Cavs - Wiggins, Bennett and first rounder
Bulls - Butler, Gibson and "other assets"
Suns - Dragic, Bledsoe and picks
Nuggets - no named players but appear willing to take on Martin and Barea also
That could make it hard for the cavs!

Topic #34968 | Report this topic

pwned  
Years ago

You've left out the Warriors offer of Lee, Barnes and a pick, and most recently, Lee, Thompson and a pick.

Reply #484303 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

also C's offer of 1st for the next 10 years

Reply #484304 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

those offers cant be legit as the timberwolves should take any of them real quick.

Reply #484305 | Report this post

pwned  
Years ago

A trade that would send Kevin Love to the Cleveland Cavaliers is "done," Portland, Maine sports anchor Travis Lee tweeted Tuesday, citing a “trusted source in the industry.” If true, this wouldn't be completely shocking news, since Love has been connected in trade rumors with the Cavs for weeks, but it still would be a major development. - See more at: http://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/report-kevin-love-trade-to-cavs-deal-is-done-no-timetable-given--313874.html#sthash.mwN426Z2.dpuf

Reply #484306 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

I think Bennett is going to be a good, sub all star level player. Wiggins is going to be an all star obviously. Add in another first round pick and thats too much for love. Minnesota is playing this beautifully...

but then they will screw it up because flip saunders is a middling coach at best and a subpar exec at best and he somehow is one of the most powerful men in the NBA.

Reply #484320 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wiggins signed so can't be traded for 30 days but by doing so opens up more than 5mil in salary cap space if traded so if this goes on much longer you can assume an in principle deal has been struck between the cavs and min.

Reply #484331 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cavs traded with utah for three players with non guaranteed contracts. All part of the love process.

They are saying it's wiggins Bennett and two first rounders (rumoured that Minny wants all three of cleveland 2015 first rounders).

Reply #484332 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

If so, anon, that is too much. Only Lebron or Durant is worth that many number 1 picks.

Reply #484335 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Saunders is doing a brilliant job for the Wolves if he gets Wiggins, Bennett and a couple of first rounders for a player who is going to be a FA in one season!

Will signing Love still put Cavs over salary cap after their recent moves? If so, I would expect they will need to add about another $5mill in salary to make the deal work. Adding either Waiters or Thompson would therefore be likely I think.

Reply #484343 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

For the Cav's its all about win now.

Wiggns is a few years off and same with Bennett so with LBJ being 30 and Kyrie having a couple of seasons under his belt the time is now to bring in a thrid wheel and basically carbon copy what the heat did with a big 3.

Makes alot of sense as if Wiggins & Bennett don't develop quickly (ie take 3 years) you'll miss out of LBJ's prime and might not win any chip's at all.

Reply #484344 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

I'm with Mick,

I'd only do that trade is for Durant, LeBron (who the Cavs have) or maybe Anthony Davis, thats it for me.

I also would only do it if the player you are trading for is under contract for several seasons, not just one, or you get the player to sign and extension and then trade them.

Its very hard to win a trade when you are receiving the best player, you usually give up way too much for them, ie the Knicks for Melo, which hurts you before too long. See the knicks the last few seasons. To me you are better off not doing those trades and build through Free Agents and/or Draft. Ie the current Cavs.

Cavs just be patient, even though LeBron is almost 30, you have a potential stud in Wiggins, who is likely to be better than Kevin Love before too long, and also is way cheaper on his rookie deal so you could add other pieces, doesnt have to be a max player around that team.

Research allstar level or better 2 way, sg/sfs, (who havent had there careers ruined by injury, ie Grant Hill,) and see how many of them have won championships, its probably along with a dominant big who can dominate the paint at both ends (none in the current NBA) the most likely player to lead you to a title or championship series if you put the right pieces around them. Look at last years top 4 teams, they all had stud sfs, ie LeBron, Durant, Leonard, George.

Research jump shooting big men, who are poor defenders and take a large number of shots from 3 or long range 2s and i think you will find very few have lead teams to titles.

That is why im keeping Wiggins over Love.

Wiggins is the style of player who is more likely to lead you deep in the playoffs than Love is.

I also dont think it will take Wiggins that long to develop into a really good 'pippen' for LeBron also, i reckon he could do close to what Wade was doing last season as a rookie. i predict he will average around 15pts, 5rbds, 5asts whilst playing really good defense.

Reply #484346 | Report this post

Aussiebballer  
Years ago

Will the Twolves go into full rebuild mode?
Could Rubio and Pek be next on the trade block?

Reply #484348 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It seems that the cavs are willing to give 2 of the picks but don't want to give up the third. I get the feeling that they will if they have to. I think it's too much for love. Defensively he's not great (yes I know he can rebound) but that's not all defense is.

How good for the twolves if it happens. Definitely a chance to rebuild. Thibk they'll keep Rubio. He's young and can play (not shoot though). Although not sure worth the max which he is wanting.

Reply #484374 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That would be a great deal for Minnesota. Wiggens has future all star written all over him and Bennet still has the potential to be a great NBA player. Throw in 2 1st round picks and it's a no brainer.

Reply #484394 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Yeah id do it for davis as well. Thats it.

Reply #484415 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bulls have offered Gibson, McDermott and Mirotic which Minny likes better than the cavs deal. The only thing keeping cavs front runner is that second first rounder (apparently)

Reply #484462 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Why can't Lebron just do this himself for once with the team he is given?

I was really looking forward to seeing him paired with all this young bouncy legs because it's gonna be really fun to watch.

So kinda hoping Love heads elsewhere.

Reply #484473 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

Agreed Mick, im looking forward to LeBron and the Cavs youngsters.

Nooo Bulls please dont do that trade, Gibson, Mirotic, McDermott combined will average more than Love will and atleast some of those guys will play better defense, thats a great trade for minnesota if they do that imo, reminds me alot of the Knicks trading wayy too much depth to get Melo, and look how that worked, and Melo is way better than Love imo.

Reply #484479 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

@Jonno - Between Melo & Love not much D played...i guess at least Love is a beast Boards.

Reply #484481 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

Very true,

I'd take Melo over Love, but yea neither play good defense.

And i keep looking at the knicks and seeing them give up everything for Melo and it didnt work, dont want the Bulls or Cavs to make the same mistake.

Reply #484484 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Finally someone on the Cavs had the balls to put a decent offer on the table for Flip Saunders to get this deal done:

http://www.theonion.com/articles/breaking-cavaliers-agree-to-trade-andrew-wiggins-l,36500/

Reply #484519 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

lol sadly you can almost see some GMs doing it,

I personally dont get the whole Kevin Love thing, yes he is a good player, but he is not worth trading heaps to get, (very few are) to me he is the type of player i either draft, sign as a free agent or live without, as its very hard to get a guy like him in a fair trade, you end up getting him and losing the trade imo, which will be the case if the Cavs or Bulls do what has been reportedly offered.

I reckon that Bennett and Wiggins could average 24 pts 12 rebounds between them, and play better de, so what are they really acheiving?? plus they are giving up more than that.

I promise that Gibson, Mirotic, McDermott combined will put up way better numbers than Love and atleast Gibson plays better de, so dont see the point in that either, what are they acheiving?

Id do Thompson, Bennett and maybe consider Waiters for Love and a half decent player, if i was the Cavs but am giving up nothing more than that.

I dont think the Bulls need Love, a pf/c rotation of Noah, Gasol, Mirotic, Gibson is imo heaps better than Noah, Gasol, Love and a cheap guy,

especially when you consider that Love rarely gets through a full season and is only on a 1 year contract, yes he can promise to re-sign, but until pen is to paper the promise means nothing, and im not giving up key assets going forward for that.

What is it im missing about Love that has GM's thinking of doing these crazy deals.

Reply #484524 | Report this post

Aussiebballer  
Years ago

These teams should just wait until the trade deadline and get Love for much less.
Twolves will have no power at that point as it is obvious Love is going to leave .
So they will have to trade him or he will leave for nothing next offseason.

No way Cavs should give up the last 2 number 1 picks and more 1st rd picks.

Also can Love actually sign an extension this year?
Or will teams just be taking his word that he will re-sign with them?

Reply #484549 | Report this post

Aussiebballer  
Years ago

Cavs should offer Bennett, Thompson and 1 or 2 lottery protected 1st rd picks and then just move on if Wolves want more.
Just like the Warriors did when Flip wanted Thompson.

Take Martin and send expirings and Waiters if Twolves want that as well.

Bennett and Thompson would not be needed if Cavs get Love and they also replace Love to a degree for Twolves.

Reply #484551 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

I agree Aussieballer,

Just offer Thompson, Waiters and a few picks and leave it at that, i reckon by the trade deadline, if the Wolves cant get anything better, which is likely imo, they will end up taking.

The Cavs are in the stronger position imo, and need to use it. If i was the Cavs id be telling the Wolves, we will create cap space via a variety of trades and sign him as a free agent if you dont do this deal.

But the Wolves are being demanding and looking to be acting as if in the strong position, i hope teams dont fall for it and offer too much, they flat out dont need to.

Think about it what offer is out there that is better than Bennett, Thompson and picks?? Cavs just wait and see, do not offer more than that.

Irving/Delly
Waiters/? Allen
LeBron/Miller
Love/??
Varejao/??

might get you 1 or 2 titles in the next few years, but not guaranteed, thats not as good as the Heat had imo, within 5 years they will be in a similar situation to the Heat, needing a re-fresh and possibly not won a title, and Wiggins would likely be peaking elsewhere.

Irving/Delly
Wiggins/Waiters
LeBron/Miller
Love/?? solid banger
Varajeo/?? solid banger

If Love stays healthy and sticks around, LeBron sticks around at a high level, Wiggins develops into a all star level player, atleast Kawai, then you have a potential for a Spurs like run of 10+ years at the top imo, as LeBron declines, Love will be peaking, as Love declines Wiggins will be peaking, then Irving is also in the mix and will peak inbetween Wiggins and Love.

Thats what im aiming for if im the Cavs.

Play hard ball, offer Thompson, Bennett, Picks for the next 2 years and thats it, the Wolves will struggle to get better at Feb so may end up taking it, if not you are better off missing out imo.

AS over the next few years

Irving/Delly
Wiggins/Waiters/? Allen
LeBron/Miller
Thompson/Bennett
Varejao/??

will be better imo than

Irving/Delly
Waiters/? Allen
LeBron/Miller
Love/??
Varejao/??

So just give up Thompson and Bennett or forget about it Cavs, let someone else be ripped off.

Bulls, please dont do that trade, just stick with your team, dont need to do it imo. If you are going to do a trade like that go for Paul George or something, he is more what you need than Love is.

Reply #484554 | Report this post

Gordon Liddy  
Years ago

Anyone heard any rumours that Delly is involved in any of these trades? Cleveland would be mad to lose his hussle. Does anyone know how many minutes he'll average next season now LeBron is back?

Reply #484572 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Let's not over play delly too much

I'm all for supporting the Aussies but he's not a major piece off the bench

Reply #484612 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Yeah Gordon I doubt anyone would consider Cleveland "mad" for giving up Delly as part of a deal for a franchise player...

Reply #484641 | Report this post

Gordon Liddy  
Years ago

Not yet but he'll be a major piece of their championship puzzle if given a chance. He plays the game with an integrity that few Americans play with.

Reply #484667 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That's just a silly comment to even think he will play a major part in their title chase. Back the Aussie but don't say ridiculous comments. They could trade him and be a contender so he's definitely not a major piece.

Reply #485215 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:21 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754