Anonymous
Years ago

Goulding Flop of the Century

Just made himself look like the biggest tool ever !!!!!! That will make world wide recognition and he wi be the biggest joke...

Topic #34104 | Report this topic

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Wow this thread came up quick!

Reply #466348 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yep can't believe he went down. Way too cocky now. Even afterwards Aylen looked really pissed off at him and warned him like a school teacher talking to a kid.

Reply #466352 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What's a centuary?

Reply #466356 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Goulding is a centaur.

Reply #466358 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

did he get the foul from the flop or got handed a teaspoon of cement?

Reply #466359 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

100 years. sorry wrong spelling. was too excited he finally showed what we've known to be going on all season, love the 3 views they showed on screen. he should be embarassed. Ervin would be loving that...

Reply #466361 | Report this post

Years ago

It would be nice if a spell-check also said, 'you are an idiot' as it popped up the redline indicator..although centaur works.. but surely....ohhhh forget it...............

Reply #466362 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

loving the boos on Goulding... deserved....

Reply #466364 | Report this post

Lucas000  
Years ago

I didn't see the first half why are they booing Goulding?

Reply #466369 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Not sure if serious....

Reply #466370 | Report this post

Lucas000  
Years ago

Is it because Ervin kneed him in the balls last game?

Reply #466371 | Report this post

King Podge  
Years ago

Goulding is a centaur? Explains why Gary's knee did soo much damage....

Reply #466372 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

I'd say so Lucas.

Reply #466375 | Report this post

Lucas000  
Years ago

Lame

Reply #466377 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

not as lame as you

Reply #466384 | Report this post

Youtube it! Please!

Reply #466393 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Lame thread

Reply #466394 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Goulding's problem may be that he has a 26 inch penis which could be causing a lot of the issues this series.

Reply #466399 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

You spelt millimetre wrong

Reply #466401 | Report this post

skud  
Years ago

"Is it because Ervin kneed him in the balls last game?"

Its because he is a flopper who if Ervin didn't make contact would have fallen to the floor. You don't stand up smiling after getting a call like that for no reason.
He also flails his head constantly for no contact, whines about not getting calls when he pushes players off him to get a shot.

He is talented but makes people lose respect for how much of an actor he is.
He should cop a huge fine for this one though, is the penalty $10,000???

Reply #466402 | Report this post

RazzieMagoo  
Years ago

The crowd was really unhappy after that.

Reply #466404 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Never seen any flop that bad.

That'll go viral.

Just... wow.

Reply #466411 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Daft thing to do! His head wasn't in the game tonight though. I think the crowd got to him. Tigers needed him to shoot it a lot more than 5 times for the game!

Its his first finals series as the go to guy though, so hopefully he'll learn from this. He's got a lot of ability and I'm looking forward to see what he can do for the Boomers later this year.

Reply #466427 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

is anyone guiding this kid?....

Reply #466431 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

No skud, the penalty for flopping isn't $10,000. Where did you get that figure from?

Reply #466432 | Report this post

Melbourne Boy  
Years ago

Anyone have a youtube link?

Reply #466436 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Skull I think he's been getting advice from Chris Paul...
www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-Qj9v62-BU

Reply #466437 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isnt a flop like that a tech foul? im pretty sure it is in the NBA, and should be if it isnt, its disgraceful, needs to be stamped out.

I think we saw tonight why guys like Gibson make Boomers teams and Goulding doesnt, Gibbo wasnt Michael Jordan or anything but played really well, contributed in many ways to his teams win, but Goulding was a negative imo.

Reply #466438 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Also why Ennis should be MVP and is way better than Goulding, look at Ennis's finals and compare them to Gouldings, Ennis is a way better and well rounded player any way, i dont think Goulding is even close, he is just a volume scorer, he is pretty damm good at it, but Ennis is a better rounded player, and a major reason his team is in the Grand Final.

Reply #466439 | Report this post

RazzieMagoo  
Years ago

Link? I wanna see a replay.

Reply #466444 | Report this post

Max Power  
Years ago

I wonder if Aryn MacMillan will upload this one on his youtube account?

Reply #466447 | Report this post

RazzieMagoo  
Years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsUSzM9ux8I

Reply #466451 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Clearly not in the same category but what about Petrie flying to the floor after the slightest of contact from Goulding in the first half? That was an almighty flop, especially when you consider the difference in size/strength between those two.

Reply #466452 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#466439 Goulding scored 37 last game and got his team one win away from the grand final with a lot less help.

He didn't play well tonight, although 36ers did a great job running 2/3 players at him each time he made a move.

Do they take stats on Goulding drawing a double and kicking to a wide open player who misses a jump shot, because Goulding did that a lot tonight.

Goulding is a great player. Ennis may well be better, although a tough game isn't probably the time to downplay his season and how much he has improved over the last few years.

Reply #466453 | Report this post

Baller3  
Years ago

6ers should do a third umpire style video replay on possible flops. Show it a few times for the crowd before putting up flop or not a flop on the screen haha.

Reply #466456 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think it's a bit rich that Adelaide fans get all over goulding when the 6ers where flopping all over the place

Reply #466459 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

In a decades time I hope more than two things stick in people's memory about this semi final series. Sadly I think Ervin's attempt to knee Goulding in the groin (after tonight I have reasonable doubt about whether Ervin made contact at all in G2) and Goulding's falling (flopping?) to the ground after brushing past Petrie while running down the court.

Two of the best players in the NBL tainted their reputations these past few days and its a pity because they are great players who had momentary lapses of judgement. Just goes to show the pressure these guys must feel. I hope both players learn from their mistakes and become better people from their experiences.

Reply #466464 | Report this post

Max Power  
Years ago

+1 Big Ads, well said.

Reply #466474 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

heal the world, make it a better place.

Reply #466502 | Report this post

D4444  
Years ago

Chestnuts obviously.

Reply #466508 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

I just dont understand what Goulding was thinking. Your one of the best pure shooters the country has produced in the last 15 years, let your game do the talking. Gaze, Maher, maybe not so much Heal, but the great shooters never flopped so blatantly, and for this, Goulding will find it hard next season to get as many 50/50 calls, the refs saw the replay in the timeout and were pissed. Goulding was immediatley regretting what he did, he knew it looked bad on the TV, dumb move by anotherwise great player. And when you look back on careers, things like these are what critics use to determine who was better then who.

Well done champ, you screwed the pooch on that one, bet he cant get out of Adleiade quick enough!

Reply #466516 | Report this post

nailna3  
Years ago

perhaps the NBL tossers should sit for another tribunal hearinh of bringing the game into disrepute. the slightest touch n he goes down.
integrity? nah.....none

Reply #466523 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

The way I see it is, you can either flop/fall to the ground or you can get up in the guys grill...whichever way you lean says a lot about your character, regardless of pressure.

Ervins actions were wrong but the guy is passionate and a fighter....Goulding on the other hand, well...

Reply #466531 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Goulding scored 37 last game and got his team one win away from the grand final with a lot less help.
Quality import centre, Boomers PF, solid option in Walker, league's assist leader - yeah, that's a poor starting group. Import off the bench, Ballinger (15ish in SF1) too and the captain Greer.
He didn't play well tonight, although 36ers did a great job running 2/3 players at him each time he made a move.
Once the crowd rattled him, he spent half his time in the corner with Gibson waiting for him to move. Tigers at times double and triple teamed Schenscher even, plus anyone penetrating - that's what D does.

Goulding was booed in the first half because it would put him off his game. Crowds don't need much of an excuse to find someone to target. He was booed in the second half because he flopped. The crowd was very effective.

Perth fans will ride Adelaide too, and Adelaide fans will go after Perth players in G2. It's how it is.

Reply #466561 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

"Goulding was booed in the first half because it would put him off his game. Crowds don't need much of an excuse to find someone to target. He was booed in the second half because he flopped. The crowd was very effective."

I think that about sums it up. I believe the initial boos were to put him off his game and to upset him as Melbourne rely on him for everything. As you note Isaac, the Melbourne team has a pile of individual talent. The claims of him head butting and doing things off the ball don't go down well, but I think that just added to the initial fire and once a few people started booing, the "snowball effect" happened.

As soon as he flopped after brushing Peach, well that's when the crowd respect evaporated, particularly when the replay showed it for what it was.

With professional sport being 99% mental, a crowd can do wonders for their team. I actually think Chris Goulding is a superbly talented player and considering the NBL players voting him the best shooter, obviously has a lot of respect from the players themselves. Talent is just 1%. There are plenty of former players in any sport who had the talent to be world champions, keeping the right mindset under all circumstances is the thing that makes world champions.

Reply #466581 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Isn't it traditional for the most parochial crowds to find someone to target and single them put for booing the entire game? You don't need a logical and valid excuse - just pick your target and boo him. That's your job as a fan.

Reply #466584 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agree with the sentiments, Goulding has damaged his brand some what over both issues, it certainly clouds the severity of the groin strike impact, now people are asking did he milk that one too??

He is as others have pointed out a supreme athlete and Basketballer, he doesn't need to do these kinds of things.

Second to that he has shown some chinks in his armour by allowing the crowd to impact him, mental toughness and resilience are just as important in big games as is ability.

Reply #466585 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"As soon as he flopped after brushing Peach, well that's when the crowd respect evaporated, particularly when the replay showed it for what it was."

Evaporated? There was no respect.

You clowns are so one eyed. OPEN YOUR EYES.

Reply #466588 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

I thought the shot of the night was Goulding sitting on the bench watching the replay and burying his head in the towel when he saw how bad it looked (his reaction is cut off the end of the Youtube video).

At least Petrie's flop was an exaggerated reaction to the contact, not that that looked too good on replay either.

Reply #466609 | Report this post

Uncle Phil  
Years ago

Agree with Isaac's comments regarding the booing of Goulding. I don't get what people are complaining about, the home fans who pay for their tickets have every right to boo an opposition player to put them off their game. Goulding has always played with a bit of attitude and I think it's great to have players like him in the NBL but it does mean he is more likely to be targeted by opposition crowds, especially considering he is his teams best player also. Melbourne fans complaining about this probably don't understand considering there is minimal atmosphere at Tigers home games and a much less vocal crowd than Adelaide, which is one reason why Adelaide's home court provides a much bigger advantage.

Goulding unfortunately for Melbourne did let the crowd get to him. The best players will thrive on that sort of crowd treatment and play better (see Reggie Miller at MSG). However Goulding is still young and I am sure he will mature and deal with this sort of crowd treatment in the future

Reply #466611 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cameras everywhere at this level, are they just plain stupid or what?

Reply #466616 | Report this post

ShaneD  
Years ago

(shrugg)

Any Player who provokes passion through something that is perceived as harmful to the club, our chances of winning or disrepectful will usually get the sustained "Boo" the home crowd. We are passionate and have always thought of ourselves as an extra team member at home games.. not just spectators.

Thnking back a little:

Bradtke - starts perfoming amazingly well, becomes the Sixers fave Son then decided to take an offer at Melbourne. Result - Consistent Boo's every time he touched the ball to ensure he is aware of the level of fan disapproval.

Heal - Acts like a twat on court, makes the crowd vocal, he subsequently gives the crowd the middle finger on existing the game. Result - Consistent Boo's every time he touches the ball to ensure he is aware of the level of fan disapproval.

Goulding - Hams up and acts out every piece of contact against him, acts like a smart-arse, headbuts seemingly at-will, strives to ensure key opposition player gets suspended for a deciding finals game, keeps up the act of pretending to have been seriously injured and then uses it to blatently try to get another opposition player in trouble in what was the most blatant and shameful act of flopping I think has ever been encountered in NBL history and an act of flopping that would even be laughed at in Soccer Result - Consistent Boo's every time he touches the ball to ensure he is aware of the level of fan disapproval.

Agree or Disagree with fan's reactions - we need make no apologies for having a passionate voice that contributes to the intensity of the game in our own house.

Reply #466637 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

While I agree with everything in the above post...Patty Mills' flop against Cairns during that brief period he was with the Tigers is far and away the worst flop in NBL history

Reply #466740 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:37 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754