The Goat Doctor
Years ago

Big V breaking news - Pakenham's new recruit

After a few big names already anouncing they're joining the Warriors this off season they are about to announce the utmost noteworthy recruit this off season to date in an astonishing coup for Victoria's most up and coming association.

Details will be publicized soon once the deal is completed.

Stay tuned.

Topic #33804 | Report this topic

Happy Days  
Years ago

Shouldn't be called the Goat Doctor maybe the Spin Doctor!!!

Reply #459335 | Report this post

The Goat Doctor  
Years ago

Now now Happy Days my cherished comrade,

Just because a team is not in the peninsula clique does not mean they are not granted the same entitlement to announce rousing news ;)

Maybe a wager should be declared between the rising powers of the outer South East suburbia and the previous Big V stronghold of the peninsula?

Who will win more D2M games this year Pakenham & Casey or Mornington & Westernport.

I challenge the...

Reply #459340 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Pakenham/Casey will.You certainly have a way with words: utmost noteworthy, astonishing coup....You must have a few other chestnuts to go with those few!!!

Reply #459342 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Eric Williams signed at Pakenham.

Reply #459345 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Wow, hold the presses at the Herald Sun or should that be the Pakenham Gazette....
On a positive note good signing for the club.

Reply #459348 | Report this post

Ashke  
Years ago

"Victoria's most up and coming association." hahahahahahahahaha yeah right, think you need to get out more mate.

Reply #459349 | Report this post

The Goat Doctor  
Years ago

Now that's rather a pompous comment you aver Happy Days. All one wanted to do were to share with this forum a little excitement. I don’t for a fleeting moment feel the phrasing of my previous posts has been articulated in an overtly striking fashion.

Perhaps the residents of the celebrated peninsula basketball circle are not as refined as they proclaim.

So can we decide on a little wager between the peninsula and the outer south eastern associations?

Reply #459353 | Report this post

The Goat Doctor  
Years ago

Ashke, who would you declare the most up and coming association?

Reply #459356 | Report this post

Ashke  
Years ago

Well i would be looking towards the likes of Traralgon who is producing a large amount of talented kids at the moment in both state and aus squads, Mildura is also producing a large amount of state players. Southern Pen is producing a large amount of state players, all three of those associations i would have well and truly in front of Pakenham... And they are only the Country Associations i have quickly looked at!

And when you declare yourself as the most up and coming association in the STATE, what else are you taking in to account? Administration, Facilities, DOC, Senior Coaches, Development Programs, Pathways, State Reps, Aus Players???

Or are you basing this off a few senior signings?

Reply #459359 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Eric is in fact signing there why would they not get this done earlier and attempt for DIV1. Must be a bit of coin in it for him to be willing to drop down so many levels. Or will the press release go on about how he wants to give back at the lower level and build a club blah blah blah.

Certainly going places with there senior "TEAM" at Packy, but to pass that off as the whole association is a far stretch.

Reply #459362 | Report this post

Truth  
Years ago

Packy have poached enough talent to win D2 easily. As it stands witht the players they already have without this new signing they start clear favs for the title.

For the amount they have spent, If they dont win it this year questions need to be asked.

Reply #459374 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Eric will average more points individually than some teams average total score

Reply #459375 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

The clubs to watch in future are Pakenham and Casey as they are sitting in the biggest growth corridor.They also have very strong support from their local councils and will continue to expand as a result.

Reply #459377 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

No mention of Melton Ashke?

Reply #459378 | Report this post

Ashke  
Years ago

Sorry HO, was only going through the Country Associations that i know of. And i actually have no idea about Melton full stop hahaha, but please feel free to add them if you feel they are "on the rise".

Happy Days, does expansion mean success? Or simply just volume etc.

Reply #459388 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Casey and Paky D2 GF for sure!

No #inbread life talk this year

Reply #459389 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Volume which should ultimately bring success through weight of numbers.

Reply #459393 | Report this post

Ashke  
Years ago

Coupled with your favourite topic of "governance and administration", then i would agree.

Reply #459397 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Victoria's most up and coming Association???

How many VC teams have they had in the past 5 to 10 years?

They only beat a young Oakleigh squad yesterday by 7 points in a practice match that could have gone either way. Pakenham were missing a few players but so were Oakleigh and Oakleigh had five kids from their junior program playing and contributing positively to their effort.

Saw a club with a bright future yesterday but it sure wasn't Pakenham.

Reply #459398 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Put all your hopes on a few people and you`re playing with fire, look at last year, two injuries takes them from a top four side to the bottom placed side.

Good on them if they have in fact pulled off the signing. Be good to see their juniors doing more though.

Reply #459400 | Report this post

JustforLaughs  
Years ago

I think any where that is growing as rapidly as the south east can only increase the potential for those clubs to become big clubs. however governance and administration go along way to putting it all together. and that is across all levels. not only Representative but also Domestic Clubs as well.

If they are all working as one to do the same job then of course it is possible.

And lets not forget coaches. It's one thing to have a great administration. but admin doesn't teach the kids.. They need to have good coaches in the programs as well as leading the program... I Watched a few Pakenham sides a couple of weeks ago and they are still playing solid Zone Defense for 40 minutes.. really not teaching young athletes how to play man to man.. and definitely not teaching coaches how to read tempo's and make adjustments.

Lots of different Area's to consider when a club expands not just a growth area. but put the Admin and the Coaching area's together properly and I would agree that both these clubs would be up the top somewhere in the next 3 to 5 years.

Reply #459401 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pakenham didnt play their main guys Oakliegh were full strength.

Pretty bad when you loose to someones B team.

Reply #459405 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'd like to breakdown the first post in this thread.

"About to Announce"
"Once the deal is completed"

You cannot be ready to announce until the deal is completed usually.

A little premature jumping on a hoops forum don't you think? I have seen many a deal fall over at the 11th hour for reasons including for announcing a player is about to sign before he has. And if in fact it is Eric Williams (which i highly doubt) does play Div 2 Basketball then that means his Basketball career has hit rock bottom!

Reply #459407 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^ couldnt agree anymore. If and a big If E-Will (2013 SCM League MVP) plays Div2 his career has hit rock bottom. If he wants to play a Big fish in a very very small pond thats pretty sad on his behalf

Reply #459412 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What a waste of Talent and Money.

Reply #459414 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

Of course, it is possible e-will has bought into a program that is indeed up and coming and they are using him as a centrepiece of a plan to rise through the ranks over 2-3 years.... not dissimilar to a Championship or League 1 football team taking a quality overseas player or three as they seek promotion.

Reply #459420 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Any club can have a good rep team if your prepared to spend money. The question is could that money be better spent somewhere else.Unfortunately some clubs get sucked into the arms race which ultimately wins you a $200 trophy and a pennant. What it can do is increase sponsorship and give you more brand awareness in the local community as everybody loves a winner.

Reply #459422 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Eric williams from playing in baghdad to pakenham not much of a differencevreally

Reply #459456 | Report this post

No Hope  
Years ago

Eric Williams will sign at Knox, not Pakenham

Reply #459478 | Report this post

The Goat Doctor  
Years ago

I can confirm it is not Eric Williams.

It is however a name that will become forever concomitant with the success Pakenham will deliver.

I would also like to bring to question the need for random people bagging the Pakenham Association for trying to be the best it can be.

Reply #459547 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

The Goat Doctor: Please refrain from using words that average Joe has absolutely no idea what it means:
Concomitant early 17th century: from late Latin concomitant- 'accompanying', from concomitari, from con- 'together with' + comitari, from Latin comes 'companion'

Reply #459549 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Goat Dr I don`t think anyone bagged you, however if you are going to label yourself as "the most up and coming association" You need more then a couple of senior mens signings.

Perhaps "Most up and coming division two mens side" is more fitting.

Good on you for promoting and getting your club out there, just a rather large call to make one would think.

Reply #459554 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I do think everyone probably thinks Paky are the team to beat in D2M.

Reply #459558 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They aren't signing anyone as their squad was finalised months ago.

No deal falling over at 11th hour... the first hour never began.

Reply #459571 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well that was a whole day of posts for what turned out to be no reason.

I do like to see the pride people have in the club but some of the grandiose statements were quite laughable.

I hope Pakenham does continue to have success as it's good for the game in the City of Casey which is ultimately good for the game generally. But we all know that while they have no control over their venue it will always be a battle.

Reply #459575 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's division 2..glorified domestic...who cares! What a joke

Reply #459592 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

If you think its glorified domestic, then I'd suggest you don't see much domestic basketball.

I am no great defender of the standard, but with few exceptions, any D2 side would whip a domestic side.

Reply #459593 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

so true... it is glorifed domestic!

but hey they have a training session....so must be better

Reply #459599 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Glorified domestic!!! You clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

Reply #459602 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So what if it is glorified domestic? Are you not allowed to talk about domestic or have an intrest in it?

Reply #459610 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Its the best of the local domestic comp with 3-5 outsiders which generally lifts the standard.

Reply #459611 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Div.2 domestic level with better uniforms and less walkovers.

Reply #459613 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is the signing another gun from phillipino league or maybe malaysian league ha ha

Reply #459693 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

HO, half of the teams playing thurday night A grade "Domestic" at Nunawading would win D2.

Reply #459694 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Div 2 now, as it currently stands is about the same standard as the old Wednesday night Div 3/4.

Back in the good old days of Wednesday night state championships:

Div 1 was a cross between NBL/SEABL in std
Div 2 was roughly a cross between the now BigV Champ/YL1 and D1.
Div 3 and 4 was roughly = to a mix of lower current Div 1/ Div 2 type teams.

Reply #459697 | Report this post

twist  
Years ago

d2 is shit

Reply #459698 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

Very easy to say, very hard to sustain.

I am not arguing that D2 is a great standard, but the cheap throwaway line that it is glorified domestic is just that, a cheap throwaway line.

Reply #459701 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So where is the Pakenham breaking news?

Reply #459730 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So where is the Pakenham breaking news?

Reply #459731 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's been a year at Chelsea so a move would be happening.

Good theory on Pakenham. Although he does already have that uniform in the collection, but he is on the second trip around the clubs.

Reply #459799 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The one and only Vlad Tankov back to Pakenham.

Reply #459800 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Mornington D2 women have signed import Jasmine Stovall: http://www.ekusports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3789

Reply #459850 | Report this post

Ashke  
Years ago

Still won't win a game.....

Reply #459857 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Ashke have faith... Interesting to know whos funding it???

Reply #459862 | Report this post

Ashke  
Years ago

Solid point Happy Days, will this import be another "junior development officer"?

Reply #459884 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

They didnt have the money last year to keep Demarcus so how they can get a 2nd import is beyond me unless a sponsor is financially backing her.If there not diligent they will end up like Knox.Dont even think they have a president yet???

Reply #459899 | Report this post

Ashke  
Years ago

I would have thought M'ton had a few other things that needed attention/money before getting another import.

Reply #459962 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Totally agree, money could be better spent in other areas of the club unless it is coming out of an individuals pocket.

Reply #459964 | Report this post

Ashke  
Years ago

Is DeMarcus still here?

Reply #459967 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

He is as coaching director.They were going to release him end of last year as they didn't have the funds.Members called Special Meeting and President and Secretary resigned.Some how they came to an agreement for him to stay on.Maybe they upped there fees for rep ball as domestic is the same.

Reply #459971 | Report this post

Ashke  
Years ago

hhahahahahahaha oh wow, coaching director? hahahahaha

Reply #459981 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

I have to admit he is there at 7am each morning for individuals so i'll give him that.

Reply #459998 | Report this post

Ashke  
Years ago

Well it should only be a matter of time before we start to see the state/aus players roll out of M'ton.

Reply #460008 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Got one good kid who should go to college:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7BVg4_89eA

Reply #460023 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

Mornington obviously Victoria's most up and coming association....

Reply #460026 | Report this post

Ashke  
Years ago

HO hit the nail on the head!

Reply #460048 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How can you be the most up and coming assocation when you dont even have a hash tag.

#inbredlife
#cavnation
#pakenhampayroll

Reply #460053 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#CavsNation baby 2014 champions in all three divisions

Reply #460054 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good luck to Josh @Happy Days, lots of highlights there. Not sure about the level of play as the defence seems pretty average.

Unless there is a highlights video of him passing the ball or somehow controlling an offence rather than just shooting and driving I would suggest the boy is more a shooting guard than a point.

Hope he does well in his future.

Reply #460075 | Report this post

#CavsNation  
Years ago

Boooooooya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DominNATION from cavsNATION

Reply #460094 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah baby we are going to destroy all who comes before us. Everyone else give up cavsNATION

Reply #460096 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Problem for Josh is there are lots of players like him trying to get into the college system. If was 6-8 wouldnt be a problem getting him a gig.

Reply #460101 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Paky to sign Daniel Kickert

Reply #461394 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

@Happy Days, they don't grow on trees though do they?

Plenty of coaches want the bigger bodies, especially at the collegiate level where your 6' 8" plus athletes can tear up the court...

Finding them here is not so easy, not with the talent required for elite level basketball, I guess that's why so many go back to football!

Reply #461399 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

....kickert to look for another euro gig....or he'll train with an SEABL team over winter beofre heading back to Europe.

The guys is earn about 12k a month in the ukraine he doesn't even wan to drive thru pakenham, let alone play or train down there!

Reply #461407 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

Isn't Mills meant be having a couple of games with Pakenham in the lead up to the World Champs?

Reply #461408 | Report this post

DD  
Years ago

How will they fit all of those guys in with Alonzo mOurning playing as well.

Reply #461410 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Everyone might as well give up, Cavs have got this season in the bag baby, Will smash everyone!!

Reply #461464 | Report this post

JustforLaughs  
Years ago

So Breaking News, Pakenham's Captain James Topp has walked from the club.

And the Import cancelled due to family commitments.

hmmmm someone jumped the gun announcing news.

Reply #461905 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thought the Cavs were going to "smash everyone" ??

Reply #461926 | Report this post

CHOOK  
Years ago

I guess that's why you don't start to make noise about an announcement until the signing is 100% finalized and done. Haha

Reply #461943 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Unless you have a signature on the dotted line it counts for nothing.

Reply #461944 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Lets see what spin the Goat Doctor puts on this one....More spin than Murali doosra!!!

Reply #461946 | Report this post

AussieBoy  
Years ago

Saw Casey men play a few games, both the games they lost actually.. Now I'm a person from what you people would call a "big club" and have no affiliation with anything lower than SCM but I could tell straight away that the Casey men's team was just strolling through preseason just trying to work things out.. Could have easily beaten both Maccabi & Keilor if they wanted to. They'll be a team to watch this season, don't worry about that!
And for Good old 'Pakky' for the amount of news articles they put out on pretty much everyone on their roster and they way they talked their team up so heavily during the off season I was expecting a SEABL/NBL caliber team but saw the complete opposite... The Warriors have a lot of work to do to live up to the off season hype they built up around themselves and your captain walking out on the club is not a move that is going to help anytime soon.

Reply #461961 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So what was the big player signing?
Ryan Rogers or Brett Rainbow? Both are now cleared to play.

Reply #464149 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#CavsNation #Playoffs #Paky5th

Reply #485054 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"The Goat Doctor" is very quiet. Early holiday perhaps?

Reply #485230 | Report this post

Hayden  
Years ago

After the result on the weekend i think the goat doctor has gone MIA.
Pakky almost good enough, unlucky they had to play casey to make it though

Reply #485245 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Saw tha game an casey owned paky

Smashed em in every area

Reply #485446 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

To the hero who posted:
"#CavsNation #Playoffs #Paky5th"
Would like to say well done. Hope your head has shrunk enough to put your runners up medal around your neck.

Have you heard the saying don't count your chickens before they hatch?

Reply #489541 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:19 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754