Years ago

Are drums allowed at Adelaide Arena?

or any other percussion items ?

Topic #34172 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

NO

Adelaide Arena banned horns drums, etc.

Booing worked on Goulding, cheering fans and heckling is all that is needed, only 1 loss all season to Sydney, i think the fans have it covered...

Reply #468101 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

damnnnn so no horns??

Reply #468103 | Report this post

nailna3  
Years ago

if I can find my old original Clipsal clappers, look out to the people sitting near me

Reply #468116 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

So stupid. Should follow the college/euro path. Big bands, horns and drums!

Reply #468124 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nat, one day if you have a family or get old you will know why they are banned, in fairness for all supporters. Move on, it is what it is. Most fans happy to have it like it is.

Reply #468126 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I agree Nat. To accommodate for the fans who don't like it have designated supporters areas where those items are allowed.

Reply #468128 | Report this post

Years ago

What about banners? Or big heads

Reply #468141 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

There is plenty of room on the floor at the western end of the stadium. The band only needs to play loud during quarter breaks and timeouts.

Reply #468142 | Report this post

Max Power  
Years ago

If its to loud you are to old...bring in the drums.

Reply #468153 | Report this post

cats 4 life  
Years ago

Ervin loves horns

Reply #468162 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

By all means bring an orchestra into an enclosed stadium like they do in the USA college games, great atmosphere and people actually get to enjoy it, plus they have a designated area, you won't end up directly in front of them.

Compare this to being stuck in front of some buffoon blowing an obnoxious sounding horn directly into your ear all game, really, patron ends up with a head ache and not returning to the next game!

Great to ban these things from closed stadiums, but I would like to see any sanctioned or coordinated and controlled effort that is approved and in a space of their own considered, that is another story.

And, yes at 50+ I could be considered old...

Reply #468213 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

I agree with Paul. Bring them and have them in certain areas.

If it's too loud, maybe a sporting event isn't your cup of tea.

Reply #468239 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Exactly there is a big difference between a trained brass player and a moron huffing into a vuvuzela.

Reply #468240 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And it being mid court and not in your ear all night. Let me know where you all are and I will gladly come and blow my brass instrument in your ear and you will quickly change your mind. Why do you need to even persist with this. this season has been successful for home games with only one loss with plenty of noise...…. Pretty narrow minded and childish to say that if you can't handle a horn in your ear then sporting events are not your cup of tea…. SERIOUSLY… They are banned, end of story.. go and enjoy the game and have a voice….

Reply #468251 | Report this post

Poker  
Years ago

Adelaide fans. Fighting within :)

Reply #468280 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No fighting within, a difference of opinion. I'm sure at every stadium there are some that like what others don't. healthy Adult debate and banter...……. Not everything has to be sugar coated…..

Reply #468285 | Report this post

Jodiechrist  
Years ago

Travelling Adelaide fans seem to make a habit of bringing horns and other noisemakers to away games. May as well do it at your home games too and share the headache.

Reply #468304 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pathetic policies by most NBL arenas that needs to be changed by the new HQ! You barely even see signs at games anymore.

Reply #468651 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:38 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754