Isaac
Years ago

2014 WC1 Thunder-Grizzlies series thread

Grizzlies have made it 1-1 with a win at OKC. Durant had a questionable four-point play near the end of regulation before Perkins had a put-back to help the Thunder to overtime. Perkins fouled out, Gasol fouled out. Then Memphis held on for a deserved (IMO) win.

Your tips from here?

Topic #34300 | Report this topic

AK-47  
Years ago

I don't think there was too much that was questionable about the Durant 4 point play. Just a good heads up move from KD and lot of bad luck for Gasol.

I picked the OKC 4-2 at that start of the series and I'm sticking with that. I think we come back to OKC with it locked at 2-2 and then OKC will close it out from there. Would not be surprised to see it go to 7 though. OKC would been spewing when Memphis knocked off Dallas in the last game of the regular season to take 7th seed.

Reply #471272 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeh only thing questionable about the foul is how the hell did it go in? Was definetly a foul! Thunder in 6

Reply #471297 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Thunder need one of the next two which I think they will. Thunder 4-3.

Reply #471302 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Still got OKC.

They simply had a bad game today.

Memphis, on the other hand, shot 49.5% from the field and had a great game yet they still had to grind out an OT win.

Reply #471310 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

OKC scraped through Game 1 and missed out Game 2. This should be their easiest matchup and on their home court. Scott Brooks has been too concerned with building a superstar in Durant by playing him in 40+ minutes right up until the last game of reg season when any normal coach would be ensuring that their team is well rested and protected from injury for playoffs.

Reply #471327 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

OKC did not scrape home in game 1.

They won by 14, won three quarters by +13, +9 and +10.

They dominated for 36-38 minutes of the game.

Reply #471343 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Shame Gasol got hurt and the Grizzlies slipped so far down the standings.

I think they are the 3rd best team in the West, but probably won't get past the first round.

Reply #471373 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Like I said, OKC are done. Too much focus on reg season.

Reply #471571 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

If they lose game 4 OKC are done imo can't see them winning 3 straight to close out series

Reply #471575 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I know everyone is a Westlake fan, but as with many teams, a great player does not always make a great team.. Preferred their play when Westy was out.. Sorry guys, truth hurts....

Reply #471616 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:41 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754