Anonymous
Years ago

U/18 SA metro

Have the teams been picked??? Its awfully close to the championships and haven't seen anything on basketballsa. Every other team has been picked

Topic #33864 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

they've been picked

Reply #460534 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

yeah they were selected yesterday

Reply #460544 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

anyone know who has been selected?

Reply #460551 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

yep

Reply #460554 | Report this post

pussy  
Years ago

it's basically just south adelaide, plus the two twins from woodpile

Reply #460570 | Report this post

pussy  
Years ago

and by woodpile, i mean woodville

Reply #460571 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

can someone post the team list

Reply #460579 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Madit Daniel
Ngor Daniel
Will Gleeson
Akol Deng
Nik Fassos (C)
Cale Matthews (VC)
Brad Ficken (VC)
Jacob Rigoni
Luke Surman
Brent Hank

Reply #460585 | Report this post

still laughing  
Years ago

a reasonable team, let's see if they can all play for a week without gastro or some faked injury.
no pressure boys but were all watching!!!!

Reply #460586 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

most will be alright, i reckon there will be some people in this team that won't last the week

Reply #460588 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

reasonable team but can't see them troubling the bigger teams. 5th-6th is a possibility

Reply #460591 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hows the girls team looking?

Reply #460595 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What happened to Austin Clarke?

Reply #460768 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

5th-6th would be an over achievement.

Reply #460771 | Report this post

I reckon this will end in tears, for one player anyway. It always does

Reply #460829 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow some real poppy cutters on here isn't there.

Reply #460838 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'd say more like weed killers.

Reply #460864 | Report this post

oldgoat  
Years ago

Would one day be nice to pick another side from outside the 15 and see how the head to head comes out in a best of 5.
Oh for the good ol' days when games got scrutinized every week and finals even more to see who can play under pressure and deserves a chance at selection.
But that was then....

Reply #460910 | Report this post

T  
Years ago

Austin Clarke no longer in the country. Dad is Marty, so the family's all in California now.

Reply #460913 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Simmons
Angley
Luna
Cisterno
Braidwood
Kelton
Hoare
Frisby-Smith
O'Gorman
Noble

Reply #460930 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Actually just realised

Braidwood
Kelton
Hoare

are country.

Take the other 7 with some Woodville height

Reply #460934 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

and Pontifex

Reply #460939 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

What a stupid conversation...Half of those kids didn't even try out. How is that a selection fault? O'Gorman and Pontifex both withdrew due to substantial injuries.

Cant blame selection process for some kids not being selected if they never tried out in the first place.

Reply #460942 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Pearce is in too.

Reply #460943 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If not all the best talent is going to trial must be a reason? Maybe its time to scrap trials in favour of invitation squads?Oops- then BSA and selection panel would be in the firing line, my bad!

Reply #461011 | Report this post

agree with the above - basketball should be wanting to know why kids don't want to play at the higher level - very concerning for the sport I would have thought. Apparently one player from the second list above did attend the first trial only to be told he had a "supposed" clash of sporting priorities. Maybe the sport needs to stop and think about how it manages the people involved.

Reply #461016 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

anonymous, you might want to check the forum rules about commenting on Under 18s. Some of your comments are offensive, not to mention incorrect.

Reply #461021 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe people who aren't part of conversations shouldn't be part of the hear say audience as that is how the truth becomes unrecognisable.
Clashes with other sports happens all the time at club level and frustrates the crap out of teams when making allowances for little johnny's other sports. But once you start appearing on the elite competition stage it is only right you should be only focusing on that sport as not to do so is not giving your team mates 100%. You invest 5mths of time into preparation only to get to the end carrying an injury caused by another sport and expect understanding from your team mates and coaches. They take you and then you cant give 100% for a week long tournament is it the coaches fault for selecting you or does some of the responsibility sit with the individual to do right by his team mates. Just a thought!

Reply #461023 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What have O'Gorman and Pontifex done?

Reply #461045 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

knees

Reply #461048 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

. They take you and then you cant give 100% for a week long tournament is it the coaches fault for selecting you or does some of the responsibility sit with the individual to do right by his team mates

Would be great if this as a consistent rule but it aint we have seen unfit payers selected and we have seen kids mixing two sports selected and iall in the space of 3 years. Suggest for consistency and fairness it needs to be public BSA policy not left to the whim of a coach.

Reply #461050 | Report this post

old goat 2  
Years ago

The key is finding talented kids that will play as a team. I fear too many selected only want to advance their own reputation and to hell with the State and by not having neutral coaches I'm sure it feeds the problem.

Reply #461053 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Correct- kids in footy looking for AFL draft are told that making state basketball looks good in selection process as this separate some from others.
But when it is reversed a footy player is not necessary the skill set being looked at coming the other way when looking for a talented basketball player

Reply #461058 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Basketball coaches are stupid to turn away players because of football possibilities. These kids who are playing two sports are usually faster, stronger and jump more competitively for rebounds, aren't afraid to bump a cutter or hit a big body.

Get on board and watch em baulk the key and finish layups yeah that's right finish em with a pinch of contact..

Reply #461068 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

O Lord.....good luck coaches. From the outside this whole thing already looks dysfunctional.

Reply #461121 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Not sure how you can blame coaches for footy kids who don't trial..thats just stupid. I agree they are good athletes etc but in the end aren't we trying to build elite basketballers?

Even if this is not a strong group of boys and girls, let them go and represent SA to the best of their ability.

Reply #461125 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He did trail. Was told he had to choose between state and school football because last year a kid missed stuff with club and state football.

He goes to a school where football is considered important and he would be penalised if he didn't play.

Just bad management from the coach.

Reply #461132 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

I guess perception can be reality...except in this case.I suggest you talk to the club coach where the kid is from, as he one of the state assistants and was there when it was discussed.

Reply #461135 | Report this post

Roxy  
Years ago

Not very classy annonomously bagging under 18 players. Sounds like jealous sour grapes to me.

Reply #461213 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

I just think its great that individuals cook bbqs and chaperone players ,less fortunate, to help pursue their dreams.Volunteers are heroes .And to help assist some players pay their way to past ,and the next championship, is to be commended.Some less fortunate would be lost and obviously the not, are bagging as they haven't made it.

Reply #461230 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

at the end of the day this is all elementary, it's about the kids that made the team and their ability to do the state proud. I, for one, think that each and every kid in the team will put in the hard yards when they go away and each one are deserved of their spot in that team.

Reply #461246 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

A few posts have been deleted. Future transgressions (passing opinion on U18 players, etc) will also result in deletion and bans from the site.

Naming these players (by surname only) in referencing an injury or listing inclusion in the team is OK. Commenting on their performance (positively or negatively) as players is not OK.

Reply #461284 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:11 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754