anon
Years ago

Joey's comments on Cadee

What are everyones thoughts on Joey's comments on Jason Cadee on Adelaide Now..
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/basketball/jason-cadee-can-be-one-of-the-best-players-in-the-league-says-adelaide-36ers-coach-joey-wright/story-fnii09ki-1226872938646

Topic #34136 | Report this topic

Silencer83  
Years ago

Puff piece to try and convince Cadee to not go home to Sydney next year.

Reply #467092 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cadee needs to play consistently more aggressive and with more focus.

He looks great when he drives to the hoop but doesn't do it consistently.

I would also like to see him play a more aggressive point guard role and look to run the team more (resulting in more assists for him).

He has the potential but has to put more work in.

Reply #467099 | Report this post

SamCro  
Years ago

Cadee will never be one of the best players in the NBL. As stated above needs to add consistency & continuity to his game on a weekly basis. He played great in Game 3 Vs Tigers but then everyone (36er players) looked like NBA All Stars in the 2nd half when the Tigers threw in the towel.

Reply #467102 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

..only moderate with ervin and gibson,but pretty good when one of them was out

Reply #467105 | Report this post

Phil  
Years ago

cadee is still only very very young. i think will toe the line between potential and realized potential for maybe 2 more seasons. i fully expect him to be an elite nbl level player with in the next 3-4 seasons. its the way it goes in the nbl. young players usually dont get let off the leash and take awhile to step up unless your a super talented freak like newley and similar talents like him.

Reply #467113 | Report this post

clarky  
Years ago

People only need to look at his performance from the World Uni Games to see the potential that he has and the level that he can play at. He was one of the focal points of that team, and without him on that roster there is no way that team would have made it through to the gold medal game - he carried them through both of their finals matches.

As much as I love having him on the Sixers roster and love what he brings to the team, in order for him to be one of the top Aussie PG's in this league, he needs to move to a team that won't have him saddled on the bench behind and import and a Boomer.
If he was to move somewhere that needs a PG and is willing to let him run the team (taking the good with the bad as he develops) then I don't see any reason why he couldn't become one of the better PG's in the NBL.

Reply #467129 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Should he return home I would be sad to see him leave. The Club needs to find him a local girlfriend to entice him to stay.

Reply #467135 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Seems a bit much on the surface, but at his peak(s), Rhys Martin has been mentioned in or near the elite tier of point guards with Martin, Gibson, etc.

Martin has five years on Cadee. Is it out of the question for Cadee to lock in a three point shot and show more aggression? He seems pretty quick and with court smarts to me, as though he reads the play well. Could happen I guess.

Reply #467137 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Cadee is right in the middle between starting level PG and back up PG and really needs that extra responsibility on a consistent basis to develop his skills more and he's never going to get that behind an import and boomer PG... He's shown both internationally and locally that when given the time, he can perform, it's just that he's not quite ready to take the full reins yet... Perhaps to work in tandem with another top level Aussie PG and be first off the bench and be able to spread the minutes with another top level SG could be just the ticket for him...

Reply #467182 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Ervin doesnt stick around, would people want us to start with Gibson and Cadee and have Rhys Carter as the first guard off the bench and a import swingman who can help out in the guard rotation if need be,

Frees up the import spot for a big like Wilkinson if Johnson leaves.

PG Cadee/Teys or Daly
SG Gibson/Carter (both can play pg if needed)
SF Import (D.Thomas mould can play mins at sg,sf,pf)/Creek
PF Petrie/Anthony
C Johnson or import/Schenscher

I wouldnt mind seeing that personally, but wouldnt let Ervin go if he wants to stick around just to give Cadee the minutes either.

Reply #467192 | Report this post

skud  
Years ago

I think it is fairly accurate and a good assessment of where Cadee is at. He definitely steps up when Gibson or Ervin is out of the team but he needs to make that happen in every game and start to demand the ball more.
The only thing I don't know is if its in his character to take control.

Reply #467217 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

Would be fascinated to see his player points rating next season as I'm sure there will be just as many saying he is too good to be THAT low as people saying he is too high

Reply #467227 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He wont be here one of the reasons he came to the 6ers in the first place was to get away from Joey.

Reply #467238 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Has all the potential to be a super star just needs a coach to have the faith in him and give him the minutes rather than just talking him up in the media.
Joey has always seemed to be very hard on Cadee and as was said above was a major reason in why he left the Blaze in the first place. When he has been given the opportunity he has flourished and shown just how good he can be.

Id bet plenty that he will be in Sydney next year partnered with an import combo guard.

Reply #467262 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Wouldnt bother me too much if Cadee left and we kept Carter in his place.

For others, you'll be hard pressed to find an import as good as Ervin for the cash he is on (he took a pay cut to play with the Sixers).

From all reports Ervin is happy here and wouldn't mind staying...does the club, Joey agree?

Sixers biggest problem will be getting a replacement for DJ and a SF who has the ability to spread the floor and attack the basket.

Reply #467266 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yea i wouldnt be surprised to see Cadee get the starting gig in Sydney or somewhere, so cant blame him for going if he does, id probably rather have ERvin/import and Gibson as our starting guards so thats just the way it goes, I wont be against Cadee for leaving,

which makes us retaining Carter more important to keep the guard depth and then we can fill out the rotation with a guy like Daly or Teys.

Will be interesting to see where Creek, Cadee, Schenscher end up to be honest, i reckon all will get starting gigs offered to them around the league, hopefully the 36ers can keep atleast 1 or 2 of these guys, my priorities would be Creek and Schenscher (even more important if DJ ends up in Europe) to be honest.

Reply #467269 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

If DJ goes Wilkinson is the perfect option for mine.

Wilkinson/Schenscher
Petrie/Anthony
Creek/Teys
Gibson/Carter
Import/Daly

Reply #467272 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yea i dont mind that line up Paul.

I personally hope Ervin sticks around, always been a fan of his game and works well next to Gibbo.

Reply #467276 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

BTW, I didn't put Cadee in there because I think he should and will move on next year. We won't see the best from him until he has more responsibility.

I think in a three-guard rotation with Madgen and a combo import in Sydney would be a good fit, but I also wonder whether he could be very effective with Wollongong.

Reply #467291 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Do him and Joey not get along?
Why did he move away from Joey?

Reply #467299 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Cadee has proved himself when given a chance but I can't help thinking that if he stays on at sixers he won't progress any further. I wouldn't mind seeing him at Sydney

Reply #467301 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Cadee moved on from Joey and the Gold Coast for more opportunity.

He probably does require more court time to progress but can and will the Sixers provide that opportunity now they have garnered some success....especially when they can retain someone like Carter who is happy to come off the bench?

Best for both parties if he moves on imo.

Reply #467376 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

..bruton here then maybe, depending on who's going,staying,starting etc

Reply #467424 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cadee need to leave Joey for a fresh start to his career. He's played with Gibbo, Ervin and both haven't help him and coached by Joey at 2 teams but hasn't progress in his development. Once touted as a Boomer, now he is at the cross roads of deciding to stay at Adelaide as the 3rd guard or leave to re-establish his NBL credibility.

It's time to go.. IMO

Reply #470181 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:26 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754