Isaac
Years ago

Crocs re-sign Vanderjagt

Crocs big man signs on

VETERAN big man Greg Vanderjagt looks set to join rare company as a 200-game player for the Townsville Crocodiles after re-signing for the 2014-15 NBL season.

Vanderjagt has notched up 181 games for the club and, ­provided he stays relatively ­injury-free, the towering ­centre will next season join Rob Rose (258), Kelvin Robertson (243), Michael Cedar (219) and the recently departed Peter Crawford (292) in the Crocs' 200 club.
One spot left in Townsville.

Topic #35010 | Report this topic

paul  
Years ago

I'm glad to see him back. They probably need a defensive-minded swingman to round out the roster.

Reply #485293 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Markovic | Norton
Blanchfield | Djeric
Steindl | ???
Conklin | Holmes
Gladness | Vanderjagt

anyone got anything for their last player?

Reply #485315 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who is left in the free agency ?

Reply #485316 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Looks like a playoff team to me

Reply #485334 | Report this post

Ganymede 86  
Years ago

Would go a two and use Steindl as the back up 3 for their last player.
Scott Kenny or Everard Bartlett?

Reply #485335 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Blanchfield has definitely improved defensively, but I think they just need another guy who can guard a quality two and/or three to cover their bases.

Reply #485336 | Report this post

kr  
Years ago

I'm not sure the last spot goes to kenny. Dennis has waited this long before signing the last aussie 2/3 so I would imagine he has been looking at plenty of options.

Comparing to last years team from 1 to 3, you would think they are still looking for someone who can contribute in a meaningful way.

markovic/ norton markovic/ norton
pace/ Djeric Steindl/ Djeric
Blanchfield/ PC Blanchfield/ ?

They are essentially still trying to replace PC or Pace's spot, so I can't see them signing a cheap rookie.

Crocs have made good improvements at the 5 spot with Gladness in for Hinder, so don't want to give that advantage away with signing a bench warmer at 2/3.

Djeric, Vandy and to a lesser degree Holmes should be the guys playing the least minutes imo.

Reply #485340 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Roster looking good. I think Vandy was always coming back because he does loads of work off the court which is pretty important for a club that is running on fumes, plus he's a good character guy and works hard.

I think the last spot will be a minimum salary guy.

Even if they had money to spend, not sure there is anyone out there you can even throw it at.

Which Aussie wings are even available?

Reply #485354 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah mick I guess $ will play a big part in who they get for their last spot. Probably have most bases covered so could be a 2,3 or 4.

Damon heuir, Shaun Gleeson, kenny, majok majok, Rhys carter, drake u u. Not sure what other college or top state league options are out there.

Reply #485374 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

It's this sort of situation where if they can pull a bit of a rabbit out of the hat ( youngster, college returnee)they could become a real contender. Easier said than done though.

Reply #485376 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

yeah i think it would be a rabbit/hat situation or just kenny. Even if you had 100k to offer: who could you give it to? its not enough to get someone back from Europe and its too much to offer everard Bartlett or daniel dillon or rhys Carter.

Reply #485400 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

having said that i would love carter or dillon on this team for the right money. Kenny hasnt showed that he can shoot it at this level and on top of that he is very hateable for intangible reasons.

Reply #485401 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

Ok so Shawn Dennis was in the Wildcats system for years, has he seen anyone over here that he could poach from the WA state league hat may get overlooked by the Wildcats.

This team has rebounds but I'd love to see Jared Prie get his chance at NBL level... When you average 15-20 rebounds a game as an undersized PF then your doing something fundamentally right and you can always play Holmes at SF but Prue would be minimum wage I'd think and maybe another team may see value in him

Reply #485468 | Report this post

Ganymede 86  
Years ago

How about James Harvey for the last spot?

Reply #485479 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"he is very hateable for intangible reasons"

Mick I just fell off my chair laughing. That is awesome.

Reply #485638 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This is a good signing. Crocs roster looks solid. Any thoughts?

Reply #485726 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Accept my condolences.

Reply #486332 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:50 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754