Anonymous
Years ago

25 team points in a CABL game

Is that the lowest ever score

Should Centrals get a new coach

Topic #34945 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pretty low. And they had been doing so well considering their lack of ability. They did play North who are sitting second.
Any info on other games?

Reply #483836 | Report this post

Lack of info  
Years ago

I assume this is the womens team?

Reply #483850 | Report this post

red48  
Years ago

In answer to the original post:

1. Probably

2. Yes

Reply #483860 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hang on! Isnt kb coaching them? Surely they cant get better than kb?!?! The problem is what happens when kb tells centrals enough is enough and leaves. Then what????

Typical centrals. Something goes right and they find a way to stuff it up. In this case they get kb and they cant recruit/develop the players for him to coach. Happens time and time again.

Reply #483864 | Report this post

red48  
Years ago

864, what do you know about KB's coaching ability? I'm not asking you about his CV because we all know where he's coached. I'm asking if you know anything about his actual ability to coach.

Reply #483870 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just cos you could play doesn't mean you can coach, there is another former NBL player coaching in this league on the men's side that looks out of his depth also

Reply #483871 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hawkes?

Reply #483872 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ad another one

Reply #483877 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just coz your club can buy players doesn't mean you can coach

Reply #483879 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And so it begins... was waiting for it.

Reply #483880 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

A very negative post from anon 864. Sounds like you are a former disgruntled player/coach/JDO/CD.

I think the whole thing needs to be put into perspective.
The team is a very young team with the average age about 18 - 19 and with a few underage players as well. It is the youngest squad in the CABL.
The team has little experience at CABL level and has the least CABL games played of any squad. Certainly no WNBL experience.
The team appears to have a lot of interruptions this season. It's hard to find two games where the playlist is exactly the same. Could be injury. Talking to KB early in the season he said he was going to give a number of girls a go.

Performance wise, there are some areas that the team could work on in the off season IMO:
* Shooting%. Full season they are 30% FG and 59% FT. Good teams can shoot the ball and shoot it well under pressure.
* Shots on goal: Average of 62.8 FGA/game is less than the CABL average.
* Turnovers: Average 24.6/game. Obvious need to understand if this is due to poor passing, or ball carrying. Are there ball hogs who don't pass out when the trap is applied? Are passes made to contests instead of free players? A turnover can be a 4 point play. You missed a score, but they score.
* TR's: Getting 25.8/game, but other teams getting more. Perhaps just need another tall? Or just be a bit more aggressive?
* Clever Fouling: You don't get a refund after the game, and smart teams use them effectively and share them around. Having a look at some stats, in some games some girls played a lot of time without a single foul. I'm not saying you foul for the sake of it, but sometimes a clever foul slows the game down and can swing momentum. If it send them to the line, then they have to earn the points instead of having a free layup.

Overall, while the score on the weekend was not good, I think everything needs to be put into perspective.

(drum roll the anons .........)

Reply #483881 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

they recruited a big that thinks she can shoot

Other clubs not wanted waste will get you nowhere

Reply #483883 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It really shows how bad b'ball is in SA.

Reply #483884 | Report this post

Years ago

Kb is a great coach! The issue is that how long will he work in that environment for?

Reply #483890 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

While everyone is ready to kick the Centrals team and coach, does the opposition team get ANY credit for keeping them to that low score?

Reply #483902 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Give them a break this is a very inexperienced group I watched them play last night and in patches they were very competitive but very undermanned this does not always show on the scoreboard. This group if it stays together could be quite competitive in a couple of seasons as it matures. I am not a lions junior fan but they are working hard to develop an improved girls program and demonstrating a pathway to cabl through their juniors.

Reply #483904 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tucker is another who played NBL but cant coach.

Reply #483906 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jack juniors build successful CABL sides, or u end up buying a senior team like woodville , souths etc. better to put money into junior development than pay the kind of money you are to kb

Reply #483910 | Report this post

eagle rock  
Years ago

Same old negatives

Reply #483913 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well said Spinner. Isn't that that same North team that caused 46 turnovers a few weeks prior against Southern.

Reply #483914 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tucker do a great job with the players he have.

Reply #483934 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You think?

Reply #484008 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:25 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754