. He plays a lot at the 1 with Lillard off the ball at the 2. At this point Patty is pretty much better than Mo Williams at everything.

But screw that: he's looking great in SA right now.

Reply #458574 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Pop just subs Patty out for every defensive possession down the stretch.

Reply #458576 | Report this post

rohant16  
Years ago

The Porsche at it again! Patty Cakes yall!

Reply #458580 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

We agree Mick right now he looks good in SA. Another huge game today 29 points. 25th in NBA in points per 48mins.

Reply #458588 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:37 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754