Anonymous
Years ago

Player of the Match G2

Gibbo without a doubt...

Topic #34227 | Report this topic

Maxymoo  
Years ago

I think it's Gibbo - the shots he hit were at vital times in the game.

Kudos to Ervin too, fought back well.

Reply #469310 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Gibson

Reply #469313 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

daylight

Reply #469328 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ervin first half

Gibbo didn't let them lose in the second half. Each time Perth made a run Gibbo hit a massive shot.

Reply #469330 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Ervin set up the lead early. Then Gibbo kept us in the lead in the middle quarters. Then Ervin finished it off.
Gibbo was probably the best though.

Reply #469385 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

From my POV, Gibbo was a cold blooded killer last night

Reply #469387 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Ervin initiated the pace early. When Gibson started running the show in the 3rd quarter, we slowed down and executed a lot more poorly.

Lucky Gibson did hit those shots, because we weren't moving man and ball in the halfcourt and weren't running in transition.

I personally think that DJ three to make it 5-0 settled him down a bit. That clang free throw to finish the and-one said to me that he was quite nervous to start the game.

Reply #469391 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Gibson was sensational, running the show in the first half, hitting shots in the second half, playing great D throughout. He really has matured into a gun, so much better than the player who arrived in Adelaide.

Reply #469428 | Report this post

Poker  
Years ago

"so much better than the player who arrived in Adelaide."

I don't think so. Gibson has been a star for a long time. Open the other eye. lol

Reply #469432 | Report this post

Poker  
Years ago

Oh, let me guess.....

Joey Wright is a better coach now than he was....and let's not forget Cadee. lol

Reply #469435 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Umm, no. Gibson is much more comfortable taking big shots, is a better ball handler, better finishing on the drive, a better leader and has more tricks using the ball screen (hesitations etc).

Watch some tapes of him on the Gold Coast and compare to now, he has come on in leaps and bounds for mine with the extra responsibility, extra work he has put in and extra maturity as he gets older.

Reply #469437 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gibbo, besides being a great player, played a true captain's game and ensured we didn't go down when there were times we could've, e.g. that period in last quarter when we couldn't hit anything.

Ervin does some great things, but his poor decision making at times puts us in trouble.

Reply #469454 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:53 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754