Clips
Years ago

Your Starting 5 non all stars

So i thought id throw this out there.
whats your starting 5 non all stars?

try and consider all things needed to be a succesfull nba team. Play making, scoring, Defense, rim protection etc.

here it goes

PG - Mike Conley
SG - Ben Mclemore
SG - Rudy Gay
PF - Marcin Gortat
C - Deandre Jordan

Conley brings decent play making ability and penetration to the rack. decent defense for a PG heavy league and a good floor general

Mclemore has good length at the 2 spot and is the sharpshooter

Gay is the go to scorer and has good length at the 3, shoots a decent mid range and 3 point %

Gortat is the big body down low that takes up space and is the post scorer and decent rebounder

jordan is the rebounding master and ultimate rim protector.

so thats my 5 and my reasons why.

whats yours?

fire away

Topic #34439 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Delly
Mills
Kyrie
Baynes
Bogut

Contenders.

Reply #473987 | Report this post

Clips  
Years ago

if you mean kyrie irving hes a 2 time all star.

Reply #473988 | Report this post

Melbourne Boy  
Years ago

PG. Goran Dragic
SG. Aaron Afflalo
SF. Chandler Parsons
PF. Andre Drummond
C. DeAndre Jordan

Dragic as the all round PG who can create for all and work the NBA pick n roll game with 2 guys who catch any lob thrown within 8 feet of the hoop.

Afflalo and Parsons excellent 3 pt shooters to space the floor and are excellent defenders.

Jordan and Drummond would provide the best rebounding and rim protecting combo in the NBA, and both run the floor. Channing Frye is my 6th man for if you want another shooter to space the floor at the 4 spot.

This team defensively match up better than any current team in the league, and would be perfect for the analytics freaks as it would be all dunks and 3's on offense.

Reply #473990 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

1 - Matthew Dellavedova
2 - Patty Mills
3 - Kawhi Leonard
4 - Steve Adams
5 - Chris Andersen

Okay I have gone with two Aussies who can creat play and shoot from anywhere on the floor. What I may lose defensively I will gain in smarts and the underdog tag!

I have chosen a kiwi who get on everyone's goat and is very under rated as the 4 man, who can defend a 5, plus I have the tattooed phenomenon 'Bird Man' in my team to stir the pot.

My 3 man is no doubt a future star and his making a name for himself with the Spurs this post season, he can shoot, drive and do anything, he is my team's 'Superman'.

If my team loses a game they will eat the ball!

Reply #473993 | Report this post

Choppy Galopy  
Years ago

Oh Leonard at 22. Watch him when Pop gives the green light.

Reply #474011 | Report this post

Keany  
Years ago

-Kyle Lowery
-Eric Bledsoe
-Kawhi Leonard
-Serge Ibaka
-Al Jefferson

Sixth man- lance stevenson

Reply #474015 | Report this post

hoopie  
Years ago

Good thread, Clips.

Sad not seeing Manu G in there, but at his age he's not exactly the excitement machine that a lot of the others are.

Reply #474044 | Report this post

celtic green  
Years ago

Lowery
Bledsoe/Dragic (can run either after what Phoenix did)
Kawhi Leonard
Ibaka
Big Al (I might be biased because he is an ex Boston guy and I have a soft spot for low post guys)

Reply #474122 | Report this post

Kris  
Years ago

Thanks hoopie,

And yes Manu is a good choice, it was hard to choose my shooting guard I had Manu, lance, reddick and mclemore to choose from.

I just felt I needed length and pure shooting so I went with mclemore, although a rookie (and going back to Kansas next season as far as in aware) he's got game and will be a very solid player in the future.

Melbourne boy, I like your team but having 2 players with mid to low 40% FT shooting on the front lline would be a huge downfall

Reply #474284 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:25 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754