What games are on this weekend?

I know of the annual Cougar Cup between McKinnon V Keysborough
and Pakenkam V Warranmbool.

Hume City V Melbourne in SCM was on tonight I believe. Anybody know the
scores?

Topic #33834 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Diamond Valley and Chelsea played Monday and ended 64-64. Both teams missing some guys. Scrappy game.

Reply #460039 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Central District Lions (Adelaide CBL Team)play Mildura Heat (Big V D1) next weekend in Mildura they play each other every year.

Reply #460093 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Eltham SCM will also be in Mildura next weekend so there will be a mini tournement between them, Mildura and Central districts.

Reply #460097 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Melton played Ballarat SEABL with one import:
http://www.thecourier.com.au/story/2121110/miners-recruit-steals-the-show/?cs=67

Reply #460683 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bulleen SCM missing Scott Cuffe played Sunbury Jets D1 Men who also seemed to have a couple missing on Sunday and got up by 15-20 I think. Very positive signs from Bulleen with the import guard being very good and Jimmy Todd playing very well too.
I was actually impressed with the Sunbury team who won 2 qtrs but struggled to contain Lester in the half court. Might be a contender in Div 1 this season.

Reply #460695 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

New Big V promo, like the music.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0W9dpMbeMQ

Reply #460701 | Report this post

Pie thrower  
Years ago

McKinnon retain the Cougar Cup. Got both mens games very easily but lost the womens.

What was the result of the friendship games down @ the Bool?

Reply #460737 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mckinnon women lost by 25, Youth men won by 39 and the men won by 10. Games went according to ranking you would say.

Reply #460738 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Seahawks won by 5 points Saturday and again by 5 points on Sunday.
Both games down to the wire and could of gone either way.

Reply #460758 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

has warrnambool got an import this season?

Reply #460797 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

2. Both played.

Reply #460823 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gainey and Cunningham don't count..

Reply #460826 | Report this post

!  
Years ago

That is great for Pakenham to drop by only 5 points against a top D1 side. Going to be a year to remember for Ryan Rodger's crew

Reply #460867 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Warnambools new import:
http://www.standard.net.au/story/2125522/its-all-about-the-team-for-seahawks-new-import/?cs=74

Reply #460869 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Did Warnambool make finals last year or where they down the bottom?

Reply #460872 | Report this post

Melbourne Boy  
Years ago

So will they have Gainey, Cunningham, this import Stone and another?

Reply #460877 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cunningham is the coach. Gainey dropped 35 apparently in one game . Beating packenham by 5 isn't that impressive though and I expect the Seahawks to be down the bottom of the conference. Doubt warrnambool could afford 2 imports unless they have a massive outsider putting in cash.

Reply #460903 | Report this post

!  
Years ago

What do you mean not that impressive? Pakenham will win D2 and in reality should be playing D1

Reply #460928 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Shepparton will give them a run in D2 I think? They appear solid again and last year they were very good...

Reply #460929 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

if packenham played div 1 they would get beaten by 30 every week. Craigeburn and Warrnambool both should be in div 2. These two sides will be walkovers to the stronger teams this year.
Div 2 is at its weakest in terms of talent running around on the court at the moment than its ever been. Shepp with Bartlett and Wright from bendigo seabl side will carry them to the title.

Reply #460937 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Packy in Div1 you`re kidding right? win a few practice matches and think they should be up there. Win the title and then you can go up.

They don`t have the bodies or the stregth to compete at that level period.

Practice match results are just that, practice. Get over the results and stop pumping up sides from lower division who treat it like a GF vs a higher ranked side using it to put time into the lesseer like players.

Reply #460948 | Report this post

Sammy  
Years ago

Pakenham are delirious.

Keeps me entertained however

Reply #460956 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I think people overestimate the difference between leagues. There is pretty much always crossover between leagues ranked above/below each other.

Reply #460958 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Pakenham V Warnambool:
http://pakenham.starcommunity.com.au/gazette/2014-03-04/warriors-down-but-on-topp/

Reply #460960 | Report this post

Qwert  
Years ago

Look how much Pakenham improved last season under Coach Rodgers. LMAO at the peeps who put posts like the previous ones up ther. If they improve half of that this year they will smash D2 out of this universe. Agree that Shep will be good and Casey to but outside those 3 there is nobody has the team to compete with Pakenham.

People just keep bagging it will motivate the warriors to prove they should be in D1 next year.

Reply #461002 | Report this post

Pauly D  
Years ago

Why is everyone thinking sunbury are contenders? Lost to bulleen by 20? Melb Uni lost to Bulleen by 5 and most people are saying they wont make the finals....

Sunbury overrated. I would like to hear peoples cases for Altona and Blackburn too(who have also been mentioned as contenders).

Reply #461015 | Report this post

Qwert  
Years ago

'Sammy' Pakenham are delirious. You keep me entertained.

Reply #461109 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

its been more than 2 days without a press release by Pakenham. What is going on?

Reply #461134 | Report this post

FreeRun  
Years ago

so umm '!' and 'Qwert'... pakky? whats going on again?
care to explain

Reply #462257 | Report this post

#CavsNation  
Years ago

Pakenham have just opened up a free ride for Casey to take out the championship thats what!

3 Championships this year for Casey

Reply #462265 | Report this post

FreeRun  
Years ago

haha 3 championships is a bit over the top... let the youth boys get a win over keysie & warrandyte first.
also the women nor men have faced all teams... give it time and we'll see what happens

Reply #462267 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Three championships ha ha, There women I will give you that as they are legit and I am suprised they have not sent them up to D1

The men continue to play on pure emotion as per other years and will fall in a heap as soon as they get a few losses.

The youth were handed the butts on a plate by Keysborough on the weekend from what I saw with the Keysy coach sitting his starters for the final 3 quarters. There was a lot of chest beating early in the game by Casey and nothing but crickets from the bench after quarter time.

Reply #462268 | Report this post

FreeRun  
Years ago

Their men have always been young, i think last year the whole team could have played youth! Saw them at Frankston and look to have some older bodies, maybe this experience could help them mentally? who knows

the youth looked like they were just trying to compete with the noise from keysies bench but when the game got away from them they just stopped and heads dropped as keysie continued to get louder and louder, kudos to keysie, they will be tough to beat this year!

Reply #462271 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

@ cavsnation. How many championships did you win this year?

Reply #489522 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:37 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754