Simon Pritchard and the Lightning??

Firstly I think signing Jeremi Moule is a great move by the Lightning. He has well paid his due's and great to see he is finally getting his opportunity.

HOWEVER saying that what much more does Simon Pritchard have to do to get the gig?

He has won countless CABL/State League championships both as a coach and player over the past 20 years. WOn National Championships at Jnr level, also an Australian Coach and known as one of the best coaches in the State.

Assistant coach for the lightning for the last few years, has the respect of the girls and most of the girls would stay and play for him, no doubt about it. (that as half of them are in his CABL team ) :p

Is it because he doesn't suck up to Vince and Angela???

Topic #34274 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

no its because he writes posts like this...

Reply #470610 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I guess he had to suck up to het all those other positions. So he should be pretty good at it.

Winning cabl titles when your club openly admits it is paying more than every other club counts for nothing.

Reply #470613 | Report this post

SamCro  
Years ago

I believe your last sentence summed it all up Boti South of Adelaide. Simon's fate was also sealed when he decided to walk away when Peter Buckle was fired. Under the current ownership of the Lightning that move would have been frowned upon 'big time'. I would like to think under new ownership in the 'near future' Simon may get another chance with the Lightning, possibly as a Head Coach.

Reply #470614 | Report this post

Burning flame  
Years ago

Thanks for post SImon. Apart from stacked teams what has he acheived as a coach? Seriously we know you are good, you tell us but one the better coaches in the State, only you would believe that!

Reply #470635 | Report this post

Harry Hopeless  
Years ago

Sour grapes Burning Flame. Simon doesn't sing his own praises

Reply #470870 | Report this post

Years ago

Simon won't get head coach especially if new owner is Chris Lucas .

Reply #470880 | Report this post

Smithers  
Years ago

Pritchard offered AC position at Townsville under Lucas and offered AC position at GB under Buckle

Reply #471095 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hope he takes the GB one under Buckle...Townsville is way too close...

Reply #471256 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:33 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754