Jesse Sanders is BACK!!!

Just read it on Eurobasket:
http://www.eurobasket.com/transactions.asp
Justice has prevailed!!!!

Topic #33786 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dated 21st Feb
Australia - Kings add Sanders to their roster, ex Fileni BPA Jesi - by Eurobasket News

Sydney Kings (NBL) added to their roster 25-year old American guard Jesse Sanders (190-91kg-89, college: Liberty) after he was tested there shortly. He played at Fileni BPA Jesi in Italian DNA Gold. In 25 games he recorded 9.7ppg, 5.5rpg, 2.1apg and 1.4spg last season.
The list of the past achievements is quite long as Sanders' team was regular season runner-up in Big South Conference in 2011. He was also voted All-Big South Conference 1st Team in 2011 and 2012 at his college time.
Sanders graduated from Liberty University in 2012 and it is his second season as a professional player.
The scouts decsribe him following way: A big bodied point guard, techically sound, who has great court vision and battling mentality. Passes the ball very well, attacks the basket when needed and he's very strong physically. Thankd to his size, he's good perimetral defender and a very good rebounder for the 1 position.

Reply #459000 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

What a farce.

Well I guess now the Kings have finally found their point guard in Jesse Sanders, a roster position of dire need since they SACKED JESSED SANDERS.

Reply #459001 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dated 21at Feb Sportando

Jesse Sanders signs back with Sydney Kings
The player replaces Carmouche
Jesse Sanders signed back with Sydney Kings to replace Carmouche.

The American point guard had player already 7 games with the Kings averaging 9ppg, 4.9rpg and 3.4apg.

Reply #459002 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In redible. How often do you get to see into the alternate universe !!!! This will be interesting

Reply #459004 | Report this post

Rick  
Years ago

Holy shit, get ready for an awesome grand final.

Reply #459017 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

I reckon he'll be better second time around, too. Not that he was necessarily bad the first time.

Reply #459018 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Im really interested to see how this impacts on Ogilvy. Was Sanders' ability to run the sets and make reads a big factor in AJ's early scoring?

If Harvey can stay fit the Kings have all the pieces in place now. A little tinny from the perimeter still, but if Madgen, Harvey and Ellis fire they can probably cover that, especially if Garlepp and Young are hitting from midrange.

If they beat Townsville tonight they have a reasonable shot of stealing second.

Reply #459020 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Wow big ask taking second. They have Perth next week and Adelaide have what looks like a walkover in NZ. But, the nature of the competition states...

Nevertheless, I think the top four, and pretty much the order of the four, will be decided by the end of next week.

Reply #459025 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Scratch that, getting ahead of myself. I mean by the end of round 21 when Melbourne are at Sydney.

Reply #459026 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Paul hit the nail on the head.Watch for Ogilvys numbers to increase and he will straighten them up. I wonder how Sanders is feeling?

Reply #459028 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Not to mention all the other guys' numbers who were faffing around trying to play playmaker when they should have been finishing.

Kings went from the single most unbalanced roster in the league at season tip off (a million PGs, all but not NBL level talents, no bigs outside of Ogilvy, Ben Allen LOL) to now looking like a real, balanced basketball team that could make some noise after assing Carmouche and bringing in Ellis and Sanders.

Reply #459031 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

*all but Sanders

Reply #459032 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

Great move for Sydney. I'd put them close to par with Perth now.

Reply #459069 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

If Sanders plays well for the reminder of the season, he may have just earned himself a coveted orange jersey.

Reply #459071 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

We'll take him, plus I'd expect gliddon to walk if fearne doesn't get the flick so we'll need a PG.

Reply #459075 | Report this post

Bol Bol  
Years ago

This should make for a very interesting finals series

Reply #459081 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

The Kings are only better if they can stop the defences collapsing. They have replaced a 40% shooter with a shot-putter.

Sanders is much better defensively and as a PG, but the perimeter issue could present challenges.

Reply #459083 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Harvey will have to step up.Paul have you put pen to paper yet.Been nothing in the local paper???

Reply #459087 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

On par with Perth, playing for second!!! Ahhh no, very far fetched take on this player movement. Guy isnt that good at all...

Reply #459100 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sanders should have stuck it to the Kings and Heal. Wonder if he knew about the seven game rule and how desperate Sydney were.

Reply #459107 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I hope sydney are paying this guy well because the loyalty this bloke has shown to sydney is way more than they deserve for how he was treated. Huge pick up for the kings and may just save their season

Reply #459109 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its a business, he was a mediocre import and the team was struggling, they cut him. No loyalty at this level, unfortunately or not, it is what it is. Perhaps people got too attached to his summer of Sanders blog or something, but he aint the first to be cut.

Reply #459127 | Report this post

Bol Bol  
Years ago

If they can hang on to third spot they would definitely fancy themselves against the 6ers

Reply #459140 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

I really hope Sanders gets paid for the FULL season.

That is the least the Kings could do.

Reply #459149 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shame you don't coach Paulo.

Reply #459151 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Surely Sanders coming back means more FGA for Ogilvy, which is much needed imo if the Kings wanna make some noise.

Reply #459160 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's crazy that the Violet Crumbles would favour their chances against 36ers, seem to have the wood over Melbourne and haven't beaten Perth since being re admitted... Something like 16 straight...
If these are our finals teams then it will be sad to see them swept by Perth without taking someone out beforehand!

Reply #459167 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

"Shame you don't coach Paulo."

Those who can, do. Those who can't, write about it.

Reply #459175 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

I was compiling some data to try to refute Paul's 3pt shooting comment, but then they go and shoot like they did last night and prove his point... blegh... lol...

Reply #459183 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:57 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754