Tom
Years ago

Can Daequon Montreal be naturalised

DQ has been in the SEABL for 3 years and will be a 36er next year. Is that long enough to be naturalised.

Topic #35028 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Even if it is Tom we have used all points and have no money in the kitty. I like your thinking but cannot see it happening.

Reply #485725 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He can apply for citizenship, then become an aussie

Reply #485748 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That process will take years, assuming he'd even want to.

Reply #485756 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I doubt is as it generally relies on the import spending most of their time in Australia. I don't believe DQ fits that criteria.

Reply #485762 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You have to apply for residency first, then meet the criteria for citizenship, it can take years.

Reply #485763 | Report this post

bethdavis10  
Years ago

To become "naturalised" you first have to apply to become a permanent resident, which can take up to (and usually does) two years. Once you have been granted residency status, it takes a minimum twelve more months before you can be granted citizenship. CJ Massingale only just got granted his citizenship earlier this year so unless the process has already begun for DQ, it will be a few years in the making if that's what he chooses to do.

Reply #485768 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thankyou Beth.

As highlighted this process can take many years.

Reply #485773 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't worry 30Sixers fans you will be very happy with Montreal. He will be phenomenal for you.

Reply #485777 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

How can you say he will be phenomenal when he hasnt played against NBL caliber before?

He may be...I just dont know how you can make that statement without any evidence?

Reply #485782 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

DQ is purely warming up at SEABL level don't think he gets out of second gear most games so I'd say yes he will be very very good at NBL level

Reply #485787 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tornado - Your posts have been consistently negative around DQ. Given there hasn't even been an announcement you are pretty set in your ways.

If this happens it's a great story for DQ, the SEABL league and basketball in general. If you take a minute to review 46pts in a SEABL GF hasn't been done often if at all.

If DQ is announced he deserves his shot just like Shaun Redhadge, Mike Kelly, Dave Gruber amongst others who have proven themselves worthy.

How about some positivity. The bloke is legit 6'7, proved he can play above and around the rim, Legit DIV 1 College experience and in the prime age bracket of his career.

Stop hating and grab yourself a membership if he's announced.

Reply #485799 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hey Tornado can Dante Exum play in the NBA? how do you know?

Reply #485866 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Seems silly to talk about naturalising when he hasn't played a single game yet.
Even if he does he will still be rated 9 or 10 anyway

Reply #485868 | Report this post

Max Power  
Years ago

can we be clear that Mike Kelly was an awful import.

Reply #485888 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

You call him an awful import and he'll shine his championship ring.

Reply #485891 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Shawn Redhage was a hack to....

Reply #485919 | Report this post

BJF  
Years ago

Andre LaFleur anyone?

Reply #485922 | Report this post

Choppy Galopy  
Years ago

If I were a 36er fan I'd be very happy with the DQ signing.

Reply #486124 | Report this post

phillip  
Years ago

Joey doesnt usually sign seabl imports, this means montreal is something special and good bang for buck

Reply #486180 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:59 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754