Moneyballer
Years ago

Gary Ervin to the Kings

Heard from a good source that G-Money is heading to Sydney. Damian Cotter was a big fan of him last season apparently.

Topic #34771 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

cool, will be great to have Ervin in the league, was hoping the 36ers would keep him, but appear to have chosen Wilson instead.

Reply #480524 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Over rated

Reply #480532 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

I'm torn... I don't like the douche that he appears to be on court, but I like the idea of how he plays... I wish we could get a younger version of him, a NYC PG with great handles and a "sassy attitude" (yeah, that's right, I said Sassy...) without me having to get over my dislike of him to then turn into one of those "he's ok when he's on my team" players... Actually, I would prefer the next coming of Dmac... Amazing passing ability and a calm coolness that was above all that bullshit that GE tends to get caught up in...

Plus Gary had at least two run ins with Garlepp last season and a great game late in the season when Madge was really giving it to him... Really not sure how much of that could be left on the court... I know they're all professionals, but when a dude is a dick, he's a dick, and as we saw with A. Bruce, the wrong types of people can be a cancer to the team...

I very much hope that the Kings wouldn't be chucking a lot of cash at him, either... A proven performer in the NBL (at times) but I just am not sure how he'd fit in with the culture that they're looking to build...

Reply #480537 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wouldn't put too much stock in this rumour. They've been looking at him for the last couple of seasons but he's never really been a chance. They'll be looking at the D-League and NBA summer camps first before even considering him. There's a lot of baggage that comes with Ervin and as has been said he's not well liked by some members of the current Kings roster so it would be surprising if they went with him, despite his talent.

Don't forget that Cotter has been in Opals camp the last couple of weeks anyway so hasn't even gotten into import selection yet. Wouldn't expect any announcements until late July at the earliest on that front.

Reply #480540 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

there is a reason he's been to 3 teams and only lasted 1yr!

Reply #480558 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Ervin confirmed he is headed to Syd on twitter

Reply #480566 | Report this post

Lawsy  
Years ago

Wow- we tried to get him a few years back but he was asking too much $$... I'm not sold on him to be honest- but he's an upgrade over Jesse....

The next import better be bloody good

Reply #480570 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

@OzBallPnR @SydneyKings @NBL yea I'm signing and win gonna win it all lol

Reply #480571 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Didnt everyone love Jesse last season. He was shit, this is a huge upgrade for the Kings!

Reply #480578 | Report this post

ashman  
Years ago

Kings just tweeted they haven't signed Gary, that they are conducting an extensive search for their imports

Reply #480594 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

lol... looks like we discounted the strength of Gary's "lol" at the end of his tweet... thank the Gods for that!

Reply #480606 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Yep - he back tracked pretty quick! :)

But could the Kings actually use him perhaps?

Reply #480607 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Kings want nothing to do with him. Stupid rumour picked up and acted upon by a silly blogger on Twitter, who embarrassed himself and proved his blog - and opinion - is essentially worthless.

Reply #480624 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

If Cotter had his way Kings would go with an all Aussie import.

Reply #480632 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

What's an "all Aussie import"?

Reply #480667 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

It's 2 all beef Patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickled onions, mayo, on a sesame seed bun, with a slice of beetroot

Reply #480668 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Mmm... can't forget the beetroot...

My guess would be a top level Aussie player? Unfortunately, no more of those to fill the PG spot, and those that could fill the SF spot would be well out of reach...

Still, very happy to have dodged the Ervin bullet...

Reply #480700 | Report this post

Keany  
Years ago

This is a little off topic but did anyone see that Adam Ballinger got released by Melbourne, Any chance he might go back to the gong?

Reply #480772 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Too risky IMO. Too many injury niggles and too old. Would need to come cheaply for it to work.

Reply #480791 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:43 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754