LC
Years ago

2014 NBA Draft: Where will Exum & Bairstow Land?

So with less than 12 hours until the draft, where will the Aussies go?

I predict Exum to the 76ers at #3 (although I hope it is #4 to Magic), and Bairstow to the Suns at #50 even though I would prefer him to go #58 or #60 to the Spurs.

Topic #34761 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Exum #3 to the Sixers, Bairstow undrafted I hope so he has more options to make a summer league team and a roster for training camp.

Reply #480303 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Exum at 3-4 Bairstow un drafted

Reply #480304 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Rumours of Cleveland trading down so Exum could land there.

He shouldn't go any higher than 4, but could fall as low as 8 or 9. Hopefully he doesn't land in a black hole franchise.

Don't see Bairstow getting drafted.

Reply #480306 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Cavs have apparently requested a last-second workout with Exum which makes me think they're seriously considering trading their pick to pick from a few spots down the board. Surely they wouldn't take him #1?

A trade with the 76ers? 76ers have #3 and #10. Cavs could get Young as a PF where they're thin, plus Exum or Embiid and still have a pick to go.

If not there, after solid workouts with other teams, then you'd think he's off the board by about 5-6 or a comfortable blind pick? Maybe it's the trade with the Magic for their picks and Afflalo, with a view to taking one of Embiid or Exum?

Or Utah to pick up Favors and one of the two?

That Embiid injury has mixed things up spectacularly.

...it's unlikely Exum would travel to Cleveland in order to workout for the Cavs at the last minute unless he was assured that it would be worth his while.

From Bill Simmons:
Someone who entered Australian basketball witness protection one year ago (Dante Exum) and chose to avoid all competitive situations over playing college basketball somehow climbed into the top four.

Reply #480312 | Report this post

Rav  
Years ago

Sounds like the Cavs have traded the number 1 pick to Orlando.
Chad Ford had the following comment on twitter 4 mins ago.

"Sources: Cavs were calling around offering teams Orlando's picks at 4 & 12 for players last night. Interesting"

Link:
https://twitter.com/intent/user?screen_name=chadfordinsider&original_referer=http://espn.go.com/nba/

As a magic fan, I don't like this trade if it's Afflalo, Pick 4 & Pick 12 for the number 1 pick. It's a deep draft with lots of talent.

Reply #480317 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

From Chad Ford again:

Magic would take Jabari at 1 I'm told. But deal isn't done. Cavs were just gauging value of 4th & 12th pick. Sixers also upping offer for 1

Reply #480319 | Report this post

sitiveni  
Years ago

Wow this is interesting news. I love the NBA draft, we are having most of the day off tomorrow with all our BBall staff heading up to the roof of our office with our big TV set up, BBQ and drinks on ice. So happy all our staff are Miami fans while im a spurs fan.

Interested to know what everyone else does for Draft day or are we the only crazy's that put on a function for draft day

Reply #480322 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Dante Exum has declined to fly to Cleveland for a workout today according to a source
Afflalo has been dealt to the Nuggets, ruling out that original trade offer.

Reply #480325 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Exum to Philly.
Bairstow to spurs, highly underrated player in the draft in my opinion.

Reply #480326 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bairstow apparently had some great workouts. I personally have the Bulls taking him at #49 but I wouldn't be surprised if he did end up going undrafted.

Exum's going 3/4 imo. If be some freak of nature he doesn't the Jazz, Celtics or Lakers will catch him quickly.

Reply #480327 | Report this post

Moneyballer  
Years ago

When does it actually start

Reply #480330 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Wouldn't be the craziest thing to see the Cav's take him...they have a habit of reaching in the draft.

No reason for the owrkout otherwise unless they are trading down to 3 or 4

Reply #480333 | Report this post

Rav  
Years ago

Afflola avg 18pts a game last season, surely he is worth more than Fournier and a second-rounder pick (No. 56 overall).

ESPN gave the following Trade Grades.
Nuggets - B+
Magic - C

I would of gave the Magic a D for that trade.

Reply #480334 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Apparently 76ers have offered three first round picks for the #1. Desperate for Wiggins.

Reply #480336 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

What time in Melbourne does it kickoff?

Reply #480337 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think it starts in 20-50 minutes. Grantland say 20, but I thought it started 8pm Eastern and it's 7:20 in NYC.

Reply #480339 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

ESPN saying maybe Gordan at #4, Exum potentially at #5?

We have Dante Exum going 4 to Orlando. But hearing Aaron Gordon strongly in the mix there at 4. If Magic take Gordon, imagine Jazz go Exum

Reply #480340 | Report this post

fstos  
Years ago

Watching it here if anyone is interested.

http://gofirstrow.eu/watch/266853/1/watch-the-nba-draft-2014.html

Reply #480343 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Exum would fit well into Phil Jacksons system especially in the future, so there's a chance the Knicks could trade up for him?!

Reply #480346 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Reply #480350 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:18 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754